Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Showtime Saturday JoJo vs Kell / Gonzalez vs Russell

Pretty decent Saturday of festivities and an above average supporting cast in Charlo/Martirosyan and Etches/Khomitsky

I don't give my countrymen much of a shot unless Kell caught overlook disease which is doubtful since he is on the verge of super-stardom. Jojo will present some difficulties and different looks. He loves that inside and one step out uppercut. Kell could stop him but I think its just as likely to go 12. I also like the opportunity to see Gavin McDonnell fight again. He reminds me a little of Johnny Owen..

Gonzalez is a tough guy but Gary has to get past him if he has any hopes of reaching his aspirations or the expectations of others..........like me. At least I know he can take a punch after the Loma fight. That is the trouble when a super talent gets coddled with no hopers and builds a false sense of security.Speed should kill in this fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Showtime Saturday JoJo vs Kell / Gonzalez vs Russell

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Pretty decent Saturday of festivities and an above average supporting cast in Charlo/Martirosyan and Etches/Khomitsky

I don't give my countrymen much of a shot unless Kell caught overlook disease which is doubtful since he is on the verge of super-stardom. Jojo will present some difficulties and different looks. He loves that inside and one step out uppercut. Kell could stop him but I think its just as likely to go 12. I also like the opportunity to see Gavin McDonnell fight again. He reminds me a little of Johnny Owen..

Gonzalez is a tough guy but Gary has to get past him if he has any hopes of reaching his aspirations or the expectations of others..........like me. At least I know he can take a punch after the Loma fight. That is the trouble when a super talent gets coddled with no hopers and builds a false sense of security.Speed should kill in this fight.
    Gonzalez hasn't faced anyone worthy as a titlist so it's tough to accurately gauge where he's at. However, when Russell stepped up he got smacked around by Loma. I'm looking forward to the fight. Good crossroads battle.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will be good to see Kell Brook back in the ring as I think he wants to put on a. show and then ask for Khan next.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook said yesterday that he can't be bothered with Khan at all now this year as he simply sick to death of asking.

Interesting thing is that if Brook wins on Saturday then come May 3rd there will only be 2 belt holders in the division - Pac or Floyd and Kell Brook.

He's holding out for a mega unification fight later in the year obviously and good for him.

Khan could have seriously shot himself in the foot here if Brook gets the winner of Floyd v Pac

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched some of Dan on youtube. Looks like he wants to come forward, active, southpaw but didn't look like he hit very hard and didn't like going backwards. Seen he's been down a few times too.

Brook is probably the biggest/strongest welter in the world at the moment. Brook stoppage between rounds 7-12 is 5/2.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Brook should get a stoppage if he hits as hard as he claims.

Here is the article i mentioned before
    Brook: I’ll fight some other massive name, not interested in Khan | World Boxing News

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interested the most in Etches-Khomitsky.

Khomitsky might be a hundred years old and have a dozen losses but he's hard as nails. His only legit stoppage came against GGG. He gave Martin Murray two tough fights - had him staggering around like a drunk in the 1st one - and sploshed Frank Buglioni. Was giving Stieglitz an argument before bizarre glove incident ended it.

Not bet yet but...

Etches PTS - 7/4
    Khomitsky win - 11/4
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Dans chin is a little dodgy and Kell throws hard. His jabs remind me of Lewis's. Fricken jackhammer.
    Kell has to keep his nervous energy in check or risk blowing his wad. At home, first defense and coming after a layoff do to a violent attack. The emotions will raise the room temp.

What makes this interesting is the fact that JoJo is a southpaw and fast. Shame about his lack of pop. I doubt it goes past 8 or 9 but Dan makes it interesting I think. I personally think Brook is going to take over the division if given the opportunity to do so and if Jojo makes it 12 I'll consider it a national victory.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like a good card. Can't wait now after what has been a sporadic return after the closed season the fights are picking up again now. Brook has tons of potential but has taken his time realising it. With all due respect to JoJo he needs a big fight if he can get past this one before he loses momentum again.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone heard why Brook blew past the weight so far?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Anyone heard why Brook blew past the weight so far?
    He was lighter then Dan. He was 145.9. to JoJo's 146.4. Not sure how true it is that he struggles to make weight. He may have been just complacent prior to Porter.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quality split card by Showtime. Great to see Brook on air here after he really dismantled Porter. Jhonny is seriously a rough cut gem in the shadows of the sport and has been here and done this. Boxes or slugs and for as long in the tooth as he is, Russell is at the other end in soft touch and greenish leading into his spanking v Loma. Think very early on we'll know if the Gonzalez left to the body can collect on Russell. Make him feel his heels and make a shoot out. I'm not convinced Russell can take Gonzalez best punches. Charlo v Martirosyan is main event material and both deserve a shot. Jermall on extreme pre show good to see though in very soft.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook should win, but I've seen Dan a few times on FNF's and he will bring it to Brook. The big question is Brook's leg. I'm also curious about how you can get into an altercation where someone tries to chop off your leg. There has to be a good story in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook wins what next,! he may have to move up in weight.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to seeing Brook again, he impressed against Porter.
    Cool, calm and collected, just taking care of business.

Thread Information