Thread: Omar Figueroa looked terrible.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Omar Figueroa looked terrible.

Figueroa has never looked good. Was very poor against Estrada who is pretty poor. Hit far too easily against a weak Arakawa and a shot Ricky Burns gave him a good run. He is not big or strong enough to move up and be competitive in my opinion. Matthysse or Provodnikov would ice him and neither are champs at the weight. Crawford, Garcia, Postol and even Broner beat him quite easily I think. His best shot would probably be against Peterson and id still fancy Peterson here.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

First off, do you know where I can see the full fight. I only caught the first few rounds as I had to work. Second, I'm a big Omar fan. I think he is a bit to dedicated at giving the fans an action fight to his own detriment. Have you seen interviews with him, seems like a truly nice kid. He was apparently being scouted by the pros as he was an excellent picture. Very bright guy but seems he thinks the best defense is overwhelming offense. I have yet to see him in a boring fight. He also looks better each time out but I fear if he didn't developer an effective defense he may not be long in the ring. I have been dodging most of these threads as I still need to see the fight. If anyone has a link I will be much appreciated. Bottom line, I'm big on Figs, hope he developed a good defense and has a long successful career. I've actually been following him since did first pro fight and it may seem strange but his defense has actually improved quite a bit. He's young, hopefully he can refine a bit because he is a class act and an exciting fighter. I think he's been having a lot of hand trouble lately, in all honesty, he's one of my favorite up and comers at this time. Once again, anyone got a link or a suggestion, I checked youtube once and it either wasn't up yet or was taken down.
    Omar isn't dedicated to anything. Came in overweight and fleshy and Burns outworked him and won it quite easy for me. Omar was exhausted at the end too. He would get absolutely murdered by any top ten junior welter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He does not have a style that looks polished... He will look terrible vs various durable styles throughout his career

Thread Information