Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'm pleased for Paul Smith that he's got this payday, and I think it'll be his last fight. As for Ward, ok he's been out the ring a long time, don't take too big a risk, but why did he talk about GGG and Froch, and why is the Smith fight not for the title? It's not the governing body's fault he's been out of the ring so long, and it's not the Fan's fault either.
    And the new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why not talk about GG and Froch.

I thought the Smith fight was for the title.
    Because GGG and Froch haven't been calling each other out, with Froch actually saying it's not realistic. Keep up Corvette, I've told you all this before!
    I read that when the fight was made, it wouldn't be for the title, that might've changed , it hardly matters.
    My point is, that Ward is a great Boxer, and no doubt he would beat GGG and Froch pretty handily when he's anywhere near the top of his game.
    However, if you think you need a tune up fight after so long out of the ring , fine, but don't go bullshitting and calling people out if you have no intention of following through.
    Also , as much as I like Ward as a Boxer, I think that he isn't as clever as he thinks he is and has tried to dictate to promoters etc. and consequently fucked up the best earning years of his career. If he was in a shit contract with Goosen, get through it , don't re-sign and learn from it when negotiating his next one. A perfect example that he should've taken was Floyd. He wasn't happy with Bob Arum, he bought himself out of the contract, took the hit, and has moved forward and never looked back since. That's how you do it, now he is in total control.
    He needs to talk less , get back between the ropes REGULARLY and do what he does best, and that is hand out boxing lessons.
    It wasn't the contract that was the problem. He received a signing bonus not from Goosen. Goosen promised to pay the man back that fronted the signing bonus but did not. Andre just wanted a man owed money to get what was coming to him.

Froch isn't available yet and GGG is looking for paydays, he says he still wants to move up to 168 for Chavez even after the loss. But when it comes to Ward GGG is too busy cleaning out MW. The writing is on the wall with that potential fight. That's right, right after Chavez got destroyed GGG said he still wants to fight Chavez. Sad really but I suppose it isn't about good fights at all just $$$$$
    Well that's all very noble of Ward , and I have heard something about that in the past, but he's dpiping his toes into shit he doesn't know about, and he needs to concentrate on his boxing. if his case was strong , it wouldn't have gone on for so long.
    regarding GGG and Chavez, I haven't seen anything anywhere about GGG saying that, and admittedly I'm not privy to everything that happens in the states, but I would be interested to see a link relating to that.
    Strong cases drag out all the time in the real world.

GGG has had promotional issues himself...that's part of the reason he's the oldest prospect on earth.

Dude is still trying to fight Chavez Jr at 168.....hahahahaha
    Link??
    and then , when I've seen the link, we'll discuss who you think would win if Chavez fought Paul Smith? "hahahahahahahaha" smh.
    To answer your questi Jr would whip everybody on lil GG's resume....
    Yet again, that doesn't really answer the question, you're good at that , well done.
    but going on from that, if Chavez "would whip everybody on lil GG's resume," then surely by your way of thinking (Warped!), it wouldn't be a bad fight for him?
    wait...........what's that noise? oh it's the sound of you shooting yourself in the foot!!!
    Smith would be a good fight for Chavez Jr coming of a KO loss.

He's a tune-up level guy....just like those guys on Golovkin's resume.
    You've gone off on a big tangent there Numb nuts! is Smith a good fight for your superhero, bearing in mind he said he wouldn't need a tune up, he could straight in with one of the top guys!
    I'll Spell it out cos I know you struggle:
    if Chavez is better than Smith, then GGG is trying to line up better opponents than your mate Ward. Does that Mean GGG has more Balls than Ward? Does it Mean Ward doubts his ability? Because Ward called out Froch and GGG , and is now fighting Paul Smith, does that mean Ward is Scared?

in my world , the answers are all NO, but by your way of thinking it's a different story.
    Still waiting for the Link from about 10 posts ago btw .
    Now you'll probably go all silent on me until another thread comes up you can troll.
    Well we both know GGG doesn't have more balls than Ward...that we already know.

Sure Ward said he doesn't need a tuneup...but he does..that tuneup...Smith...is right on the level of lil GG's opponents.

GGG stands for Got Girly Gonads
    Well according to you, the guy GGG Wants to fight is way above the level of Smith.
    Where's that link btw.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Ward - Paul Smith Set for June 20th

There is no link.

Also stop replying with quote!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if GGG said he still wants to fight Chavez after Fonfara, somewhere in this World there must be a link.
    Not calling anyone a liar or anything.😜
    Sorry about the quotes.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'm pleased for Paul Smith that he's got this payday, and I think it'll be his last fight. As for Ward, ok he's been out the ring a long time, don't take too big a risk, but why did he talk about GGG and Froch, and why is the Smith fight not for the title? It's not the governing body's fault he's been out of the ring so long, and it's not the Fan's fault either.
    And the new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why not talk about GG and Froch.

I thought the Smith fight was for the title.
    Because GGG and Froch haven't been calling each other out, with Froch actually saying it's not realistic. Keep up Corvette, I've told you all this before!
    I read that when the fight was made, it wouldn't be for the title, that might've changed , it hardly matters.
    My point is, that Ward is a great Boxer, and no doubt he would beat GGG and Froch pretty handily when he's anywhere near the top of his game.
    However, if you think you need a tune up fight after so long out of the ring , fine, but don't go bullshitting and calling people out if you have no intention of following through.
    Also , as much as I like Ward as a Boxer, I think that he isn't as clever as he thinks he is and has tried to dictate to promoters etc. and consequently fucked up the best earning years of his career. If he was in a shit contract with Goosen, get through it , don't re-sign and learn from it when negotiating his next one. A perfect example that he should've taken was Floyd. He wasn't happy with Bob Arum, he bought himself out of the contract, took the hit, and has moved forward and never looked back since. That's how you do it, now he is in total control.
    He needs to talk less , get back between the ropes REGULARLY and do what he does best, and that is hand out boxing lessons.
    It wasn't the contract that was the problem. He received a signing bonus not from Goosen. Goosen promised to pay the man back that fronted the signing bonus but did not. Andre just wanted a man owed money to get what was coming to him.

Froch isn't available yet and GGG is looking for paydays, he says he still wants to move up to 168 for Chavez even after the loss. But when it comes to Ward GGG is too busy cleaning out MW. The writing is on the wall with that potential fight. That's right, right after Chavez got destroyed GGG said he still wants to fight Chavez. Sad really but I suppose it isn't about good fights at all just $$$$$
    Well that's all very noble of Ward , and I have heard something about that in the past, but he's dpiping his toes into shit he doesn't know about, and he needs to concentrate on his boxing. if his case was strong , it wouldn't have gone on for so long.
    regarding GGG and Chavez, I haven't seen anything anywhere about GGG saying that, and admittedly I'm not privy to everything that happens in the states, but I would be interested to see a link relating to that.
    Strong cases drag out all the time in the real world.

GGG has had promotional issues himself...that's part of the reason he's the oldest prospect on earth.

Dude is still trying to fight Chavez Jr at 168.....hahahahaha
    Link??
    and then , when I've seen the link, we'll discuss who you think would win if Chavez fought Paul Smith? "hahahahahahahaha" smh.
    To answer your questi Jr would whip everybody on lil GG's resume....
    Yet again, that doesn't really answer the question, you're good at that , well done.
    but going on from that, if Chavez "would whip everybody on lil GG's resume," then surely by your way of thinking (Warped!), it wouldn't be a bad fight for him?
    wait...........what's that noise? oh it's the sound of you shooting yourself in the foot!!!
    Smith would be a good fight for Chavez Jr coming of a KO loss.

He's a tune-up level guy....just like those guys on Golovkin's resume.
    You've gone off on a big tangent there Numb nuts! is Smith a good fight for your superhero, bearing in mind he said he wouldn't need a tune up, he could straight in with one of the top guys!
    I'll Spell it out cos I know you struggle:
    if Chavez is better than Smith, then GGG is trying to line up better opponents than your mate Ward. Does that Mean GGG has more Balls than Ward? Does it Mean Ward doubts his ability? Because Ward called out Froch and GGG , and is now fighting Paul Smith, does that mean Ward is Scared?

in my world , the answers are all NO, but by your way of thinking it's a different story.
    Still waiting for the Link from about 10 posts ago btw .
    Now you'll probably go all silent on me until another thread comes up you can troll.
    Well we both know GGG doesn't have more balls than Ward...that we already know.

Sure Ward said he doesn't need a tuneup...but he does..that tuneup...Smith...is right on the level of lil GG's opponents.

GGG stands for Got Girly Gonads
    Well according to you, the guy GGG Wants to fight is way above the level of Smith.
    Where's that link btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    There is no link.

Also stop replying with quote!
    Well if GGG said he still wants to fight Chavez after Fonfara, somewhere in this World there must be a link.
    Not calling anyone a liar or anything.😜
    Sorry about the quotes.
    I have not seen that link anywhere either

and yeah can you stop with the quotes please
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a welcome back fight for the SOG and ward will destroy him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is at a 172 pound catchweight
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Really? f that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just about to say that but it took 20 minutes to scroll the page.

How can anyone defend this guy? He leaves on a catchweight fight against a no hoper and sits out 2 years on a bogus claim against a promoter that got him everything he wanted when the real reason he sat out was because he ran out of opponents at 68 cause it was soft and going through a transition. So instead of moving up to a much hotter division (like he said he may have to after the S6), him and a few friends and family had a game of scrabble and came up with excuse to go on strike.

Now that the world has forgotten a man they didn't know to begin with, his big splash after sitting out and signing with JayZ is to fight another extreme long shot and at the same catch that he went out on.
    Its a shame that the word empirical did not come out in that scrabble game. Its also a shame to see the oldest Organization in the business make a mockery of itself. They need to take their tin off the slate or start selling them at Walmart.

Smith was actually an acceptable return fight in my eyes but this just dumps all over it.

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Really? f that.
    Smith does not seem to be a big guy. If you can be pushed around by Abraham you are not big at the weight. Really Andre?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Corvette, you couldn't prove you weren't bullshitting by providing a link, so I'm gonna provide 2 links to prove you were bullshitting!
    Chavez Jr. No Longer a Top Option for Team Golovkin - Boxing News
    Golovkin Still Open to Mayweather, Froch and Ward - Boxing News
    Game , set and match my furry friend. Now who you gonna talk crap about?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a catchweight This is just becoming embarrassing. Guys don't "move up" now. Its almost like they do it in half measures or half ass. Garcia, Cotto, Ward ......, ........, what a joke.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

I was just about to say that but it took 20 minutes to scroll the page.

How can anyone defend this guy? He leaves on a catchweight fight against a no hoper and sits out 2 years on a bogus claim against a promoter that got him everything he wanted when the real reason he sat out was because he ran out of opponents at 68 cause it was soft and going through a transition. So instead of moving up to a much hotter division (like he said he may have to after the S6), him and a few friends and family had a game of scrabble and came up with excuse to go on strike.

Now that the world has forgotten a man they didn't know to begin with, his big splash after sitting out and signing with JayZ is to fight another extreme long shot and at the same catch that he went out on.
    Its a shame that the word empirical did not come out in that scrabble game. Its also a shame to see the oldest Organization in the business make a mockery of itself. They need to take their tin off the slate or start selling them at Walmart.

Smith was actually an acceptable return fight in my eyes but this just dumps all over it.
    Hmm, not sure if people dont realise because no one seems to really be bothered by what Ward does because hes so dull but he did have a fight since the Dawson fight.

Thread Information