Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

I'm, absolutely, not going to call it a love/hate relationship for obvious reasons.
    Every time somebody trys to tell us how bad, boring, stupid, or light punching Floyd is, I feel compelled to defend him. I'll say something about how he makes very good fighters look bad, always figures out a way to win, and makes more money than any fighter ever has, while always winning.
    On the other hand, when someone try's to tell us that Floyd is the best ever, his fights are all things of beauty, and if you don't agree you are a racist pig I feel compelled to attack Floyd. I'll say something about how Floyd is the most predictable fighter ever, his fights are usually exciting for 2 or 3 rounds and then he starts picking them apart, watching Floyd fight is like watching a traffic signal you always know what's coming next.
    Anybody else have this defend/attack thing going on with Floyd.😍😡

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

If he is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    If he is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?
    Sir, read the entire post. Do you really think the thread is about badmouthing Floyd?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Sir, read the entire post. Do you really think the thread is about badmouthing Floyd?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Typical, and disappointingly nut huggerish. 😁

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's a fine way to talk about your mother lolol

/thread
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did I suggest your post was bad mouthing Floyd? I'm pointing out that he must not be as predictable as you suggest. That is all.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If fhe is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?a
    Did I suggest your post was bad mouthing Floyd? I'm pointing out that he must not be as predictable as you suggest. That is all.
    You asking for an apology? If so, I'm sorry. Your post was not as nut huggerish as I thought. Lol

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If fhe is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simSple traffic light like pattern?a
    You asking for an apology? If so, I'm sorry. Your post was not as nut huggerish as I thought. Lol

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm, absolutely, not going to call it a love/hate relationship for obvious reasons.
    Every time somebody trys to tell us how bad, boring, stupid, or light punching Floyd is, I feel compelled to defend him. I'll say something about how he makes very good fighters look bad, always figures out a way to win, and makes more money than any fighter ever has, while always winning.
    On the other hand, when someone try's to tell us that Floyd is the best ever, his fights are all things of beauty, and if you don't agree you are a racist pig I feel compelled to attack Floyd. I'll say something about how Floyd is the most predictable fighter ever, his fights are usually exciting for 2 or 3 rounds and then he starts picking them apart, watching Floyd fight is like watching a traffic signal you always know what's coming next.
    I've kinda swung. I used to hate him, but you have to appreciate the skill it takes to dominate so many top fighters. For me I've come to enjoy his fights because watching him pick top fighters apart by hitting and not getting hit is special, the guy is a master of his craft. I've come to accept Wladimir Klitschko for the same reason. It seems the formula to beat Wlad is simple, get inside and bang him on his glass chin but nobody has been able to do it in a long time. While their fights seem boring, it's only boring because it's not competitive. You may not enjoy watching it, but dominating an era deserves to be respected and appreciated.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I've kinda swung. I used to hate him, but you have to appreciate the skill it takes to dominate so many top fighters. For me I've come to enjoy his fights because watching him pick top fighters apart by hitting and not getting hit is special, the guy is a master of his craft. I've come to accept Wladimir Klitschko for the same reason. It seems the formula to beat Wlad is simple, get inside and bang him on his glass chin but nobody has been able to do it in a long time. While their fights seem boring, it's only boring because it's not competitive. You may not enjoy watching it, but dominating an era deserves to be respected and appreciated.
    Dude, great post, I could have written the exact same thing you wrote and meant every word. Thanks, very well said. I feel the same about both Wlad and Floyd although Floyd I've always appreciated but Wlad took more time fir me to appreciate him, which I do very much so now, also, he seems like a decent guy in interviews I've seen.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Dude, great post, I could have written the exact same thing you wrote and meant every word. Thanks, very well said. I feel the same about both Wlad and Floyd although Floyd I've always appreciated but Wlad took more time fir me to appreciate him, which I do very much so now, also, he seems like a decent guy in interviews I've seen.
    Thanks dude, I think sometimes quality is lost on some people on this forum. I've been guilty of it to in the past, so I can't over-criticize. Sometimes fighters prove you wrong.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have an attack attack thing for Floyd. He is an ATG not TBE and he does not stand to scrutiny for that accolade. He is a prick outside the ring and provides no entertainment value inside. The sooner he retires the better. He is obscenely overpaid for what he does in that ring.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I have an attack attack thing for Floyd. He is an ATG not TBE and he does not stand to scrutiny for that accolade. He is a prick outside the ring and provides no entertainment value inside. The sooner he retires the better. He is obscenely overpaid for what he does in that ring.
    See @Master, while I agree with your statement about him being overpaid for what he does, you can't say he provides no entertainment value as he's paid that much because his viewing figures suggest people want to watch him fight. Also, me and a few others on here actually enjoy watching him fight. He's classless outside the ring, but all class in there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Great post Master

Ive been called a "Floyd Hater" for saying uncomplimentary things about him but its my honest opinion

No one doubts his incredible God Given boxing talents BUT in my mind he really has not made the best use of them. Had he manned up & faced Pacquaio, Margarito ,Williams etc he may well have beaten them all. Even if he hadn't his legacy would be far better than it is today Floyd lacks confidence in his own ability I think, He will only fight in Vegas where he has all the legal advantages plus some not so legal too.
    I'm surprised no one has commented on the fall out from the so called fight of the century. The NSAC accused of sabotaging Pac's chances by first OK ing painkillers for his injured shoulder then at last minute denying him claiming they didn't know he was injured ROFL This apparently caused one of the NSAC commissioners to resign immediately in disgust & embarrassment for the way they treated Pacquaio. He'd been a commissioner for 9 years too
    Ive said it many times before & its looks like my6 fears were substantiated Vegas/NSAC is CORRUPT!!! this could only happen in boxing. I hope heads roll over thid. What it really needs is one INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION get rid of state level corruption
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Thread Information