Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Good old Adrien Broner

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    a Broner fight would be a great move for Khan as I said - the whole boxing fraternity would be behind him
    If this fight ever happened, my ideal result would be either that neither threw a punch and both got DQ'd or that they both connect at the same time and both got knocked out!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what you mean but at the moment he's the only fighter I'd cheer Khan on against
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's the Justin Bieber of boxing. Young & havin' fun.

Fact is there's just way too many TMZ's and instant gossip outlets trotted out as news. Be it Jake the wife beater Lamotta or Babe the "alchoholic" Ruth in baseball:The old timers would've had their fare share of tv exploits as well.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Fact is there's just way too many TMZ's and instant gossip outlets trotted out as news. Be it Jake the wife beater Lamotta or Babe the "alchoholic" Ruth in baseball:The old timers would've had their fare share of tv exploits as well.
    No doubt, I don't like Broner but he screwed up, got caught and handled it pretty well. He didn't go off on a do you know who I am rant. I wish people would stop saying Broner showed how tough he was against Maidana. Do people forget all that faking and looking for a DQ. Broner did nothing to be proud of getting beat By Maidana.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    He's just a clown.
    At least he's not a quitter...like Manos de no mas.
    Did someone just try to make a comparison between Broner and Duran!!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Not a comparison just a fact.

Broner has no quit in him....unlike Duran.
    Admittedly one thing Broner showed against Maidana was courage, but it was Maidana, not Sugar Ray Leonard. If Duran was getting the shit beat out of him , he wouldn't have quit. He may have got KO'd, but he wouldn't have quit. Duran quit because his pride and Machismo couldn't accept getting embarrassed like that, I'm not condoning it, just pointing out that Duran was tough , and levels above Broner.
    To sum it up , Duran wouldn't have had to quit against Broner.
    I think quiting is more embarrassing that getting out boxed. He was a great talent but goes way down in my estimation after that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.
    Thank you for your contribution, I really appreciate it and I will frame it on my wall.
    I'm not going to bother with a comeback because I have seen your antics on other threads and I don't have the time for multiple replies.

Broner and Duran shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph, never mind sentence. I think I will stop posting on Broner threads because Manos de Piedra shouldn't be seen written anywhere near Adrien 'problem easily solved' Broner.

I'm glad you disagree, otherwise I'd be insulted if I shared a common opinion with you. I'm struggling to live with myself because of the fact that we agree Mayweather beats Pacquiao.
    Last edited by Manos de Piedra; 04-19-2015 at 01:41 AM.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

No doubt, I don't like Broner but he screwed up, got caught and handled it pretty well. He didn't go off on a do you know who I am rant. I wish people would stop saying Broner showed how tough he was against Maidana. Do people forget all that faking and looking for a DQ. Broner did nothing to be proud of getting beat By Maidana.
    I wish I could remember his quote about God or something allowed him to lose. If, so maybe God was trying to tell him something. Apparently he heard it: but wasn't really listening.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    He's just a clown.
    Did someone just try to make a comparison between Broner and Duran!!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Admittedly one thing Broner showed against Maidana was courage, but it was Maidana, not Sugar Ray Leonard. If Duran was getting the shit beat out of him , he wouldn't have quit. He may have got KO'd, but he wouldn't have quit. Duran quit because his pride and Machismo couldn't accept getting embarrassed like that, I'm not condoning it, just pointing out that Duran was tough , and levels above Broner.
    I think quiting is more embarrassing that getting out boxed. He was a great talent but goes way down in my estimation after that.
    I think he gets fair criticism for that by some for that moment in time but to others its over the top. And lets be clear right from the start, Broner could not carry Duran's jock itch. At 135 or any other weight and based on what Broner has done so far he will most likely go done in boxing history as an ink blot.He indeed had me fooled. And sure its pretty embarrassing for Duran to quit but at least he didn't put innocent people at risk by driving shit faced. In addition, anyone (not pointing the finger at you) who concludes on Duran's career as a complete work based on that one episode is a pin head of the highest order. Sadly the same thing would have happened to Floyd had he not fought Manny.
    His domination of the sport for 15 years would be a footnote in the minds of many people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    He's just a clown.

I think he gets fair criticism for that by some for that moment in time but to others its over the top. And lets be clear right from the start, Broner could not carry Duran's jock itch. At 135 or any other weight and based on what Broner has done so far he will most likely go done in boxing history as an ink blot.He indeed had me fooled. And sure its pretty embarrassing for Duran to quit but at least he didn't put innocent people at risk by driving shit faced. In addition, anyone (not pointing the finger at you) who concludes on Duran's career as a complete work based on that one episode is a pin head of the highest order. Sadly the same thing would have happened to Floyd had he not fought Manny.
    His domination of the sport for 15 years would be a footnote in the minds of many people.
    Well it's not really fair to compare broner to Duran cause no one knows what broner might or might not go on to achieve in his career. Also I'm not interested in what any boxer does outside the ring but wasn't Duran famous for knocking out a horse and a woman with 1 punch both are pretty sickening if true. The problem for me with Duran quiting is because he was looked at as the toughest most macho boxer about and let's not beat about the bush boxing is a sport that you just don't quit in. That's my opinion on him, that one moment is what i will always remember him for and its a shame because he was a phenomenal fighter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.

Cool story..

All Duran had to do was cut off the ring....not QUIT like a bitch.

He KNEW the fight was not going to end well.....so he bailed out.

I don't see how machismo is used to justify QUITTING.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.
    Thank you for your contribution, I really appreciate it and I will frame it on my wall.
    I'm not going to bother with a comeback because I have seen your antics on other threads and I don't have the time for multiple replies.

Broner and Duran shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph, never mind sentence. I think I will stop posting on Broner threads because Manos de Piedra shouldn't be seen written anywhere near Adrien 'problem easily solved' Broner.

I'm glad you disagree, otherwise I'd be insulted if I shared a common opinion with you. I'm struggling to live with myself because of the fact that we agree Mayweather beats Pacquiao.
    Duran quit..
    Broner never has.

That is not a comparison,merely a fact.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duran has won titles at multiple weights and Broner will never achieve anywhere close to what Roberto has achieved in boxing, that is a fact too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.

Cool story..

Fair play,you're a sap! Ha. All he had to do eh? Easy by the sounds of it. And how is "I'm not condoning it, justifying anything?
    And like I said, he wouldn't have had to quit against Broner, FACT!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    He's just a clown.

Joke Calzhage can't carry the jock itch of many a fighter...but that trash is still called great,so don't get all offended by Broner and Duran mentioned together.

I'm sure Duran has driven drunk before...and lots of other shit far worse.

Duran is not the subject you should use while comdeming the behavior of anybody,much less Broner.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.
    Did someone just try to make a comparison between Broner and Duran!!!!! ν ½νΈ‚ν ½νΈ‚ν ½νΈ‚ν ½νΈ‚ν ½νΈ‚

Cool story..

Fair play,you're a sap! Ha. All he had to do eh? Easy by the sounds of it. And how is "I'm not condoning it, justifying anything?
    And like I said, he wouldn't have had to quit against Broner, FACT!
    He didn't have to quit against Ray....but he did...now that is what you call a FACT.
    Last edited by corvette; 04-19-2015 at 02:49 AM.

Thread Information