Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins between Floyd and Manny?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who WILL win between Manny and Floyd?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who WILL win between Manny and Floyd?

This thread is the other side to Miles' thread on who do you want to win between Manny and Floyd. The Heart and Brain don't always agree. Here, it is about who will win between Manny and Floyd, and how will he do it. Go on the record with your pick.

As for me, I WANT Manny to win, but give Floyd the edge to come out on top. Floyd hasn't knocked anyone out cleanly since Hatton in 2007; Manny hasn't knocked anyone out since Cotto in 2009. Logic says this fight goes the distance.

Floyd looked vulnerable against Maidana one fight ago; Manny was stopped by Marquez a few fights ago. Floyd takes a little while to figure out southpaws; Manny's kryptonite appears to be defense-first boxers. Floyd hasn't faced a fighter with faster hands since Zab; Manny hasn't faced one since Bradley. Floyd is bigger; Manny is faster. Floyd has never been down from a punch; Manny was knocked out by Marquez. Floyd can grapple and in-fight; Manny can't (or I haven't seen him do it). Floyd is closer to his prime; we've seen more slippage from Manny.

The judges are pretty fair all around, although Burt Clements somehow found a way to give Floyd 9 rounds in the first Maidana fight, where the other judges had it a draw and 8-4. Kenny Bayless is a Floyd referee. MGM is Floyd's arena. Vegas is Floyd's city.

Odd that there is no rematch clause. If the fight is close, it seems logical to do it again. Also, it seems this fight was foisted on Floyd while Manny wanted it, for whatever that's worth.

I'm certain I missed a few things. Please add them.

At the end of the day, five things stand out to me: (1) Floyd hasn't been in with a fast, volume southpaw in as far as I can remember; (2) Manny has difficulty with defensive fighters; (3) Floyd seems to have a very high boxing IQ and can adjust to an opponent, whereas I haven't seen the same level of adjustment from Manny; (4) Floyd can make use of the grappling/in-fighting technique and Manny can't; and (5) the intangibles, like the location and referee, favor Floyd.

So, with that said, I favor Floyd Mayweather to prevail by decision. I'm tempted to say he frustrates Manny into making a mistake and ends the fight before the final bell, but he hasn't stopped anyone in so long, I can't pull the trigger on that pick. The X-factor here is that Floyd hasn't seen speed in a very long time. Who was the last quick fighter he's faced? And everyone who gets in the ring with Manny says he presents a problem they haven't seen. Still, I lean Floyd.

By the way, like I've said before, I can't wait to have this fight done with, so the hardcore fans can start talking about different boxers, although I'm super excited about it nonetheless. These are two modern day great fighters facing each other. It doesn't happen often. Let's enjoy.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 04-28-2015 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who WILL win between Manny and Floyd?

Floyd will win by a decision. I hate even writing it on here.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd wins a comfortable UD but it will be closer on the cards so they can have something to hype for a rematch.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree, agree, and agree.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like most, i think Floyd wins, but unlike most, i think this would be more of a shutout than the Canelo fight.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm picking Floyd by KO. Pac's not on the juice anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive always backed up floyd. But i do think styles make fights and i do believe this is like the perfect style to beat mayweather (other then outboxing him). I have manny winning by KO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it'll be interesting early then Floyd will take over after 5 or 6 rounds
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    I'm picking Floyd by KO. Pac's not on the juice anymore.
    And Floyd is working with the guy who allegedly gave it to Pacquiao so I see your call.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Floyd will win by a decision. I hate even writing it on here.
    Ditto, but I give Pacquaio a great chance of scoring the upset.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is going to win this on competitive points decision. There will be close action in a lot of rounds but flood always figures out a way to win and I don't see this fight being any different. Manny might be quick but so is floyd. If manny is bursting in with speed , he's going to get his ass countered all night.

I'm expecting an outstanding fight though and it won't be a walk in the park for floyd. However he will be up for this like no other, so I don't even take the first maidana fight into consideration. Fights like this will bring the best out of floyd and I am expecting an absolute clinic in terms of high level boxing from both parties in this fight. Not expecting a total war because that's not how floyd rolls. I'm expecting technical boxing at its finest, with two of the best fighters giving it their all to win. This will make it a very interesting fight and I am extremely excited for it now.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

floyds the biggest type of penis there is

youd be daft to back against him tho unfortunately
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is gonna be a war and I def don't see Floyd being able to control Manny all the way through, Pac will just keep coming and coming.

This has got draw/rematch written all over it 😉

If it isn't then it's Pac by Stoppage early 4/5/6 or Floyd grinds out a very narrow points win.

Floods stamina (or lack of it) could be a huge factor 😉

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll go for Pac winning by KO at around the 10th. I think speed factor will play a big role here. Boxing fans will be in for a big surprise in this fight and I'm not even talking about the KD's or the KO's here. Style makes fight, babes, don't forget that. Even on decision, I'd say Pac wins... Me against all the experts and the greats, I must be crazy, right?
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I think this is gonna be a war and I def don't see Floyd being able to control Manny all the way through, Pac will just keep coming and coming.

This has got draw/rematch written all over it 😉

If it isn't then it's Pac by Stoppage early 4/5/6 or Floyd grinds out a very narrow points win.

Floods stamina (or lack of it) could be a huge factor 😉
    I don't think it will. He has never shown that he has a lack of it.
    He's widely recognised as the hardest worker there is so I doubt stamina will be a problem for either guy. If stamina is a problem it will be for Pac after he get hit by Floyd's underrated body shots.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Thread Information