Thread: Floyd should have done more.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

I SAID..... Pacquiao is a PED user and Tito used illegal hand wraps.
    I hate Pacquiao and I hate Tito!!!!!!

Now leave me alone!!!

Waaahhh!!!!! Waaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I've dealt with unruly brats before..... so I have some training in this sort of thing.

Okaaaay..... here's your quote:

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Bernard was fight a blown up jr welter who had illegal handwraps to give him power his whole career

Now..... heeeere's part of my previous post:

Hand wrapping rules vary from state commission to state commission... and the way Trinidad had his hands wrapped were very legal in every other state. New York has different rules..... Naazim Richardson was keen enough to catch that, and had the hand re-wrapped. Here's an interesting article on hand wrapping for you. It seems the issue with hand wrapping spreads to most boxers, who at some point or another face some sort of questioning from the opposite camp.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/13/sp...xing.html?_r=0

Here's an excerpt from that article you might find interesting as well....

"Rules vary from state to state. In California, only gauze and surgical adhesive tape are allowed. In Nevada, trainers can apply only gauze, not tape, to skin. But some keys are universal, Roach said, like spreading the gauze evenly across the fingers, or protecting the knuckles with the right amount of padding".

Richardson himself defended Trinidad from undue criticism by stating as much.... and making a very pronounced distinction between the Trinidad hand wrapping issue and, say..... what Margacheato was convicted of after the Mosley fight.

Follow me so far?

Now, you're older than 10, so I presume you're following my train of thought here.

You mentioned Trinidad had used illegal hand wraps his entire career. Obviously..... you're wrong. I'm saying this for the second time, but again.... I'm being patient with you because you're a bit slow and I always go the extra mile for the mentally-disadvantaged.
    Papa Trinidad said he wrapped Tito's hands that way for POWER. Without his usual hand wraps he said Tito lacked his power.

The wraps were illegal in NY every time he fought there. So all his middleweight fights in NY were illegal.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've dealt with unruly brats before..... so I have some training in this sort of thing.

Okaaaay..... here's your quote:

Bernard was fight a blown up jr welter who had illegal handwraps to give him power his whole career

Now..... heeeere's part of my previous post:

Hand wrapping rules vary from state commission to state commission... and the way Trinidad had his hands wrapped were very legal in every other state. New York has different rules..... Naazim Richardson was keen enough to catch that, and had the hand re-wrapped. Here's an interesting article on hand wrapping for you. It seems the issue with hand wrapping spreads to most boxers, who at some point or another face some sort of questioning from the opposite camp.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/13/sp...xing.html?_r=0

Here's an excerpt from that article you might find interesting as well....

"Rules vary from state to state. In California, only gauze and surgical adhesive tape are allowed. In Nevada, trainers can apply only gauze, not tape, to skin. But some keys are universal, Roach said, like spreading the gauze evenly across the fingers, or protecting the knuckles with the right amount of padding".

Richardson himself defended Trinidad from undue criticism by stating as much.... and making a very pronounced distinction between the Trinidad hand wrapping issue and, say..... what Margacheato was convicted of after the Mosley fight.

Follow me so far?

Now, you're older than 10, so I presume you're following my train of thought here.

You mentioned Trinidad had used illegal hand wraps his entire career. Obviously..... you're wrong. I'm saying this for the second time, but again.... I'm being patient with you because you're a bit slow and I always go the extra mile for the mentally-disadvantaged.
    Papa Trinidad said he wrapped Tito's hands that way for POWER. Without his usual hand wraps he said Tito lacked his power.

The wraps were illegal in NY every time he fought there. So all his middleweight fights in NY were illegal.

LOL..... looked who blinked.

Now you're changing your tune, backtracking from earlier BS comments... and fumbling all over yourself.
    Sure sign of a lost argument.

You're welcome.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now leave me alone!!!

I was kind. Could've used an uglier picture.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now leave me alone!!!

I was kind. Could've used an uglier picture.

LOL. That is what you get when you make a sane discussion with people who have just gone out from their lucid interval.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You boys love cheaters.

In a sport where people get killed... These types of cheaters are scum and you're disgusting for supporting them.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-15-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Rocco, take your A.D.D. meds n try n focus. Topic is Floyd doing more vs Manny two weeks ago, not the legalities of Titos hand wraps in New York back in 2001. Try and stay on topic.
    It's nice for you to re-join the conversation @mikeeod. Here's my last post that you never addressed Pactard.

Floyd fought differently 15 years ago when he was younger. He is 39 years old now. and was fighting the fighter of the decade, the guy that was supposed to destroy him. The guy who 80% of the public thought was going to KO him. It's his prerogative to fight a defensive fight. As the highest paid boxer ever and the highest paid athlete in the world 3 years running his recent style must be enough to satisfy fans otherwise he wouldn't be the money maker that he is.

YES it's true, Manny has no shoulder injury. He has an ego injury. He has a public image injury. He has an I've been exposed injury, but not a shoulder injury.

Pacquiao reportedly reinjured his shoulder. The initial injury was from a skiing accident from 2008? Manny's strength and conditioning coach of 5 years, hired in 2008, has gone on record as saying that Manny never had a shoulder injury. This is the man who helped Manny win titles from 130, 35, 140, 147 and 154 pounds. During this time he had fights against Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito, Mosely, JMM & Bradley. Where were the signs of an injury during any of those fights? Look at the timeline for these fights...Manny never took any time off. When did this alleged injury occur?
    Surgery is a vague term. It can mean as little a a local anesthetic and a small incision and walkout 15 minutes later. So I'm sure Manny had some kind of surgery. I doubt it was invasive or had anything to do with a pre existing shoulder injury.
    His "surgery" was to repair his damaged image in the Philippines and to the gullible public (that's you).

Bob Arum has a great quote that you may find shocking (since you seem so dim). "Yesterday I was lying, but today I'm telling the truth."
    You've just lost even more credibility with me and solidified/confirmed that you are a troll. I have been equally critical of Manny and Floyd, yet you continue to become frustrated and whine like a child and resort to name calling because I don't gush over Floyd like you do. I've already addressed everything in this post numerous times, so what difference will one more make? You will just regurgitate more nonsense and argue a different set of semantics/nuances. Floyd should've done more in that fight than limit Mannys offense, he should've stepped on the gas for the stoppage. Manny was outclassed, there wasn't really any more he could as Floyd is the larger and better fighter.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd dominated the fight.
    He won almost every round.
    He kept Manny to under 82 connects and less than 500 punches thrown.
    He made Manny look pathetic over 12 rounds.
    I know it would be easier for you Pactards to accept the loss if he had been KO'd -- you're used to seeing him stretched out... but instead Floyd just showed his ultimate superiority by taking Manny the distance and shutting him down every round.

Sorry you can't accept that.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-15-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Why pay sky high price for an old faded Floyd who provides no entertainment value? It is insane and the equivalent of paying these prices to Muhammad Ali after he fought Frazier the third time.

Since when did 80% think Manny would win? Stop making this stuff up Rocco.

HBO did a fan poll before the fight. The numbers were ridiculous in Manny's favour. I'm trying to find the exact stat but it was waaaayyyy off like 80%.
    You know that is Pac Fans. Stop citing stats you know are irrelevant. Floyd was the favourite and he won the fight. Floyd did his usual non entertaining boxing. Floyd will never knock anyone out, what BS he was saying about swimming and cutting wood increasing his power is crap.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why pay sky high price for an old faded Floyd who provides no entertainment value? It is insane and the equivalent of paying these prices to Muhammad Ali after he fought Frazier the third time.

HBO did a fan poll before the fight. The numbers were ridiculous in Manny's favour. I'm trying to find the exact stat but it was waaaayyyy off like 80%.
    You know that is Pac Fans. Stop citing stats you know are irrelevant. Floyd was the favourite and he won the fight. Floyd did his usual non entertaining boxing. Floyd will never knock anyone out, what BS he was saying about swimming and cutting wood increasing his power is crap.
    Mayweather sold 4.4 million PPVs.

Manny has given 4.4 million excuses.

Were you this angry when Ali didn't dance, dance, dance in Zaire? @Master
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-16-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali was the underdog, shocked the world and knocked out his man. Entertainment!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali was the underdog, shocked the world and knocked out his man. Entertainment!
    Floyd was the underdog with the public.

He won almost every round.

Ali said he would dance dance dance.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See below,

Floyd Mayweather was 'skillfully efficient'.

He was a Professional, but his Performance Rating was a B- as an elder boxer.

Muhummad Ali .......... was 'a clown' during the end of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see why Floyd would do more. He is preoccupied at winning, making money and controlling, not pleasing the casual fans

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick45 View Post
    I don't see why Floyd would do more. He is preoccupied at winning, making money and controlling, not pleasing the casual fans
    AND he's not interested in getting brain damage.

Thread Information