Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mayweather taking the same drug tests as pac?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: mayweather taking the same drug tests as pac?

Dude your going through a lot of effort to defend Floyd's use of pain medication. I only pointed out that contrary to what others believe, that pain medication is in fact performance enhancing. I also pointed out he has used it, as HBO televised and that it's not on the prohibited list in nevada. This may or may not be current, I haven't checked. If he has used it in all his fight and is using it, I don't care.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Painkillers are a banned substance, but they are banned to protect the athlete using them because there is a serious risk of the athlete competing well above their threshold and causing serious injury to themselves. The biggest risk for a guy getting a hand injection is that if he suffers a hand injury, he'll be blissfully unaware and continue to punch hard with it, worsening the injury. And Floyd only fights in Nevada where it's legal, so he isn't breaking the rules.

So if you want to attack LEGAL "performance enhancers", why not shit on a guy for drinking protein shakes? Or taking vitamin supplements? Those are performance enhancers too.

I had to laugh at the Pac Tards all these years saying "how can Mayweather talk about Pac using steroids when he uses hand injections", like those two things are in the same fucking discussion...
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Pain medication is not a performance enhancer lol.
    Isn't it? I would imagine in many instances it is and either way a pain killer is rather different to Vitamin C. Floyd numbs his hands as he cannot take the pain of natural hands. It is a performance enhancer.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Isn't it? I would imagine in many instances it is and either way a pain killer is rather different to Vitamin C. Floyd numbs his hands as he cannot take the pain of natural hands. It is a performance enhancer.
    Ok well like I said above, let's cut the semantics and call it a performance enhancer. It's still a LEGAL, UNBANNED substance. So how is it any different than taking a vitamin supplement or a protein shake? I don't understand why we're even having the conversation. It's not unbalancing the playing field: Floyd's opponents could have shot up their hands as well. If it's not against the rules, who cares?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Legal or illegal, so what? Cocaine is illegal, but Novacaine will be injected by a dentist. The difference is arbitrary. If a drug allows you to do something you otherwise couldn't do so effectively, then it has to be performance enhancing. What am I missing? Shouldn't drugs be banned from sports full stop if they affect performance? Floyd is a known user of performance enhancing drugs. It is what it is and there seems to be more evidence of that than what there is against Manny. I don't really care either way really, but Floyd isn't squeaky clean.

Washy terms like illegal and legal don't really make it okay to a rational person who wants to see a level playing field in boxing. Why should an opponent be allowed to take performance enhancing drugs? If he isn't able to cut it at the top, then he should find another day job. What next, legless boxers with robotic legs? After all, they should be allowed to compete like anyone else. I'm not convinced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This proves you've never participated in any sport or any physical activity.

Fighters would rather feel the pain in their hands than nothing at all...that way they can tell if they damaged them....DUMMY

If a fighters hand is injured or broken..... HE WANTS TO KNOW IT.... right then and there...not until the gloves are taken off to reveal a career ending injury,like a bone sticking through his skin.

Wouldn't YOU want to know if you've wrecked your hands during a fight...or would you want them numbed so you can continue to ruin them

Don't be a dumb little faggot all your sorry life.

Anyway,

It is illegal to use Xylocain before a fight.

If it were an enhancer you best believe Pactrash would use it 24/7.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok well like I said above, let's cut the semantics and call it a performance enhancer. It's still a LEGAL, UNBANNED substance. So how is it any different than taking a vitamin supplement or a protein shake? I don't understand why we're even having the conversation. It's not unbalancing the playing field: Floyd's opponents could have shot up their hands as well. If it's not against the rules, who cares?
    you can't use xylocain before a fight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post

Fighters would rather feel the pain in their hands than nothing at all...that way they can tell if they damaged them....DUMMY

If a fighters hand is injured or broken..... HE WANTS TO KNOW IT.... right then and there...not until the gloves are taken off to reveal a career ending injury,like a bone sticking through his skin.

Wouldn't YOU want to know if you've wrecked your hands during a fight...or would you want them numbed so you can continue to ruin them

Anyway,

You need to go back to troll school , because your failing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post

Anyway,

You need to go back to troll school , because your failing.
    You're an expert on failing..it's your heritage.

Now prove what I said was wrong.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude, if you want a bitch off then let's do it, but you keep that talk off of the main boards and have a little respect for this forum we call home. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why does Floyd use it though? Or used it. I'm not sure if he ever did or didn't but I ask only because I want to know why boxers use it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love how these Pactards admit they have no idea whether he has or hasn't or still does or used to or may have or maybe dreamed he had but still don't care to research it and still act like it's all FACT.

Stupid little muppet morons just like Pac himself! HaHAhaaa...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I love how these Pactards admit they have no idea whether he has or hasn't or still does or used to or may have or maybe dreamed he had but still don't care to research it and still act like it's all FACT.

It's an innocent question. I did some research. But most are just fans bashing each other and I do know it's not a banned substance. Are you in any way related to the Mayweather's? The classiness and all, makes me wonder.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy Re: mayweather taking the same drug tests as pac?

Quote Originally Posted by arcanum26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

It's an innocent question. I did some research. But most are just fans bashing each other and I do know it's not a banned substance. Are you in any way related to the Mayweather's? The classiness and all, makes me wonder.
    There is a new blanket rule that kinda of includes everything. I haven't verified but there is a specific list of what is allowed and the commission attempted to put this subject out of discussions but they actually just did political speak confirm in or denying nothing. They did increase the amount of thc fighters are allowed to have in their system. Fighters are suppose to sign a statement of what pain medication they are on and the ccommission say Floyd did that says he's not on any as of late. Don't have access to the link right now.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm bored of this thread
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information