Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eubank Jnr v Spike O' Sullivan for interim WBA tile soon to be announced?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank Jnr v Spike O' Sullivan for interim WBA tile soon to be announced?

Could be agreed and signed early next week, i've not see O' Sullivan fight so if anyone has then let us know what he's like

Spike O'Sullvian versus Chris Eubank Jr for the WBA interim title to be confirmed next week? -

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Jnr v Spike O' Sullivan for interim WBA tile soon to be announced?

Excellent fight (if it happens). Thought he relocated to the States?

Spike's only loss was chasing Billy Joe around for 12 rounds and getting out slicked. Young Eubank's chin will be seriously tested.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Jnr v Spike O' Sullivan for interim WBA tile soon to be announced?

O'Sullivan thinks hes something special but has beten nobody.

He will gove Eubank a good fight for the first 2 or 3 rounds then eubank will get on top big time and relatively easily.

This is a big step backwards and not one that od have thought Eubank Sr would be interested in. The only thing I can think this relates to is treading water until Lee has his fight. I think if Lee somehow wins that Saunders beats him and then the rematch happens. Warren knows a Eubank rematch is the only way to make any real money out of Saunders.

I thought Eubank would want Jacobs title next. Would be another good learning fight for him. O'Sullivan offers him nothing.

Dont get me wrong it will be an event. O Sulivan is gobby and the friction will sell but he has no chance against Eubank Jr.
    Last edited by ross; 03-19-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gary O'Sullivans record is as padded as you will see for someone who is ranked as high as he is.

Gary O'Sullivan - Boxer

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They both lost on points to BJS , so I guess it has that as a common interest.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spike O' Sullivan fought the perfect fight against Anthony Fitzgerald. Watch this!

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He seems a decent fighter and a proper mouthy fucker too so should be plenty spite going into this.

It's got tear up written all over it

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Spike O' Sullivan fought the perfect fight against Anthony Fitzgerald. Watch this!

Who is Fitzgerald though?

O'Sullivan turned down a late notice fight with Eubank when Jez Wilson pulled out a month before the Saunders fight.
    Eubank ready for big test (From The Argus)

It will sell but it wont last long or prove anything.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    O'Sullivan thinks hes something special but has beten nobody.

He will gove Eubank a good fight for the first 2 or 3 rounds then eubank will get on top big time and relatively easily.

This is a big step backwards and not one that od have thought Eubank Sr would be interested in. The only thing I can think this relates to is treading water until Lee has his fight. I think if Lee somehow wins that Saunders beats him and then the rematch happens. Warren knows a Eubank rematch is the only way to make any real money out of Saunders.

I thought Eubank would want Jacobs title next. Would be another good learning fight for him. O'Sullivan offers him nothing.

Dont get me wrong it will be an event. O Sulivan is gobby and the friction will sell but he has no chance against Eubank Jr.

I think Jacobs would have a very good chance to knock Eubank Jr out, perhaps that's why he doesn't gun for that one right away.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Billy Joe had no chance against Jr either. Will be the best opponent Jr has faced, barring Billy Joe, regardless. Good style matchup
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a top fight. I know Spike personally and he really underperformed against Saunders. Hes had shitty promotional issues too. Hes starting to get fights for the first time in his career. Hes improved so much in the last year. I expect Eubank wins this and will be a strong fav to do so but Id be very tempted to back Spike at 5/1 or bigger. Should be a fun fight while it lasts.

Anthony Fitzgerald is very average but tough as nails. He went the distance with Andy Lee in a very close fight and went the distance with highly rated Ndam. What Spike did to him was very impressive. He was expected to win but its the way he did it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's Next For Gary Spike O'Sullivan? -

Article I did on spike since that article he had another knockout victory.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody who knows me or follows my career knows that I've always said that I'll fight any middleweight in the world - and I have never called out a fighter I wouldn't get into the ring with. I've tried to get fights with every top middleweight and nobody wants to fight me - with good reason.
    Only two men have ever had the balls to call me out. Anthony Fitzgerald is one and Chris Eubank Jr is the other. Fitzy and I settled our differences like men last November and Chris - for all your big talk - you refuse to face me.
    Take a look at the article below from last summer and see how much crap Chris talks about me to the media. But what happened when my team approached his people to make it happen on two separate occasions? He refused to sign.
    I get it Chris. You've never faced a fighter with knockout power like mine and you know I'd put you to sleep if you dared get in a ring with me. So either admit publicly that you will never face me and shut your mouth, or grow some balls and accept the offer that has been put to you through the official channels this week.
    I'll be onstage with the Dropkick Murphys lads at the Brixton Academy in London tomorrow (Saturday) night, so if you want me to knock you spark out there instead of in a boxing ring come on down.

Spike out this on his Facebook In reaction to an older article

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iv changed my opinion now. I almost forgot boxing is a business and Spike is only doing best by his family and career to make what is the biggest realistic fight he could have.

If the Eubanks stop and think as I have. Although this fight does nothing to improve his real time world standing it raises his profile even more. I think theres very little chance of O'Sullivan beating Eubank and you know where it would sell massively? In Ireland but what other fighters that are irish does Warren have that he could build a show around?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Iv changed my opinion now. I almost forgot boxing is a business and Spike is only doing best by his family and career to make what is the biggest realistic fight he could have.

If the Eubanks stop and think as I have. Although this fight does nothing to improve his real time world standing it raises his profile even more. I think theres very little chance of O'Sullivan beating Eubank and you know where it would sell massively? In Ireland but what other fighters that are irish does Warren have that he could build a show around?
    Ormond is decent and from Dublin so if he was added could sell a few tickets but pretty sure this will be in England and Billy Joe Saunders be on the card too to keep the Saunders Eubanks rivalry a hot topic.

To be honest this is the perfect fight for Eubanks, he is still relatively a novice. His best win is against Chudinov who in all fairness, is average. You will probably say he is top class because he lasted with Eubank for 12 but anyone who isnt destroying Patrick Mendy isnt top class. Chudinov is levels below Saunders and even further below Jacobs. Chudinov v Spike would actually be a good fight.

There are lots of good fights there for Eubank but he has to be careful. Another loss against a top fighter could ruin him. If he dives in with Jacobs and loses its a long way back.

Thread Information