Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I gave Manny huge respect until......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the fight again this evening and would happily give manny 4-5 rounds.

Floyd win the fight but seemed to be stuck in 2nd gear all the time and was just doing enough as always.

Floyd should/could have at least put a few combinations together but the fact he didn't have to shows that his style and method has worked again.

I don't think manny is too blame for the shoulder stuff..I think Bob and Freddie set the seed and want some more money for the rematch..greedy bastards.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I gave Manny huge respect until......

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Floyd win the fight but seemed to be stuck in 2nd gear
    Well to be fair it hasn't been his day, his week, his month, or even his year
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Floyd win the fight but seemed to be stuck in 2nd gear
    Well to be fair it hasn't been his day, his week, his month, or even his year
    How he is managing to win these fights with these potshots and Hopkins type aura defence has to be respected.

Manny was strong all the way and gave pressure on various occasions but in all honesty maidana gave floyd more of a headache.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with the original post. I'm not a Pac fan but I really thought that Pac would happily admit defeat. Him saying that he won and all of his excuses afterwards made me lose a ton of respect for him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    Manny fought a great fight, I was shocked to see how well he was doing in the chess match(although it didn't workout in his favor). I think he showed in his fight that he does have great boxing IQ, he was able to time Floyd well and it took Floyd waaayyy longer to figure him out. The scorecards may have not been close, but each round was super competitive(outside of the 11th)

Overall it was a beautiful battle of the minds(i know i'm one of the very few who feels this way) and i thought it was an amazing fight from a pure boxing perspective.

HOWEVER....

Once Manny started being a sore loser with his shoulder and "i won" speeches, it just shitted on all the respect he earned during the fight imo. Huge mistake from the Pacqiou camp.
    Strategy was the whole problem with this fight. These two were supposed to be the best athletes on the planet inside the ring. Instincts should have been the only thing in the ring. What we got were two dogs growling at each other. It was pethetic.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Strategy was the whole problem with this fight. These two were supposed to be the best athletes on the planet inside the ring. Instincts should have been the only thing in the ring. What we got were two dogs growling at each other. It was pethetic.
    You're pathetic. You clearly don't know shit about boxing. You still think Manny won. You think Floyd ruined it by not letting Manny hit him. You're a moron. @fan johnny

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    You're pathetic. You clearly don't know shit about boxing. You still think Manny won. You think Floyd ruined it by not letting Manny hit him. You're a moron. @fan johnny
    WTF are you reading, smoking too much... Laila Ali would have beat Manny in the ring if he fought her like that.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    WTF are you reading, smoking too much... Laila Ali would have beat Manny in the ring if he fought her like that.
    But he wouldn't have been she isn't Floyd. Why would Pac just so happen to do nothing against mayweather? It obviously couldn't be because Floyd made him fight like that.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Manny fought a great fight, I was shocked to see how well he was doing in the chess match(although it didn't workout in his favor). I think he showed in his fight that he does have great boxing IQ, he was able to time Floyd well and it took Floyd waaayyy longer to figure him out. The scorecards may have not been close, but each round was super competitive(outside of the 11th)

Overall it was a beautiful battle of the minds(i know i'm one of the very few who feels this way) and i thought it was an amazing fight from a pure boxing perspective.

HOWEVER....

Once Manny started being a sore loser with his shoulder and "i won" speeches, it just shitted on all the respect he earned during the fight imo. Huge mistake from the Pacqiou camp.
    Floyd won the first two rounds clearly!!!
    Yeah he did, but thats because he was throwing alot of punches to 1. See what pacs game plan to counter him is and 2. Keep him off, overall you could see it in Floyds body language, he was a lot more confused by Manny then most of the fighters he faced and didnt really get comfortable till really late.
    Your talking shit. I just rewatched the first and Floyd just does as he pleases hes u der no pressure whatso ever.

Pacquiao looks like hes lost, thrown in at the deep end, hes never seen anything like afloyd and has no idea what the fuck to do.

This was an old 38 year old Floyd who likes to lay on the ropes. 5 years ago, Manyy gets a new asshole ripped in him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOWEVER....

Yeah he did, but thats because he was throwing alot of punches to 1. See what pacs game plan to counter him is and 2. Keep him off, overall you could see it in Floyds body language, he was a lot more confused by Manny then most of the fighters he faced and didnt really get comfortable till really late.
    Your talking shit. I just rewatched the first and Floyd just does as he pleases hes u der no pressure whatso ever.

Pacquiao looks like hes lost, thrown in at the deep end, hes never seen anything like afloyd and has no idea what the fuck to do.

This was an old 38 year old Floyd who likes to lay on the ropes. 5 years ago, Manyy gets a new asshole ripped in him.
    Lol yeah i guess i am, but truth is neither one of us knows for sure, just our assumptions. What I do know is FLoyd won clearly and beat a very game Manny, i dont think it matters when they fight or at what weight, Floyd wins every time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOWEVER....

Lol yeah i guess i am, but truth is neither one of us knows for sure, just our assumptions. What I do know is FLoyd won clearly and beat a very game Manny, i dont think it matters when they fight or at what weight, Floyd wins every time.
    Maybe you didnt watch the fight?

I did and I saw what everyone else did. That from the very first bell Mayweather was boxing as he pleased. He had Pacquiao figured out years ago!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOWEVER....

I did and I saw what everyone else did. That from the very first bell Mayweather was boxing as he pleased. He had Pacquiao figured out years ago!

Mayweather won, but by no means did he have him figured out early on, thats why he got clocked with surprise left in the 4th. Watch the canelo fight, then watch the PAc fight right after and youll see the difference. He did his thing in there, but he was a little confused by Pacqiou till very late in the fight.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOWEVER....

Mayweather won, but by no means did he have him figured out early on, thats why he got clocked with surprise left in the 4th. Watch the canelo fight, then watch the PAc fight right after and youll see the difference. He did his thing in there, but he was a little confused by Pacqiou till very late in the fight.

Getting caugt with one punch the whole fight in the 4th round is nothing.

Mayweather won the first couple of rounds as clearly and easily as you could. How is that not figuring out Pacquiao early? Was that an accident then?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was disappointed to hear Manny make that excuse. I wanted Manny to win that fight (knew he wouldn't though) and i couldn't give him more than four rounds (and I was giving him every benefit of doubt I could) at best. I'm not interested in seeing a rematch at all, and I now think that no matter when they fought Floyd's size, defense, timing and boxing IQ results in the same result.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HOWEVER....

Getting caugt with one punch the whole fight in the 4th round is nothing.

Mayweather won the first couple of rounds as clearly and easily as you could. How is that not figuring out Pacquiao early? Was that an accident then?
    Sure it doesnt, but maywaether was tentative until very late, he wasnt confident when firing off and for the most part was waiting on Pac, when maywaether figures his opponents out he fires off more then one shot, he didnt do this till later with Pac. I feel like it was tense. His body language showed it. I wouldnt go as far as "Sr." when he said he was fighting scared, but i dont feel it was a walk in the park as it looked like.

Thread Information