Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It's official, I am shifting to MMA.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: It's official, I am shifting to MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I think there's a big misconception on what "running" actually is. Running is simply fleeing with no plan of engaging, you're simply trying to escape. It's what DLH did in the last few rounds of the Trinidad fight, and yes, it's what Floyd did for a few seconds at the end of a couple of the rounds to avoid a late Pacquiao flurry.

Standing toe to toe with a guy in the middle of the ring, looking to counter and using movement to keep your opponent off balance is not running. Taking a step back or to the side when your opponent lunges at you is not running. Dashing to the left or right when your opponent has trapped you on ropes is not running. That's boxing. You go to a boxing gym and your first day the trainer will show you how to properly move forward, backwards and to the sides. I understand that casual fans aren't going to understand the difference, but I find it weird that so many "real" boxing fans don't understand it.

Floyd ran for maybe 30-40 seconds of the fight, and he held for maybe 20-30 seconds. So let's say Floyd ran and held for about a minute. What about the other 35 minutes of the fight? What's Pac's excuse for being wholly ineffective in that period of time?

Agreed 100%.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    Floyd was looking like Barry Sanders in the ring. With that kind of movement and juking, Floyd with never get beat. if some other boxer does what may does it's called running, when Floyd does it it's called the sweet science. Rico at least engages, he will stand in front of u and not get hit. Headmovement. Roy never bounced around the ring like that. Staying 2 feet away from your opponent is not boxing. It's boring, which is why I paid nothing to stream that shit. "Most underwhelming fight of the century"
    i actually think its the opposite. if floyd does it its called running but if somebody else does it its called boxing.
    I think he was literally running at times and holding on for his dear life. Preety awful fight to watch.
    He grabbed a few times really trying to avoid getting hit but I don't remember him just running other then the last 10 seconds of the fight. My point was though that if for example algieri fought the same fight as Floyd and won, I don't think most people would talk about him running. He would get a ton of respect for fighting a very smart fight. We just expect more out of Floyd though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We expect so much from Floyd coz he said he would give us a blazing fight. Never thought running is equivalent to fighting and blazing to hugging.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd beat Manny 9 rounds to 3 cry baby losers.

Manny didn't even hit him with 82 punches.

Floyd gave him free shots against the ropes and Manny did nothing.

Manny was dominated by a skilled boxer the way anyone who understands boxing knew he would. If you couldn't see how this fight was going to unfold then you're a fucking moron!!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    118-110 score? Come on men. Who would have scored something like except if he is in mayweather's payroll. The world saw how frustrated mayweather's father was with his son coz he knew they were losing it.

I would have accepted the result except that the scores were just too incredible. Can you really honestly say that Mayweather convincingly won in that fight? And that was a fight of the century ? It was pacquaio who made it exciting and mayweather in many instances hugged Pacquaio trying to survive. Fact.
    I'm not on his payroll. I had it 117-111. But Manny hurt his shoulder, he was only at 60%, a fully fit Pacquiao, well he just duffs Floyd right on the nose don't he? You guys are adorable.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MMA is shit. Boxing is art. The Manny that destroys Cotto and Hatton toys with Floyd before putting him to rest in a bloody heap. Floyd got off lightly and still thought it was dancing with the stars. He should wear a ballerina costume and wear a pair of Nike's.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    MMA is shit. Boxing is art. The Manny that destroys Cotto and Hatton toys with Floyd before putting him to rest in a bloody heap. Floyd got off lightly and still thought it was dancing with the stars. He should wear a ballerina costume and wear a pair of Nike's.
    Floyd was right in front of Manny all night...but Arum's little exploited puppet still couldn't do anything.
    Cotto and Hatton were freshly KO'd and softened up for little Pactrash.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Floyd was right in front of Manny all night...but Arum's little exploited puppet still couldn't do anything.
    Cotto and Hatton were freshly KO'd and softened up for little Pactrash.
    PED free Manny can't KO anyone and he still wouldn't have been able to hit Floyd.

Thread Information