Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch v Golovkin

If if happens, what a great matchup.

Froch has proven time and time again that he is the real deal. Teak tough, great chin, always fit and he can seriously hit. Totally proven, and we probably know everything about Froch the fighter.

Golovkin is much more unknown. He has been blasting through guys, cutting off the ring beautifully, carrying devastating power even with half shots. He looks easy to hit, but has shown a good chin.

All the questions here are around Golovkin. Can he carry his power up to a higher weight? What happens if he gets hit by a serious puncher like Froch. What happens when his opponent doesn't just try to survive?

I think Golovkin might surprise us all in this fight. I think he comes out fast to try and catch Froch cold (as others have done early on. Froch can be hurt early on before he has go his rhythm and I think Golovkin will pounce on this. I wonder why people always run from GGG and we will find out if his footwork is so good that people are always forced back under pressure.

Golovkin likes to fight at closer range than Carl, so I can see Frichsbextra weight ans strength negating him in the inside.

If Carl bullies Golovkin up close, I think GGG pulls his rabbit out of a hat. He was a stand out amateur, and I do think this murderous punching assassin can outbox Carl through the middle and final rounds for a points decision.

There, I said it

Clearly the opposite will now happen
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this fight does happen, and they do chose Wembley...When would it take place? They need to sort this fight out soon to prepare the correct card for it. A lot of the top matchroom fighters already have dates this summer sorted. It will obviousley be PPV but if its at wembley they would need a solid undercard too, which would keep the fans happy.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It won't happen. Froch will retire now and it's probably for the best as Groves ruined him

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    It won't happen. Froch will retire now and it's probably for the best as Groves ruined him
    Last time I remember, Groves was asleep on the canvas having suffered a potential KO of the year ?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its possible that Froch looks at this fight as he did the Abraham fight and thinks he can play it the same way with the smaller guy.

Differences are apparent between Abraham and GGG (speed and ring generalship)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Golovkin may have been a great amateur but lets not forget froch was no slouch either.

Regarding the groves rematch we know froch was going take over and likely stop him anytime from round 7 onwards no matter what.

Groves was a lucky douche and I'd like to see him fight brian Magee because he would struggle lol

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    If this fight does happen, and they do chose Wembley...When would it take place? They need to sort this fight out soon to prepare the correct card for it. A lot of the top matchroom fighters already have dates this summer sorted. It will obviousley be PPV but if its at wembley they would need a solid undercard too, which would keep the fans happy.
    In September at Wembley is the idea.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When has Froch been in with a huge puncher with the boxing ability of Golovkin? Groves can bang a bit but his boxing ability is not even in the same ball park as Golovkin. Ward can box and spoil but is not known for his power, and Froch had a nightmare against him. Carl's ego could well be his downfall, as it nearly was in the first Groves fight. I don't think he will underestimate GGG in quite the same way but I can see his macho man stuff giving Golovkin the opportunity to land enough spiteful shots to stop him. It's a great potential match up but you can bet your last pennies that the detractors will still not give Golovkin the kudos his performances have earned him, even if he stops Froch spectacularly.

I too get the feeling that GGG will not just try and walk through shots like he has at MW in order to land enough of his own to stop his opponent. He realises how marketable that KO run has made him but he is also savvy enough to realise that beating Froch in any manner, even on points will propel him into an even more formidable position where even bigger names will continue to avoid him

It's a shame if it gives someone else the opportunity to fight for the lineal belt at MW and stops the true king of the current MW's from consolidating that status, because if he goes up and beats Froch, no MW is ever going to want to fight him again.

Bring it on.

Will never happen though
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    When has Froch been in with a huge puncher with the boxing ability of Golovkin? Groves can bang a bit but his boxing ability is not even in the same ball park as Golovkin. Ward can box and spoil but is not known for his power, and Froch had a nightmare against him. Carl's ego could well be his downfall, as it nearly was in the first Groves fight. I don't think he will underestimate GGG in quite the same way but I can see his macho man stuff giving Golovkin the opportunity to land enough spiteful shots to stop him. It's a great potential match up but you can bet your last pennies that the detractors will still not give Golovkin the kudos his performances have earned him, even if he stops Froch spectacularly.

I too get the feeling that GGG will not just try and walk through shots like he has at MW in order to land enough of his own to stop his opponent. He realises how marketable that KO run has made him but he is also savvy enough to realise that beating Froch in any manner, even on points will propel him into an even more formidable position where even bigger names will continue to avoid him

It's a shame if it gives someone else the opportunity to fight for the lineal belt at MW and stops the true king of the current MW's from consolidating that status, because if he goes up and beats Froch, no MW is ever going to want to fight him again.

Bring it on.

Will never happen though
    Here's my response to your good post. Froch has had trouble with speed and slickness, Groves, Dirrell and Ward, all beat him on speed and slickness. GGG isn't too fast and isn't too slick. GGG has never been in with a longer, super middleweight with power. Froch is also a badass and unlike GGG's other opponents, he won't be afraid once he takes a GGG punch.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 05-23-2015 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be nice ggg willing to go up to 168 and go to England.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Kkkkkkkkkkkking
    kkkkkkkkkkkkarl
    frochhhhhhhhhhhhhh

blasts the little fake pussy into the 3rd row before round 4
    Fuck... Froch is gonna lose now :-/
    True that phenomenon. And you're going to have a great month of June
    No! I have important stuff happening in June!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Last time I remember, Groves was asleep on the canvas having suffered a potential KO of the year ?
    Another early stoppage. Groves was pretending to be out, just drawing Froch into a false sense of security. He was just about to get up and finish him when the ref jumped in prematurely. Everyone knows that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

Bring it on.

Will never happen though
    Yea but how many guys who dominate at Middle go on to do the same at 168?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roy Jones and James Toney both carried the weight ok :P

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler looks explosive in comparison to Golovkin. Even Abraham's combination punching looks like rapid fire in relation to Golovkin's.

GGG will look pedestrian.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information