Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Classless crowd cheering for a classless fighter

I'm gonna get a clip of Chavez Jr. dumped on his ass, and use it as a screensaver on my computer.

Can you believe the events after the fight?? First you got the obviously partisan crowd pelting the ring with bottles after the fight was stopped. Yeah...... on advice from the corner. Chavez Jr. quit on his stool. Yep. Well...... there goes one myth right there. Then the crowd pelts the ring. Real classy crowd there.

Then comes the interview with Chavez Junior. Wait a minute.... did he say he was winning the fight up until the stoppage?? Shit..... The knockdown must scrambled Junior's brain worse than anybody thought. Although, who's to say? Shit crowd, one of the judges I'm pretty sure had it for Chavez..... he may even be right.

Then he complains about Fonfara being too heavy. Really??!?? This gets better by the minute. Think of the irony. Julio Cesar Chavez Junior is accusing the opponent of being too heavy. I'll just let that sink in for a little bit. Yeah, Junior. For the first time in your career, you don't outweigh your opponent by 30 pounds on fight night. What a moron.

Not to mention the fact that Junior must have complained to the ref about 47 times in the first 4 or 5 rounds. What a whiner!! Then he comes in with his head low, looking to headbutt Fonfara. There's just no ending to the list of things one can derive from this fight.

But no matter. Fonfara made it academic. The sight of Junior been knocked on his ass is one of the sweetest sights I've ever seen in boxing. Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad I TVO'ed this fight!!!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're enjoying this aren't you? Lol

Where is VD?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Classless crowd cheering for a classless fighter

Trying to sleep with the covers pulled over his head.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just rewatched the coverage of Junior's corner after the end of the round.
    There's only one way to describe it....................

He quit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with your entire post. Another classic thing that he said was that he wanted a rematch but fonfara needs to come down to 170 next time. Haha. He already fought at a catch weight but now he wants to put fonfara to come down even further.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez Jr is a very good fighter , but he has been allowed to manipulate bouts due to his famous father.
    I am no fan of his , however he just lost a fight to a bigger better fighter.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm gonna get a clip of Chavez Jr. dumped on his ass, and use it as a screensaver on my computer.

Can you believe the events after the fight?? First you got the obviously partisan crowd pelting the ring with bottles after the fight was stopped. Yeah...... on advice from the corner. Chavez Jr. quit on his stool. Yep. Well...... there goes one myth right there. Then the crowd pelts the ring. Real classy crowd there.

Then comes the interview with Chavez Junior. Wait a minute.... did he say he was winning the fight up until the stoppage?? Shit..... The knockdown must scrambled Junior's brain worse than anybody thought. Although, who's to say? Shit crowd, one of the judges I'm pretty sure had it for Chavez..... he may even be right.

Then he complains about Fonfara being too heavy. Really??!?? This gets better by the minute. Think of the irony. Julio Cesar Chavez Junior is accusing the opponent of being too heavy. I'll just let that sink in for a little bit. Yeah, Junior. For the first time in your career, you don't outweigh your opponent by 30 pounds on fight night. What a moron.

Not to mention the fact that Junior must have complained to the ref about 47 times in the first 4 or 5 rounds. What a whiner!! Then he comes in with his head low, looking to headbutt Fonfara. There's just no ending to the list of things one can derive from this fight.

But no matter. Fonfara made it academic. The sight of Junior been knocked on his ass is one of the sweetest sights I've ever seen in boxing. Yesssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad I TVO'ed this fight!!!!!

Haha! Can't agree more. One of the better nights of boxing for me. Can't wait to watch it on replay. Still remember the fight in Mexico with Vanda where the crowd were throwing coins and plastic water bottles in the ring after the end of the fight. This seems like vindication for me.
    Last edited by arcanum26; 04-19-2015 at 01:05 PM. Reason: addendum

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch will still try to convince everybody that this is a fight worth making between him and Chavez. Vegas? Better off on Blackpool pier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm seriously considering at the 6th round when chavez jr was exposing his chin with his hands down to fonfara that he wanted to get ktfo. Seriously, he had no defense, he was getting hit with bombs and for him to be doing that continuously makes me think he wanted to end it that night on his shield. Still, he's a punk and I'm glad he lost. The post fight antic was just what I expected. So much for Jr.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The gamble did not pay off for Jr,! Froch must be crying in his corn flakes a pretty easy
    fight and a good pay day down the pan.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez exposed for what he is. Take away his size and weight advantage he is nothing. Even with the advantage hes nothing special. No doubt hes southing his wounds with cheeseburgers and milkshakes. Doubt hell be back again unless he wants a go at heavyweight . Go the same way Prince went

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Junior should retire he has no business in the ring. The lack of talent and desire couple with the manipulation by the alphabet boys was bringing the game into disrepute.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Just rewatched the coverage of Junior's corner after the end of the round.
    There's only one way to describe it....................

He quit
    He quit just like his dad....like father like son.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JR shouldn't have taken this fight. He look like he was mimicking Sergio Martinez with his hands down minus footwork and speed.

I'm not sure what the hate is about on Jr. After the knockdown he still fought back and showed heart. Sometimes even fighters hit that wall and turn them to what average joes believe as quitting. Easy said from their couches. Jr clouded mind by pride made himself look bad in the interview, but I think he still showed that dog in him throughout the fight. Obviously he is a limited fighter but ofcourse his name takes him further than what his skills may have. The fucker still goes home to premium pussy though

Fonfara is underrated. A rematch with Stevenson would be nice, didn't he drop Stevenson?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sunday morning replay on Showtime. Missed the start last night. Chavez had no idea what to do in there, completely outclassed. Whining, flinching and laying in like a tough man competition. This beating was a long time coming.

Thread Information