Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I'm actually excited about boxing for the first time in a long time!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'm actually excited about boxing for the first time in a long time!!!

Allo folks!

I'm actually going to get up and watch a fight live for the first time since Calzaghe vs Hopkins
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm actually excited about boxing for the first time in a long time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Allo folks!

I'm actually going to get up and watch a fight live for the first time since Calzaghe vs Hopkins
    Hello Knob head.

I know what you mean. I, like you, also can't wait for Ishe Smith V Cecil McCalla. The Big One.

I reckon I'll just stay up though rather than getting up. Old timer.
    Last edited by ryanman; 04-30-2015 at 12:05 AM.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm actually excited about boxing for the first time in a long time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Allo folks!

Hello Knob head.

I know what you mean. I can't wait for Ishe Smith V Cecil McCalla either. The Big One.

Staying up is unthinkable for me these days. I am fucking old!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allo folks!

I hear you, sir! I find myself less irritated at the news on TV and getting up earlier. Hell, I'm starting to believe that Otley might be in Vegas introducing Elvis to the ladies. Lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    Allo folks!

Hello Knob head.

I know what you mean. I can't wait for Ishe Smith V Cecil McCalla either. The Big One.

Staying up is unthinkable for me these days. I am fucking old!
    yea but shouldn't getting up at 5:00 am be pretty natural?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Allo folks!

Who are you ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to see you posting sir, I hear ya but still hate the fact that there is no undercard, seems crazy for this event. Lomanchenko and Santa Cruz appear to be in gimme fights, which could easily end up being a waste of time. It would have been perfect had they just delayed the card a couple weeks back and had it share this bill. Matthysse vs Provo and Crawford vs Dulorme I'm talking, weren't those both Golden boy vs Top rank matchups anyways? Madness that with so many guaranteed new and casual viewers, there isn't one guaranteed action fight on this card.

El Kabong Guest

And you are?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Good to see you posting sir, I hear ya but still hate the fact that there is no undercard, seems crazy for this event. Lomanchenko and Santa Cruz appear to be in gimme fights, which could easily end up being a waste of time. It would have been perfect had they just delayed the card a couple weeks back and had it share this bill. Matthysse vs Provo and Crawford vs Dulorme I'm talking, weren't those both Golden boy vs Top rank matchups anyways? Madness that with so many guaranteed new and casual viewers, there isn't one guaranteed action fight on this card.
    Yes, I like Santa Cruz and Lomenchenko but these fights are nothing special. You are correct, this fight should be top notch and its more like the undercards are an afterthought. In the bleached report updates I'm receiving via email three times a day lately there was one article alluded to the fact that there is already concern the ppv numbers aren't going to be what was anticipated. Perhaps the high price and the poor undercards are part of that equation, of course we won't know the ppv tally until the fat lady sings but there must be a reason for some parties to be concerned.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, just think it's a bit shortsighted. MAybe Arum is largely to blame, already having one foot in the grave, who knows. I don't doubt the undercard wouldn't impact how many people buy this PPV, but in the end game if every fight underwhelms, how many people won't even consider buying another?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Yep, just think it's a bit shortsighted. MAybe Arum is largely to blame, already having one foot in the grave, who knows. I don't doubt the undercard wouldn't impact how many people buy this PPV, but in the end game if every fight underwhelms, how many people won't even consider buying another?
    Good point, we are shelling out big bucks for this fight. If it turns out to be a stinker, which I don't think it will be but it is possible, there will be a lot of losses off people. To bad it's not Santa Cruz and Mares.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If ever there was an "event" to get up for, its this one. The ticket price is a shame as is the lack of full package but everyone and their momma is asking me about this one from day to day. So rest up, put in your teeth and enjoy the show!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight will be an anti climax. Manny is gun shy and will not pull the trigger.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information