Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 76

Thread: Floyd should have done more.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,344
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Tito just bet the number 2 with LOADED GLOVES. Bernard made sure Tito had normal regulation wraps for their fight. So he knew he could go after him.

    Also I'd argue that Manny is a more multidimensional fighter than Tito. You have to worry about Manny's movement, his angles, his speed his combos. Tito needed to be set up on the front foot to throw. Bernard put on a masterful performance never letting him set to throw but as I said before Bernard knew that there would be less power on Tito's punches because of the legal wraps.
    Also, just to help you out, Tito didn't have loaded gloves, his hands were wrapped in a manner that was legal in Vegas but illegal in New York so he had to re wrap them. Margarito had loaded gloves vs Mosely. You're welcome for the education.


    FFS mikeeod..... quit trying to argue with Ruth using logic.

    Ruth is well known here for getting an idea stuck somewhere between his thick skull and the half ounce of gray matter than passes for a brain..... and then beating the idea to DEATH. He once posted in 27 straight posts that Pac was a PED user. He actually posted that Floyd is TBE because his Lamborghinis are shinier than anyone else's..... and because he went back to chopping wood before the Pac fight. Oh..... that, and the fact that he owns his own promotional company. Ruth has been peddling the illegal handwrap argument for years, and is blind-deaf-and-dumb to any logic whatsoever.

    He won't thank you for the education because he doesn't believe in that concept. He'd rather peddle the same regurgitated shit over and over hoping that the one-millionth time he says it..... it becomes true. Do what the rest of the forum does....... LAUGH AT HIM.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 05-15-2015 at 03:04 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,801
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Fact is Tito just wasn't very good without his illegal wraps.

    Just like Manny isn't that good without his PEDs.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,344
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Fact is Tito just wasn't very good without his illegal wraps.

    Just like Manny isn't that good without his PEDs.



    "First I would like to say that my deputy commissioner and my commissioner did a diligent job that night. The rules are clear and fair. Mr.Trinidad did not violate the rules, that's why there was no suspension. Extra tape and gauze can be applied if the trainers agree and the commission approves, grounds for that will be protection only cause of injury. Under no circumstances can there be double layers of tape,which in this case there was none. The New York State bylaws say you cannot have tape on skin so the commission made them rewrap because of that fact alone." (NY State Athletic Commission Chair Melvina Lathan)





    One of several quotes from authorities on the subject.
    Of course, they may as well be written in Swahili as far as you're concerned, because it doesn't fit your crybaby agenda.

    How sad it is to know that a fighter you hate so much is an ATG and HOF'er.
    Must stick in your craw, huh?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,801
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Fact is Tito just wasn't very good without his illegal wraps.

    Just like Manny isn't that good without his PEDs.



    "First I would like to say that my deputy commissioner and my commissioner did a diligent job that night. The rules are clear and fair. Mr.Trinidad did not violate the rules, that's why there was no suspension. Extra tape and gauze can be applied if the trainers agree and the commission approves, grounds for that will be protection only cause of injury. Under no circumstances can there be double layers of tape,which in this case there was none. The New York State bylaws say you cannot have tape on skin so the commission made them rewrap because of that fact alone." (NY State Athletic Commission Chair Melvina Lathan)





    One of several quotes from authorities on the subject.
    Of course, they may as well be written in Swahili as far as you're concerned, because it doesn't fit your crybaby agenda.

    How sad it is to know that a fighter you hate so much is an ATG and HOF'er.
    Must stick in your craw, huh?
    So his hands were taped and the wraps were applied in a way that did not comply with the rules?

    The rules weren't violated because Hopkins corner member saw the violation while they were applying the wraps and the commission ruled on it and made Papa Trinidad re-wrap the hands.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-15-2015 at 04:07 AM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    491
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Fact is Tito just wasn't very good without his illegal wraps.

    Just like Manny isn't that good without his PEDs.



    "First I would like to say that my deputy commissioner and my commissioner did a diligent job that night. The rules are clear and fair. Mr.Trinidad did not violate the rules, that's why there was no suspension. Extra tape and gauze can be applied if the trainers agree and the commission approves, grounds for that will be protection only cause of injury. Under no circumstances can there be double layers of tape,which in this case there was none. The New York State bylaws say you cannot have tape on skin so the commission made them rewrap because of that fact alone." (NY State Athletic Commission Chair Melvina Lathan)





    One of several quotes from authorities on the subject.
    Of course, they may as well be written in Swahili as far as you're concerned, because it doesn't fit your crybaby agenda.

    How sad it is to know that a fighter you hate so much is an ATG and HOF'er.
    Must stick in your craw, huh?
    So his hands were taped and the wraps were applied in a way that did not comply with the rules?

    The rules weren't violated because Hopkins corner member saw the violation while they were applying the wraps and the commission ruled on it and made Papa Trinidad re-wrap the hands.
    Rocco, take your A.D.D. meds n try n focus. Topic is Floyd doing more vs Manny two weeks ago, not the legalities of Titos hand wraps in New York back in 2001. Try and stay on topic.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,344
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Fact is Tito just wasn't very good without his illegal wraps.

    Just like Manny isn't that good without his PEDs.



    "First I would like to say that my deputy commissioner and my commissioner did a diligent job that night. The rules are clear and fair. Mr.Trinidad did not violate the rules, that's why there was no suspension. Extra tape and gauze can be applied if the trainers agree and the commission approves, grounds for that will be protection only cause of injury. Under no circumstances can there be double layers of tape,which in this case there was none. The New York State bylaws say you cannot have tape on skin so the commission made them rewrap because of that fact alone." (NY State Athletic Commission Chair Melvina Lathan)





    One of several quotes from authorities on the subject.
    Of course, they may as well be written in Swahili as far as you're concerned, because it doesn't fit your crybaby agenda.

    How sad it is to know that a fighter you hate so much is an ATG and HOF'er.
    Must stick in your craw, huh?
    So his hands were taped and the wraps were applied in a way that did not comply with the rules?

    The rules weren't violated because Hopkins corner member saw the violation while they were applying the wraps and the commission ruled on it and made Papa Trinidad re-wrap the hands.


    Hand wrapping rules vary from state commission to state commission... and the way Trinidad had his hands wrapped were very legal in every other state. New York has different rules..... Naazim Richardson was keen enough to catch that, and had the hand re-wrapped. Here's an interesting article on hand wrapping for you. It seems the issue with hand wrapping spreads to most boxers, who at some point or another face some sort of questioning from the opposite camp.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/13/sp...xing.html?_r=0

    Here's an excerpt from that article you might find interesting as well....


    "Rules vary from state to state. In California, only gauze and surgical adhesive tape are allowed. In Nevada, trainers can apply only gauze, not tape, to skin. But some keys are universal, Roach said, like spreading the gauze evenly across the fingers, or protecting the knuckles with the right amount of padding".



    Richardson himself defended Trinidad from undue criticism by stating as much.... and making a very pronounced distinction between the Trinidad hand wrapping issue and, say..... what Margacheato was convicted of after the Mosley fight.

    You said Trinidad always had illegal wraps.
    Obviously..... you're dead wrong.
    But don't let the facts stand in your way.


    Again...... none of this fits your agenda. You're a hater. Actually..... you're worse than just a hater. You're a blind hater, who has no use for facts. Fortunately, I'll always be around to show you the error of your ways.

    You're welcome.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,801
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    So his hands were taped and the wraps were applied in a way that did not comply with the rules?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1226
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    At least, there is some sanity here now.

    As I was trying to emphasize immediately after the fight, Floyd should have done more because he promised us that he will knock Manny and because this is the supposed to be the Fight of the Century. He is being booed everywhere he goes because he truly does not deserve the win in a fight billed as " THE FIGHT" of the century. Now, it has become the "NON-FIGHT of the Century".

    A disgrace to boxing and what it stands for. That is how it will be remembered in history and it makes me frustrated coz I promised to tell this to my children and grandchildren supposedly as one of the best fights I have seen. Now, it has become a reason for many casual fans not to watch boxing anymore.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,801
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Rocco, take your A.D.D. meds n try n focus. Topic is Floyd doing more vs Manny two weeks ago, not the legalities of Titos hand wraps in New York back in 2001. Try and stay on topic.
    It's nice for you to re-join the conversation @mikeeod. Here's my last post that you never addressed Pactard.

    Floyd fought differently 15 years ago when he was younger. He is 39 years old now. and was fighting the fighter of the decade, the guy that was supposed to destroy him. The guy who 80% of the public thought was going to KO him. It's his prerogative to fight a defensive fight. As the highest paid boxer ever and the highest paid athlete in the world 3 years running his recent style must be enough to satisfy fans otherwise he wouldn't be the money maker that he is.

    YES it's true, Manny has no shoulder injury. He has an ego injury. He has a public image injury. He has an I've been exposed injury, but not a shoulder injury.

    Pacquiao reportedly reinjured his shoulder. The initial injury was from a skiing accident from 2008? Manny's strength and conditioning coach of 5 years, hired in 2008, has gone on record as saying that Manny never had a shoulder injury. This is the man who helped Manny win titles from 130, 35, 140, 147 and 154 pounds. During this time he had fights against Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Mosely, JMM & Bradley. Where were the signs of an injury during any of those fights? Look at the timeline for these fights...Manny never took any time off. When did this alleged injury occur?
    Surgery is a vague term. It can mean as little a a local anesthetic and a small incision and walkout 15 minutes later. So I'm sure Manny had some kind of surgery. I doubt it was invasive or had anything to do with a pre existing shoulder injury.
    His "surgery" was to repair his damaged image in the Philippines and to the gullible public (that's you).

    Bob Arum has a great quote that you may find shocking (since you seem so dim). "Yesterday I was lying, but today I'm telling the truth."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,344
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    So his hands were taped and the wraps were applied in a way that did not comply with the rules?

    Have you had this tunnel vision syndrome since birth?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,306
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    609
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Rocco, take your A.D.D. meds n try n focus. Topic is Floyd doing more vs Manny two weeks ago, not the legalities of Titos hand wraps in New York back in 2001. Try and stay on topic.
    It's nice for you to re-join the conversation @mikeeod. Here's my last post that you never addressed Pactard.

    Floyd fought differently 15 years ago when he was younger. He is 39 years old now. and was fighting the fighter of the decade, the guy that was supposed to destroy him. The guy who 80% of the public thought was going to KO him. It's his prerogative to fight a defensive fight. As the highest paid boxer ever and the highest paid athlete in the world 3 years running his recent style must be enough to satisfy fans otherwise he wouldn't be the money maker that he is.

    YES it's true, Manny has no shoulder injury. He has an ego injury. He has a public image injury. He has an I've been exposed injury, but not a shoulder injury.

    Pacquiao reportedly reinjured his shoulder. The initial injury was from a skiing accident from 2008? Manny's strength and conditioning coach of 5 years, hired in 2008, has gone on record as saying that Manny never had a shoulder injury. This is the man who helped Manny win titles from 130, 35, 140, 147 and 154 pounds. During this time he had fights against Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Mosely, JMM & Bradley. Where were the signs of an injury during any of those fights? Look at the timeline for these fights...Manny never took any time off. When did this alleged injury occur?
    Surgery is a vague term. It can mean as little a a local anesthetic and a small incision and walkout 15 minutes later. So I'm sure Manny had some kind of surgery. I doubt it was invasive or had anything to do with a pre existing shoulder injury.
    His "surgery" was to repair his damaged image in the Philippines and to the gullible public (that's you).

    Bob Arum has a great quote that you may find shocking (since you seem so dim). "Yesterday I was lying, but today I'm telling the truth."
    Ruthy, don't take every critique of Floyd as a personal attack on you. We know you hate Manny, it's all good.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1226
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Fact is Tito just wasn't very good without his illegal wraps.

    Just like Manny isn't that good without his PEDs.



    "First I would like to say that my deputy commissioner and my commissioner did a diligent job that night. The rules are clear and fair. Mr.Trinidad did not violate the rules, that's why there was no suspension. Extra tape and gauze can be applied if the trainers agree and the commission approves, grounds for that will be protection only cause of injury. Under no circumstances can there be double layers of tape,which in this case there was none. The New York State bylaws say you cannot have tape on skin so the commission made them rewrap because of that fact alone." (NY State Athletic Commission Chair Melvina Lathan)





    One of several quotes from authorities on the subject.
    Of course, they may as well be written in Swahili as far as you're concerned, because it doesn't fit your crybaby agenda.

    How sad it is to know that a fighter you hate so much is an ATG and HOF'er.
    Must stick in your craw, huh?
    So his hands were taped and the wraps were applied in a way that did not comply with the rules?

    The rules weren't violated because Hopkins corner member saw the violation while they were applying the wraps and the commission ruled on it and made Papa Trinidad re-wrap the hands.
    Rocco, take your A.D.D. meds n try n focus. Topic is Floyd doing more vs Manny two weeks ago, not the legalities of Titos hand wraps in New York back in 2001. Try and stay on topic.

    rocco

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,801
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    At least, there is some sanity here now.

    As I was trying to emphasize immediately after the fight, Floyd should have done more because he promised us that he will knock Manny and because this is the supposed to be the Fight of the Century. He is being booed everywhere he goes because he truly does not deserve the win in a fight billed as " THE FIGHT" of the century. Now, it has become the "NON-FIGHT of the Century".

    A disgrace to boxing and what it stands for. That is how it will be remembered in history and it makes me frustrated coz I promised to tell this to my children and grandchildren supposedly as one of the best fights I have seen. Now, it has become a reason for many casual fans not to watch boxing anymore.
    You wanted to tell your kids and grand kids about this fight? Manny doesn't show up and you blame Floyd? HAhahaha! Pactard losers!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,344
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1672
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    I've dealt with unruly brats before..... so I have some training in this sort of thing.

    Okaaaay..... here's your quote:


    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Bernard was fight a blown up jr welter who had illegal handwraps to give him power his whole career

    Now..... heeeere's part of my previous post:


    Hand wrapping rules vary from state commission to state commission... and the way Trinidad had his hands wrapped were very legal in every other state. New York has different rules..... Naazim Richardson was keen enough to catch that, and had the hand re-wrapped. Here's an interesting article on hand wrapping for you. It seems the issue with hand wrapping spreads to most boxers, who at some point or another face some sort of questioning from the opposite camp.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/13/sp...xing.html?_r=0

    Here's an excerpt from that article you might find interesting as well....


    "Rules vary from state to state. In California, only gauze and surgical adhesive tape are allowed. In Nevada, trainers can apply only gauze, not tape, to skin. But some keys are universal, Roach said, like spreading the gauze evenly across the fingers, or protecting the knuckles with the right amount of padding".



    Richardson himself defended Trinidad from undue criticism by stating as much.... and making a very pronounced distinction between the Trinidad hand wrapping issue and, say..... what Margacheato was convicted of after the Mosley fight.



    Follow me so far?

    Now, you're older than 10, so I presume you're following my train of thought here.

    You mentioned Trinidad had used illegal hand wraps his entire career. Obviously..... you're wrong. I'm saying this for the second time, but again.... I'm being patient with you because you're a bit slow and I always go the extra mile for the mentally-disadvantaged.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,801
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    624
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

    Talk about a bunch of donkeys that can't stay focused.

    You Pactards blame everyone but Manny for his failure to perform and you blame everyone but yourselves for for being so blind as to not see how Floyd would completely dominate the limited PED user hype job.

    You guys are pathetic!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. FLoyd reunites with Floyd Sr as head trainer!!
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 11:13 PM
  3. Not osacr floyd 2 Shane vs floyd
    By pacdog in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 03:29 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 07:32 AM
  5. Dela Hoya 2/1 to beat Floyd, Floyd 4/11
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing