Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Moving on...Canelo vs Kirkland vs Cotto vs Golovkin

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I think Geale may beat Cotto maybe even stop him and then what will people say oh let me guess, he was never a middle. Most already know that. He past on an Alvarez fight when he had an optional and got Geale in yet another catch. He's now looking past Geale and asking the Kazak to step aside afterward so he can pursue a fight with Alvarez. Why is that and why does he need the belt? I hope the Kazak says no and demands the fight. I've lost a ton of respect for Cotto since Martinez.

Alvarez has to be able to handle the James Kirklands of the world but he best bring his A-game
    Cotto wants to keep the middleweight title to entice a fight with Floyd and I think he will beat Geale.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland did not look strong at the weigh in. That was all Kirkland had going for him, raw power and a will to throw and throw and throw. But at the weigh in he looked like a man that spent his whole camp shedding weight. Like a stiff breeze would blow him over. I expect him to be gassed before round 2. He might show bursts of energy here and there but this will be one sided.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking forward to the Canelo fight, it'll be interesting to see where he goes after this fight, he is taking a long time in rebuilding his career after the Mayweather fight.

I did rate him before the fight with Floyd and he looked like he genuinely wanted to start stepping it up a gear, it's funny how he was being bullshited up to be the next best thing but that loss looks like it really fucked him up

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Canelo catches too much heat. I don't particularly like him myself but he didn't have to face Trout, he didn't have to face Lara. Most people didn't go looking to fight these guys so I give Canelo respect for doing that. He was dismantled by Floyd but the kid is young, taking a few easier fights again isn't a crime. In the next year he needs to fight Andrade or move up though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I think Canelo catches too much heat. I don't particularly like him myself but he didn't have to face Trout, he didn't have to face Lara. Most people didn't go looking to fight these guys so I give Canelo respect for doing that. He was dismantled by Floyd but the kid is young, taking a few easier fights again isn't a crime. In the next year he needs to fight Andrade or move up though.
    Canelito doesn't get a free pass...so what if he fought Trout and Lara....big deal...other guys fought them before Alvarez did.

His entire career is mostly easy fights.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kirkland did not look strong at the weigh in. That was all Kirkland had going for him, raw power and a will to throw and throw and throw. But at the weigh in he looked like a man that spent his whole camp shedding weight. Like a stiff breeze would blow him over. I expect him to be gassed before round 2. He might show bursts of energy here and there but this will be one sided.

you can't be serious..

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Canelito doesn't get a free pass...so what if he fought Trout and Lara....big deal...other guys fought them before Alvarez did.

His entire career is mostly easy fights.
    That was what I was saying, his career has been easy fights up until that point, I think he felt as though he was finally ready to start stepping it up a gear and push on with the tougher fights, then Floyd came along and put a stop to that plan and he's had to go back to the drawing board

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you can't be serious..
    You're going to be like a Pacfan tomorrow, excuses, excuses, excuses.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer4life View Post
    So Mayweather won, Manny made excuses, and if they fight again Floyd wins again.

That being said there is an interesting fight next week. I say Canelo wins because he is more skilled, but he isnt exactly an elite when it comes to his boxing IQ. Kirkland pacs a wallop(if people still say that) and can pose a threat? who wins?

I assume Cotto wins his in June then should fight the winner of this fight, which i think to be Canelo, and the winner of that fight should fight golovkin, at which point i think Golovkin takes all of them.

Thoughts?
    More smaller fighters for GGG to feast on.

Come on Golovkin fans.....time to raise the bar.
    I wish some one would raise you UP AND DROP YOU ON YOUR HEAD.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Canelo will beat the powerful, but extremely fragile (at this point) Kirkland. So what else is new?
    His embarrassing loss to Floyd will be all but forgotten and he'll be hailed as the second coming once again.
    People may even begin to clamor for a rematch with Floyd.

Watching the telecast (why oh why are we being subjected to the WHOLE May-Pac fight again??)....... and my worst fears are materializing. HBO can't WAIT to continue hyping Canelo as the next big thing in boxing. Oh godddddd...... Someone will have to get the HBO crew monogrammed knee pads as they go down on Canelo. The guy hasn't even climbed the ring against Kirkland and he's already being anointed.

I hope Kirkland beats that anointed ass.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard to see anything other than a Canelo TKO inside 4 rounds.

That said, WAR KIRKLAND!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man that was painful!! BOTH networks reairing fight and even those awkward stammered set of Kellerman interviews. This is going to fester like some infected cracked tooth

two words boxing world..MOVE ON! Canelo and Kirkland must be punching holes in the wall waiting this out

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was impressive. Beautiful punch selection by Alvarez.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fun fight, good job kirkland for coming to fight, even thoguh his tactics were maybe not the best and some great work from canelo there, apparently 28/28 punches in the 2nd round.. I think canelo got hit more than he would have liked but that fight was a lot of fun!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big brass by Kirkland. But someone needs to watch this dude and hope he matches smart because its catches up fast and a network will feed you to the sharks once beyond the gate

Thread Information