Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I'm, absolutely, not going to call it a love/hate relationship for obvious reasons.
    Every time somebody trys to tell us how bad, boring, stupid, or light punching Floyd is, I feel compelled to defend him. I'll say something about how he makes very good fighters look bad, always figures out a way to win, and makes more money than any fighter ever has, while always winning.
    On the other hand, when someone try's to tell us that Floyd is the best ever, his fights are all things of beauty, and if you don't agree you are a racist pig I feel compelled to attack Floyd. I'll say something about how Floyd is the most predictable fighter ever, his fights are usually exciting for 2 or 3 rounds and then he starts picking them apart, watching Floyd fight is like watching a traffic signal you always know what's coming next.
    Anybody else have this defend/attack thing going on with Floyd.😍😡
    More or less paddling in that same canoe with a few differences. I dont find him boring in the ring and my major beef with the guy is more philosophical but ends in the same place. Its his safety first style outside the ring and the litany of excuses that seem to flow whenever that practice is put into question. Sure he's beaten a few title holders but he lives in an era of 100 belts. He may have 2 or 3 HOF's on his lodge pole but he fought them all well past their prime. In many ways he's responsible for changing what "risk and reward" entails, choosing the road most traveled, not going down certain roads or waiting on someone to go down the road first. Money replaced legacy and once he split with Arum he went on to do what Oscar did but in many ways eliminated the risks Oscar took. He never unified a division because he didn't have to right. There was always some kind of excuse as to why he never fought X going back to Shane. And in addition PPV has absolutely nothing to do with the quality on the field but people somehow equate that with the act of fighting He' a dominant fighter and an exceptional boxer who is definitely in the conversation of a top 25 atg but he could have done so much more. He retired for about 5 years at times conveniently and has essentially been beating up on the same style of fighter for 15 years. Those who did not fit that style he fought 10 years out of their prime.

I believe Historians will weight the when much more then the what.
    Great post. Rational, well thought out and very well articulated. I concur with pretty much everything u wrote. Rocco is no doubt in his mommy's basement right now crying and throwing a tantrum.
    Last edited by mikeeod; 05-16-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Paxtom View Post
    One of '3 things that Floyd can't do.

I agree with @Beanflicker, you really are a waste of space on here.
    That doesn't count for much, seeing that you're Bean-Flickers....... BITCH.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's amazing how no one has stepped up with any suggestion if who else may be TBE!

If it's not Floyd with all his wins and money and titles in 5 weight divisions and records broken and contributions to making the sport more safe and being his own boss and still being healthy and still dominating the fighter of the decade and people's champ...

Then who is it?

Who has better stats than that?

ANYONE gonna answer this?
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 05-17-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bill Paxtom doesn't like flicking beans, he's more into giving blow jobs, playing the old rusty trombone and doing the big pillow bite hahaha
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have an attack attack thing for Floyd. He is an ATG not TBE and he does not stand to scrutiny for that accolade. He is a prick outside the ring and provides no entertainment value inside. The sooner he retires the better. He is obscenely overpaid for what he does in that ring.

Great post Master

Ive been called a "Floyd Hater" for saying uncomplimentary things about him but its my honest opinion

No one doubts his incredible God Given boxing talents BUT in my mind he really has not made the best use of them. Had he manned up & faced Pacquaio, Margarito ,Williams etc he may well have beaten them all. Even if he hadn't his legacy would be far better than it is today Floyd lacks confidence in his own ability I think, He will only fight in Vegas where he has all the legal advantages plus some not so legal too.
    I'm surprised no one has commented on the fall out from the so called fight of the century. The NSAC accused of sabotaging Pac's chances by first OK ing painkillers for his injured shoulder then at last minute denying him claiming they didn't know he was injured ROFL This apparently caused one of the NSAC commissioners to resign immediately in disgust & embarrassment for the way they treated Pacquaio. He'd been a commissioner for 9 years too
    Ive said it many times before & its looks like my6 fears were substantiated Vegas/NSAC is CORRUPT!!! this could only happen in boxing. I hope heads roll over thid. What it really needs is one INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION get rid of state level corruption
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of '3 things that Floyd can't do.

I agree with @Beanflicker, you really are a waste of space on here.
    See that post has no meaning, as you didn't post it in quotes. I was expecting some made up fan-fiction like story between us, where you talk for me and then own the imaginary quote I said. That sure would put me in my place.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BZKFN,

Cannot be trusted as a 'fair-and-balanced' poster. He is a hack-poster for another Boxing Site.

Also, as Floyd Mayweather's {Pool Boy}, he may have a 'pro' view of Floyd when discussing the
    World's Greatest Boxer.

Try to keep it Fair and Balanced.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BZKFN,

Cannot be trusted as a 'fair-and-balanced' poster. He is a hack-poster for another Boxing Site.

Also, as Floyd Mayweather's {Pool Boy}, he may have a 'pro' view of Floyd when discussing the
    World's Greatest Boxer.

I'm not on any other boxing site. Saddo is as close to social networking as I get. And I'm hardly a Floyd fan boy. I appreciate him, but I've rooted against him many times, but you've only been here 2 minutes so you wouldn't know shit about that. Try again chief.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BZKFN,

World's Greatest Boxer.

I'm not on any other boxing site. Saddo is as close to social networking as I get. And I'm hardly a Floyd fan boy. I appreciate him, but I've rooted against him many times, but you've only been here 2 minutes so you wouldn't know shit about that. Try again chief.
    "Hey, I know you. You are that filthy 'bloke' who keeps going through my trash looking
    for foul items. Pervert."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bill Paxtom posts pictures of girls to represent and speak for him.

He obviously thinks of himself a massive pussy.

The ignore list was made for guys like that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you think Bill does when he's not posting here? Do you think he writes stories about him winning the heart of the cute 20-something who lives down the street? Or maybe he writes Star Wars fan fiction with him as the guest jedi? What a queer

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Bill Paxtom posts pictures of girls to represent and speak for him.

He obviously thinks of himself a massive pussy.
    This is a very good point.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    What do you think Bill does when he's not posting here? Do you think he writes stories about him winning the heart of the cute 20-something who lives down the street? Or maybe he writes Star Wars fan fiction with him as the guest jedi? What a queer
    ...but he's always choosing starlets from 20-40 years ago so I'm guessing he's a 57 year old virgin.

Star Wars fan fiction writer for sure.

Kicked out of the position of President of the Spice Girls Fan Club he started because he stalked them.

Secret dream date: Justin Beiber.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...but he's always choosing starlets from 20-40 years ago so I'm guessing he's a 57 year old virgin.

Kicked out of the position of President of the Spice Girls Fan Club he started because he stalked them.

Hey Rocco,

Why don't you take out your teeth {dentures}, put them in backwards and bite yourself to death.

You Old Man.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Rocco,

Why don't you take out your teeth {dentures}, put them in backwards and bite yourself to death.

You Old Man.
    Oops! Someone touched a nerve. Just saying.

Thread Information