Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: mayweather taking the same drug tests as pac?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: mayweather taking the same drug tests as pac?

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanum26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I love how these Pactards admit they have no idea whether he has or hasn't or still does or used to or may have or maybe dreamed he had but still don't care to research it and still act like it's all FACT.

Stupid little muppet morons just like Pac himself! HaHAhaaa...
    It's an innocent question. I did some research. But most are just fans bashing each other and I do know it's not a banned substance. Are you in any way related to the Mayweather's? The classiness and all, makes me wonder.
    There is a new blanket rule that kinda of includes everything. I haven't verified but there is a specific list of what is allowed and the commission attempted to put this subject out of discussions but they actually just did political speak confirm in or denying nothing. They did increase the amount of thc fighters are allowed to have in their system. Fighters are suppose to sign a statement of what pain medication they are on and the ccommission say Floyd did that says he's not on any as of late. Don't have access to the link right now.
    Thanks. That's the answer I was looking for. Can't believe some posters here have to resort to name calling like you pissed on their ancestors' gravestones or whatnot. Hell, I even picked Floyd to win the fight in the poll.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How I feel when face to face with a Pactard. It's always the same....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Legal or illegal, so what? Cocaine is illegal, but Novacaine will be injected by a dentist. The difference is arbitrary. If a drug allows you to do something you otherwise couldn't do so effectively, then it has to be performance enhancing. What am I missing? Shouldn't drugs be banned from sports full stop if they affect performance? Floyd is a known user of performance enhancing drugs. It is what it is and there seems to be more evidence of that than what there is against Manny. I don't really care either way really, but Floyd isn't squeaky clean.

Washy terms like illegal and legal don't really make it okay to a rational person who wants to see a level playing field in boxing. Why should an opponent be allowed to take performance enhancing drugs? If he isn't able to cut it at the top, then he should find another day job. What next, legless boxers with robotic legs? After all, they should be allowed to compete like anyone else. I'm not convinced.
    Legal or illegal so what? lol, that's the entire point! Legal = you're allowed to do it, illegal = you're not allowed and you're a cheater.

Drugs should be banned full stop? Okay, does that include medicine? If Floyd or Manny take an antibiotic to clear up an infection, is that not also a performance enhancer? So if one of them catches the flu, they shouldn't be allowed to take something for that so they can get back to training? You're being ridiculous. Bottom line, substances are either illegal or legal. If you're taking something that's perfectly legal, what's the problem? Your gripe isn't with Mayweather, it should be with the commission for allowing it.

Also, I have to laugh at anyone here who's talking about an "even playing field". There's no truly even playing field that exists in life and certainly not in sport: everyone is born with advantages and disadvantages. Klitschko was blessed to be 6'6'' and an athletic specimen: everything else equal, how is the playing field ever going to be even for him and, let's say, Andy Ruiz or Chris Arreola?

How is a fight like Manny vs Algieri or Floyd vs Maidana going to be on an even playing field when both Pac and Floyd have MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars to invest in a training camp that Algeiri and Maidana did not. For this fight, Floyd is paying a private chef $1000 PER MEAL, and she's on constant stand by for him. He has businesses waiting on him hand and foot, anxiously awaiting his call any time of the day or night. How is that an even playing field? Come on. You Pac fans are ridiculous.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I imagine a guy named Ruthless Rocco does for a day job.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should just delete this thread but it got funny.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Legal or illegal, so what? Cocaine is illegal, but Novacaine will be injected by a dentist. The difference is arbitrary. If a drug allows you to do something you otherwise couldn't do so effectively, then it has to be performance enhancing. What am I missing? Shouldn't drugs be banned from sports full stop if they affect performance? Floyd is a known user of performance enhancing drugs. It is what it is and there seems to be more evidence of that than what there is against Manny. I don't really care either way really, but Floyd isn't squeaky clean.

Washy terms like illegal and legal don't really make it okay to a rational person who wants to see a level playing field in boxing. Why should an opponent be allowed to take performance enhancing drugs? If he isn't able to cut it at the top, then he should find another day job. What next, legless boxers with robotic legs? After all, they should be allowed to compete like anyone else. I'm not convinced.
    Legal or illegal so what? lol, that's the entire point! Legal = you're allowed to do it, illegal = you're not allowed and you're a cheater.

Drugs should be banned full stop? Okay, does that include medicine? If Floyd or Manny take an antibiotic to clear up an infection, is that not also a performance enhancer? So if one of them catches the flu, they shouldn't be allowed to take something for that so they can get back to training? You're being ridiculous. Bottom line, substances are either illegal or legal. If you're taking something that's perfectly legal, what's the problem? Your gripe isn't with Mayweather, it should be with the commission for allowing it.

Also, I have to laugh at anyone here who's talking about an "even playing field". There's no truly even playing field that exists in life and certainly not in sport: everyone is born with advantages and disadvantages. Klitschko was blessed to be 6'6'' and an athletic specimen: everything else equal, how is the playing field ever going to be even for him and, let's say, Andy Ruiz or Chris Arreola?

How is a fight like Manny vs Algieri or Floyd vs Maidana going to be on an even playing field when both Pac and Floyd have MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars to invest in a training camp that Algeiri and Maidana did not. For this fight, Floyd is paying a private chef $1000 PER MEAL, and she's on constant stand by for him. He has businesses waiting on him hand and foot, anxiously awaiting his call any time of the day or night. How is that an even playing field? Come on. You Pac fans are ridiculous.
    I have to say that you are displaying an elitist attitude, the likes of which I hope will become thoroughly annihilated in the revolutions of the coming years. It should be a level playing field and we should do everything we can to get the matchups and clean fighters we can. Don't make excuses for a fighter taking drugs to gain an advantage. Floyd has been very lucky to get away with it. Fighters all have the ability to train hard and eat a healthy meal. You get the same nutrition from a thousand dollars as you do 30 dollars. That is just an elitist attitude and the great equaliser in the end is always age. An expensive camp isn't going to save Floyd just as wealth will not protect you from the mob.

My point about legal and illegal is that it is a randomly imposed element. Law does not equate with right and wrong. Law has little to do with ethics and everything to do with protecting the elite scoundrels and ironically, we find the richest man in boxing got away with using performance enhancing drugs. Why not just let fighters take whatever substances they like at all times then? Or else get serious about it as boxing is not a game? I think the latter option is a more logical one. Just because Floyd got away with it and it was 'legal' does not make it right. Again, it is a horrible elitist sense of values that seeps through. You seem to think it right because the rules were twisted in his favour. In that respect it is you that completely missed my point.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles you're a stupid idiot.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rocco, you sound like a man on death row who hasnt come to terms with things. I understand this fight is causing you immense stress and strain. Confess and repent and your soul may well be saved. Mayweather belongs in the past and so does all the name calling. With loss we can grow even more as people. You are in our thoughts, Rocco.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gandolf you are a jive-ass motha!

Just accept Floyd as your new overlord and move on.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Gandolf you are a jive-ass motha!

Just accept Floyd as your new overlord and move on.
    Ohhhhhhh....!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rocco, you sound like a man on death row who hasnt come to terms with things. I understand this fight is causing you immense stress and strain. Confess and repent and your soul may well be saved. Mayweather belongs in the past and so does all the name calling. With loss we can grow even more as people. You are in our thoughts, Rocco.
    Coming from the most unstable member of the forum I'll take the "I'm rubber, you're glue" approach to this one. Get some help for yourself Miles.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the many myths about Gandalf is that he is unstable, but within is a sea of emerging tranquility and wisdom and upon all the Mayweather carpet baggers shall fall humility and grace. Stability is the return to morality and norms. Pacquiao is part of the revolution. Greed, selfishness, and arrogance has had its day and in the age of revolution, though no man is perfect, we should all aspire to be better people. I shall welcome Corvette, Beanflicker, and Ruthless Rocco into the renewed and inspired Baggins Clan of Peace. All in good time, my dear chaps. All in good time.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that the best insult you can come up with?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information