Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd should have done more.

I am a big fan of floyd mayweather but he should have done more in his last fight against manny.

I had the fight 8-4 or 7-5 in his favour and watching the fight again a lot of floyds pitty pat Moseley jabs were taken on mannys gloves.

He was the boss on the night and never looked in trouble but he never seemed to have manny in any serious trouble either but it was more frustration.

I agree with floyd Sr that he should have pressed it a bit more with more combinations to cement the win.

Winning is important whether it's an inch or a mile but floyd could have at least shown us a bit more than second gear!

I know that's how he fights and he plays an excellent chess game but at least one of the rounds he could have shown alittle bit of the beast mode.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He won. That's what he always does.
    Look, I'm not falling for this BS of Floyd Sr. suddenly becoming critical of what Floyd does in the ring. The words were probably put in his mouth by Floyd.
    Part of Floyd's exit strategy? Maybe? I don't take anything at face value that comes from Floyd's camp.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd should have done more.

Floyd did EVERYTHING.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd total dominated manny I had it 9-3 and I only gave manny a 3rd round because I felt I needed too, really 1 sided fight not sure what else floyd could of done to be honest.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd won the fight, without a doubt, and I can see a solid case for 9-3, or even 10-2. That being said, I feel that the fight and performance by both competitors was underwhelming. I know many will just say "that's just Floyd's style" and point to his defensive brilliance, and maybe they are right. For me, I compare his performance to Pernell Whitaker, another defensive whiz who took on his biggest threat in Julio Ceasar Chavez and Sweet Pea was much more impressive offensively. To put in perspective, Ehitaker was credited with landing 311 punches (and he stood right in front of Chavez and was so slick he shut down an offensive juggernaut) where Floyd landed 148. Floyd is extremely effective in the ring and a great boxer, but I don't see myself buying anymore of his fights or even caring much if he wins or loses, his last fight was enough for me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have loved to have seen him get aggressive and close the show, but he's at a point now where he's going to take ZERO risk and just focus on retiring undefeated.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I would have loved to have seen him get aggressive and close the show, but he's at a point now where he's going to take ZERO risk and just focus on retiring undefeated.
    Bean-Hole

Maybe you would have 'loved' to see Floyd smash the little guy's face in, and dislodge his brain.

Is that what you're saying.

You're probably the type of guy who enjoyed watching Muhammad Ali getting his brain
    'scrambled apart' by Larry Holmes.

~ You're one sick Bastard ~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Floyd won the fight, without a doubt, and I can see a solid case for 9-3, or even 10-2. That being said, I feel that the fight and performance by both competitors was underwhelming. I know many will just say "that's just Floyd's style" and point to his defensive brilliance, and maybe they are right. For me, I compare his performance to Pernell Whitaker, another defensive whiz who took on his biggest threat in Julio Ceasar Chavez and Sweet Pea was much more impressive offensively. To put in perspective, Ehitaker was credited with landing 311 punches (and he stood right in front of Chavez and was so slick he shut down an offensive juggernaut) where Floyd landed 148. Floyd is extremely effective in the ring and a great boxer, but I don't see myself buying anymore of his fights or even caring much if he wins or loses, his last fight was enough for me.
    Wasn't Parnell 10 years younger than floyd in that fight ? At floyds age pernell was getting stopped by Carlos bojorquez.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Floyd total dominated manny I had it 9-3 and I only gave manny a 3rd round because I felt I needed too, really 1 sided fight not sure what else floyd could of done to be honest.
    What you did not give Manny the 4th round where he rocked Floyd?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd should have done more!

I am unsure if he was unable to because Manny is good or that he could not be bothered since he does not fancy it any more.

Either way Floyd is not worth the money he is paid and he is laughing all the way to the bank because he is on a fat contract and getting away with his non-entertainment.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post

Bean-Hole

Maybe you would have 'loved' to see Floyd smash the little guy's face in, and dislodge his brain.

Is that what you're saying.

You're probably the type of guy who enjoyed watching Muhammad Ali getting his brain
    'scrambled apart' by Larry Holmes.

~ You're one sick Bastard ~
    Go make another useless thread with a fake quote, stupid.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What you did not give Manny the 4th round where he rocked Floyd?
    Yea I gave manny the 4th 6th and 10th but the 10th was close just saying manny only had two strong rounds

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd's injuries kept him from getting the KO. Riiiiight?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum

"Hey Floyd, make it look good, and keep it somewhat close."

"We're talking rematch for late this year, or early 2016."

That's possibly, another '9' figure pay-day, of course less my 'cut'. Hee Hee."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Wasn't Parnell 10 years younger than floyd in that fight ? At floyds age pernell was getting stopped by Carlos bojorquez.
    Yes, Pea was about ten years younger. That was just one example though. When Evander Holyfield was hyped to fight Tyson the first time, regardless of his actual age he was ancient in terms of wars n wear n tear. Despite those limitations he put on a hell of a performance and got the stoppage win. BHOP was close to Floyds age when he fought Tito, another big hype match up. Hop put on an ATG performance and destroyed Tito.

Look, Floyd is the best of his generation and a very skilled fighter. He is great at doing just enough to win rounds and "dominate" a fight. He is also very boring to watch and vs Pac could have stepped on the gas and taken some risks to give the fans their money's worth and he never did. So, I don't hate the guy or think he's a bum or coward, but I have zero interest in ever paying to watch him negate the other guys offense for 12 rounds again. If that is worth 50-100 bucks to U to see, knock urself out.

Thread Information