Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I gave Manny huge respect until......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I gave Manny huge respect until......

Manny fought a great fight, I was shocked to see how well he was doing in the chess match(although it didn't workout in his favor). I think he showed in his fight that he does have great boxing IQ, he was able to time Floyd well and it took Floyd waaayyy longer to figure him out. The scorecards may have not been close, but each round was super competitive(outside of the 11th)

Overall it was a beautiful battle of the minds(i know i'm one of the very few who feels this way) and i thought it was an amazing fight from a pure boxing perspective.

HOWEVER....

Once Manny started being a sore loser with his shoulder and "i won" speeches, it just shitted on all the respect he earned during the fight imo. Huge mistake from the Pacqiou camp.
    Last edited by Boxer4life; 05-04-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I gave Manny huge respect until......

Yeah it's always a shame to see people be sore losers and make excuses.

It's a hard pill to swallow: this was the biggest fight of his career, he was carrying the hopes of MILLIONS of people to be the guy to finally give Mayweather the beating he deserves, and he let Mayweather cruise to another easy victory. This fight was for all the marbles and he came up short. He's not going to get another crack at it, they won't be able to sell a rematch because it was so anti climactic.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

It's a hard pill to swallow: this was the biggest fight of his career, he was carrying the hopes of MILLIONS of people to be the guy to finally give Mayweather the beating he deserves, and he let Mayweather cruise to another easy victory. This fight was for all the marbles and he came up short. He's not going to get another crack at it, they won't be able to sell a rematch because it was so anti climactic.
    Yeah i agree, usually rematches get made when they think there is a possibility of a different result. Despite what everyone is saying, I don't think anyone thinks Pacqiou can actually beat Mayweather, Mayweather beats him better next time. No need for rematch.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I agree that the result of a rematch would be similar to the first fight...

The "I think I won" claim and the "I was secretly injured" excuse combined with the Pactard cries of "Floyd ran all night" and Pac "deserved the win because he moved forward and hurt Floyd 3 times" are the ground work of a potential rematch.

I think many boxing neophytes believe Pac won the fight and that Floyd was gifted the win.
    That was the feeling at the bar I watched the fight in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with both of you.

But it seems like there are a lot of idiots out there who think pac won.

That includes Lomachenko

He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah unfortunately thats the world we live in. And because this fight was so mainstream we get even more dumb commentary from people who have never seen a boxing match in their lives. But I will tell you I cant believe any other fighter can say Pac won.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think he was already forging for rematch with the shoulder and 'think I won talk' even though it was batshit looney talk. Unfortunately on such a massive level as this was it has served as a double edged sword for in the know fans vs casual Joe shmoe who can actually pay 5k for a seat. This might be one exception where frankly, they don't need 'us'.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    Manny fought a great fight, I was shocked to see how well he was doing in the chess match(although it didn't workout in his favor). I think he showed in his fight that he does have great boxing IQ, he was able to time Floyd well and it took Floyd waaayyy longer to figure him out. The scorecards may have not been close, but each round was super competitive(outside of the 11th)

Overall it was a beautiful battle of the minds(i know i'm one of the very few who feels this way) and i thought it was an amazing fight from a pure boxing perspective.

HOWEVER....

Once Manny started being a sore loser with his shoulder and "i won" speeches, it just shitted on all the respect he earned during the fight imo. Huge mistake from the Pacqiou camp.
    Floyd won the first two rounds clearly!!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just can't see a rematch happening, given the general unfavourable reactions to the fight.

Castillo and Maidana got rematches because they fought very close fights with Floyd and gave him a lot of problems. This wasn't a close fight and Pac really didn't give Floyd any problems. He landed a few good left hands but nothing that really shook Floyd.

Nobody is going to buy the rematch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post

HOWEVER....

Floyd won the first two rounds clearly!!!
    Yeah he did, but thats because he was throwing alot of punches to 1. See what pacs game plan to counter him is and 2. Keep him off, overall you could see it in Floyds body language, he was a lot more confused by Manny then most of the fighters he faced and didnt really get comfortable till really late.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just can't see a rematch happening, given the general unfavourable reactions to the fight.

Castillo and Maidana got rematches because they fought very close fights with Floyd and gave him a lot of problems. This wasn't a close fight and Pac really didn't give Floyd any problems. He landed a few good left hands but nothing that really shook Floyd.

Nobody is going to buy the rematch.
    You know that and I know that but that's us thinking like hard nose...logical...fans . I'm stumped how many casual fans are buying into rematch talk. This was so over the top with mainstream build and hype from people who cannot name a heavyweight (really can't blame them there) that it became nauseating yesterday. I seriously wonder how many of these people even knew Manny was only two years removed from back to back loses and being flat face concussed. Floyd talking last fight and sounds serious, broke the bank with this one and knows the opponent like a glove now. That screams cash out showcase, stranger things have happened.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's going to happen is that Pac, Roach and Arum are going to drill the public with the injury excuse backed with the biased reffing & lack of clinching points deduction, corrupt NSAC judging and the denied pain killer shot as reasons for the rematch.

They're going to demand that the fight be in Macao where they'll claim they'll get a fair fight.

Mayweather will not accept this and they'll make Mayweather look like he's scared to take the rematch because he knows he can't win against an uninjured Manny outside of his Vegas safe haven with corrupt judges and officials.

Pretty much the usual Arum/Roach/Manny bullshit that they've run for years.

All the Pactards will be like "YES. This is all true. Our saviour Manny will rise again!!! Mayweather is running scared just like before!!!"
    The idiot press will report it as such and the stupid public will eat it up.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-04-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    What's going to happen is that Pac, Roach and Arum are going to drill the public with the injury excuse backed with the biased reffing & lack of clinching points deduction, corrupt NSAC judging and the denied pain killer shot as reasons for the rematch.

They're going to demand that the fight be in Macao where they'll claim they'll get a fair fight.

Mayweather will not accept this and they'll make Mayweather look like he's scared to take the rematch because he knows he can't win against an uninjured Manny outside of his Vegas safe haven with corrupt judges and officials.

Pretty much the usual Arum/Roach/Manny bullshit that they've run for years.

All the Pactards will be like "YES. This is all true. Our saviour Manny will rise again!!! Mayweather is running scared just like before!!!" The idiot press will report it as such and the stupid public will eat it up.
    Amen.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I won't put it passed them to try to sell a rematch.
    Last edited by corvette; 05-04-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People will believe what they want to believe. They'll still be a ton of people who think that Manny's "injury" is why he lost, or that he would have won if they fought back in 2010.

All I know is that history only remembers the winners, not the excuses. The bottom line is the fight finally happened and Floyd won by a wide margin. Both guys were out of their prime, both guys had aches and pains, so there's no excuses. Pac and Roach talked the talk, they went on ad nauseam about how Floyd was scared and ducking them, how Pac was going to be different then all the other opponents Mayweather has had, and in the end he couldn't deliver the goods and he turned out to be just another "opponent". I imagine that's a hard pill for the Pac fans and Floyd haters to swallow, but that's just the reality of what happened last night. He had his shot, he knew what was up against, he had nearly 20 years of Mayweather tape to study... and he couldn't get the job done.

Thread Information