Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    He's just a clown.
    At least he's not a quitter...like Manos de no mas.
    Did someone just try to make a comparison between Broner and Duran!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂
    Not a comparison just a fact.

Broner has no quit in him....unlike Duran.
    Admittedly one thing Broner showed against Maidana was courage, but it was Maidana, not Sugar Ray Leonard. If Duran was getting the shit beat out of him , he wouldn't have quit. He may have got KO'd, but he wouldn't have quit. Duran quit because his pride and Machismo couldn't accept getting embarrassed like that, I'm not condoning it, just pointing out that Duran was tough , and levels above Broner.
    To sum it up , Duran wouldn't have had to quit against Broner.
    I think quiting is more embarrassing that getting out boxed. He was a great talent but goes way down in my estimation after that.
    I think he gets fair criticism for that by some for that moment in time but to others its over the top. And lets be clear right from the start, Broner could not carry Duran's jock itch. At 135 or any other weight and based on what Broner has done so far he will most likely go done in boxing history as an ink blot.He indeed had me fooled. And sure its pretty embarrassing for Duran to quit but at least he didn't put innocent people at risk by driving shit faced. In addition, anyone (not pointing the finger at you) who concludes on Duran's career as a complete work based on that one episode is a pin head of the highest order. Sadly the same thing would have happened to Floyd had he not fought Manny.
    His domination of the sport for 15 years would be a footnote in the minds of many people.
    Well it's not really fair to compare broner to Duran cause no one knows what broner might or might not go on to achieve in his career. Also I'm not interested in what any boxer does outside the ring but wasn't Duran famous for knocking out a horse and a woman with 1 punch both are pretty sickening if true. The problem for me with Duran quiting is because he was looked at as the toughest most macho boxer about and let's not beat about the bush boxing is a sport that you just don't quit in. That's my opinion on him, that one moment is what i will always remember him for and its a shame because he was a phenomenal fighter.
    Best post of the entire thread.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Good old Adrien Broner

Well it's not really fair to compare broner to Duran cause no one knows what broner might or might not go on to achieve in his career. Also I'm not interested in what any boxer does outside the ring but wasn't Duran famous for knocking out a horse and a woman with 1 punch both are pretty sickening if true. The problem for me with Duran quiting is because he was looked at as the toughest most macho boxer about and let's not beat about the bush boxing is a sport that you just don't quit in. That's my opinion on him, that one moment is what i will always remember him for and its a shame because he was a phenomenal fighter.
    You are right its not fair to compare so why the need to even bring Duran up? Is it because someone has a handle with reference to Duran? So what? Duran did quit and has been shit on for 30 years over it. We are now talking about a different guy. A drunk behind the wheel and a video. This isn't about Ketchels bad ass ways or Monzon throwing his wife off a balcony. This is about Adrien Broner period.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

You are right its not fair to compare so why the need to even bring Duran up? Is it because someone has a handle with reference to Duran? So what? Duran did quit and has been shit on for 30 years over it. We are now talking about a different guy. A drunk behind the wheel and a video. This isn't about Ketchels bad ass ways or Monzon throwing his wife off a balcony. This is about Adrien Broner period.
    Well when I came into the thread it had already got to Duran quiting so I just added my opinion that's all. Duran has been rightly so shit on for 30 years and no one should ever forget the cowardly act he did, if I was his promoter he would not of got payed a penny for that fight and I'm sure I remember reading his trainer was so disgusted with him he refused to ever work with Duran again.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was lit but actually kept his head. Once he turned pouty sap in the back of the car the Cop started talking to him like a toddler. Honestly surprised he didn't go more into detail instead of "I'm a fighter". Expected him to pull out one of Mayweathers T shirts and wave it around. He's lucky though, she was talking him up into an arrest before he even completed the first walk on line.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.
    Thank you for your contribution, I really appreciate it and I will frame it on my wall.
    I'm not going to bother with a comeback because I have seen your antics on other threads and I don't have the time for multiple replies.

Broner and Duran shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph, never mind sentence. I think I will stop posting on Broner threads because Manos de Piedra shouldn't be seen written anywhere near Adrien 'problem easily solved' Broner.

I'm glad you disagree, otherwise I'd be insulted if I shared a common opinion with you. I'm struggling to live with myself because of the fact that we agree Mayweather beats Pacquiao.
    Duran quit..
    Broner never has.

That is not a comparison,merely a fact.
    Come on man. Duran went to war with hall of famers. Broner just brown noses one up to this point.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    He's just a clown.
    Thank you for your contribution, I really appreciate it and I will frame it on my wall.
    I'm not going to bother with a comeback because I have seen your antics on other threads and I don't have the time for multiple replies.

Broner and Duran shouldn't be mentioned in the same paragraph, never mind sentence. I think I will stop posting on Broner threads because Manos de Piedra shouldn't be seen written anywhere near Adrien 'problem easily solved' Broner.

I'm glad you disagree, otherwise I'd be insulted if I shared a common opinion with you. I'm struggling to live with myself because of the fact that we agree Mayweather beats Pacquiao.
    Duran quit..
    Broner never has.

Come on man. Duran went to war with hall of famers. Broner just brown noses one up to this point.
    Broner has shown more balls than lots of today's fighters that have you to display a single testical.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.

Duran quit..
    Broner never has.

Broner has shown more balls than lots of today's fighters that have you to display a single testical.
    Thats true yeh. No one is saying Broner didn't show two testicals in the Maidana fight. He hung in tuff, as he did when he was being rocked and hit clean by late sub Quintero in bad decision. But how that translates into a Duran comparison or the slighting of a legend is baffling. That's called losing the plot .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.

Duran quit..
    Broner never has.

Thats true yeh. No one is saying Broner didn't show two testicals in the Maidana fight. He hung in tuff, as he did when he was being rocked and hit clean by late sub Quintero in bad decision. But how that translates into a Duran comparison or the slighting of a legend is baffling. That's called losing the plot .
    Nobody compared him to Duran...

Rocked by Quintero....cool story hater...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.
    Gotta love fanboy logic

Well at least you have this comparison to justify your ill-founded love for Broner.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's just a clown.

Duran quit..
    Broner never has.

I think there is a clear distinction between the levels of competition both fought/have fought against.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    He's just a clown.

Duran quit..
    Broner never has.

I think there is a clear distinction between the levels of competition both fought/have fought against.
    So who are all these great names Duran beat in his 1st 7 years as a pro ? If you are going to compare the two then you have to be fair broner has only been a pro for 7 years, and NO one can say what he might or might not go on to do, he might just end up being an ATG I'm not saying he will but you don't know.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@g3org3 come on mate you are a normal rational poster but Duran was undisputed lightweight champion and one the greatset ever at the weight. Anything achieved after that was a bonus and showed what a great man he was.

Broner is struggling with life outside the ring never mind the discipline anything to achieve in the ring.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    @g3org3 come on mate you are a normal rational poster but Duran was undisputed lightweight champion and one the greatset ever at the weight. Anything achieved after that was a bonus and showed what a great man he was.

Broner is struggling with life outside the ring never mind the discipline anything to achieve in the ring.
    I'm not saying Duran wasn't a great fighter he was but he didnt do anything that special in the 1st 7 years so not sure why ppl are giving broner such a hard time I agree broner is a wanker outside of the ring but I personally don't care was they do outside the ring, I just want to see them fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duran struggled with life outside the ring as well...he also had severe discipline issues.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not saying Duran wasn't a great fighter he was but he didnt do anything that special in the 1st 7 years so not sure why ppl are giving broner such a hard time I agree broner is a wanker outside of the ring but I personally don't care was they do outside the ring, I just want to see them fight.
    What this guy said.

Thread Information