Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Mitchell v Jorge Linares WBC Lightweight Title - O2 London May 30th

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kevin Mitchell v Jorge Linares WBC Lightweight Title - O2 London May 30th

Can't wait for this one, i really want Mitchell to win this and think he will as he's fighting so well now and definitely deserves it - could be his final chance to get a title so he'll be so up for this and bring an army of fans as he's literally fighting on his doorstep.

Lee Selby fights for the IBF Featherweight title against Russian Evegeny Gradovich

Anthony Joshua fights Kevin Johnson as well

Great nights fights

Kevin Mitchell to take on world champion Jorge Linares at O2 Arena in May | Daily Mail Online

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/9766757?
    Last edited by smashup; 03-19-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kevin Mitchell v Jorge Linares WBC Lightweight Title - O2 London May 30th

That is a pretty solid bill. Should be fun.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kevin Mitchell v Jorge Linares WBC Lightweight Title - O2 London May 30th

Great fight and very good card. I still have problems understanding how Ricky beat Kev.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Terrific fight, last chance saloon for two uber talented under achievers. I'd back Linares, he is or was pretty clearly a bit more gifted imo, but he's got that off button on his chin and Mitchell looked very good in his last fight, although against a guy not in the same league.

Don't think Joshua will struggle with Johnson, who is basically a sparring partner with no output. I can see why they want it for him as he's never gone past mid rounds and all, but Johnson doesn't beat anybody and is painful to watch. Would love to see Joshua in a proper crossroads fight, someone like Manuel Charr or Wach, hell BRiggs or Tarver even, just someone kinda dangerous.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a proper boxing card. 2 Brits going for World Titles in very competitive fights and the continuing emergence of Joshua.
    Mitchell is totally focussed nowadays and I really hope he wins because he has tons of skill and heart.
    Selby is another mega talented fighter and I hope he takes his chance . Could either be a glorious night for British boxing or very disappointing. Could literally go either way, but with home advantage?
    Hey Ross, do you still think Joshua won't fight Johnson next ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent card. Three seriously good/intriguing fights.

Mitchell looked the bollocks last time, but can he be trusted to not bottle it? A fight between two world-rated talented dodge pots
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really good fight. Complete 50/50 fight for me. Linares is top class, really good skills but Mitchell showed us how good he can be in his last fight. Really looking forward to this, need selby to make me some doh

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You backed Selby at 9/4 for a title - make him a 1/3 shot for this fight. High five....
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A very compelling card. Linares vs Mitchell should be a fire-fight. I think Gradovich may be too seasoned?

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finito use to love Mitchell and Linares.

Mitchell should fight Burns if he wins the title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed. Good fights. I admit I'm still a little shocked from Linares loss to Demarco. I thought Linares was putting on a clinic. Then Demarco's corner rightly tells him- he's got to go balls out, and he did!
    What a gutsy effort from Demarco. I didnt see Linares next loss but heard it may have been premature? I like how Jorge has a few wins since then as I thought maybe he was mentally damaged from those 2 losses, not including his 1st loss ( didnt see that either.)

& Mitchell losing to Burns seems a similar situation? A fight he should've won. Mithcell & Linares both got someting to prove.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jorge Linares was going to be a special fighter but never achieved it.

Mitchell is our UK version of Linares.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must admit I have never really been taken in by the kevin mitchell is or has the talent to be a top fighter . He has been for the most part of his career with frank warren and in the early to mid part of his career the way he was hyped by warren reminded of the way george Collins was hyped years back and I never really took to that either . I hope mitchell raises to the challenge and surprises me but I'm going for mitchell to lose by stoppage

nobody cares about spelling well not unless they are really really bored or have ocd issues
    Last edited by YIDDLE; 03-21-2015 at 03:19 AM. Reason: ne fooking bathered
    think happy thoughts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Linares should beat Mitchell with minor trouble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Linares should beat Mitchell with minor trouble.
    He should have beaten Salgado, DeMarco & Thompson too that's what makes this fight interesting
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Thread Information