Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post Re: TBEs in other sports

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    TYRUS RAYMOND COBB ....one of the greatest players ever to play baseball. Not a nice guy by any stretch but it's understandable given how he was brought up and having seen his father shot by his mother's lover or some such craziness it's not a surprise he was a bitter asshole.

Jimmie Foxx, Ol' Double X was a phenomenal hitter!

Cy Young, Christy Matthewson, Walter Johnson, Babe Ruth, Bob Feller, Bob Gibson, Satchel Paige, Josh Gibson, Sadaharu Oh, Ichiro, Honus Wagner, Willie Mays, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Rickey Henderson, Jackie Robinson, Ozzie Smith, Carlton Fisk, Carl Yastremski, Cal Ripken, Tony Gwynn, Bo Jackson(again).....we could go on forever.
    No doubt Cobb was great. Gwynn had a chance at hitting four hundred. It is hard to pick TBE but I think it's safe to say Teddy Ballgame was the greatest hitter.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: TBEs in other sports

Not really and I'll explain why, did the Negro Leagues have Mexicans and Dominicans and Cubans playing? Did Japanese players play back then? Fucking hell Cuba STILL doesn't allow their best players to play in the MLB they have to fucking defect! And who is to say that in 30-40 years will India and/or China be supplying better baseball players? Guys that will never have played against Babe Ruth et al.

Disgraceful my ass, it is what it is. It's like in soccer, you have different leagues and guys in the Dutch league score waaaaaaay more goals than English Leagues or Spanish Leagues or Italian or French...are they better worse the same? It's up to people to decide. Sadaharu Oh has WAAAAAAAAAY more homeruns than Barry Bonds...he only played in Japan, you take it for what it is
    Yeah but you know full well there's a big difference between not having black athletes and not having Asian or Latino athletes. In terms of providing pure athletic ability, the black race is THE powerhouse.
    It's like having a world hockey tournament and leaving out Canada and Russia. Sure, there are great players from America, Sweden, Finland, ect, but could the winner of that tournament truly be considered the greatest hockey nation? :roll eyes:

Barry Bonds competed at a time when ANYBODY could play and it truly was the best of the best. Everybody worth a fuck was juicing or taking something, and he whipped ass. Babe Ruth was the best of his time, not the best of all time.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I LOVE these discussions.

A little known stat about Tiger Woods vs. Jack Nicklaus:

Ok, so Jack has 18 major tournament wins vs. Tiger's 14.

Howeverrrrrr.......

Jack also finished 2nd a whopping total of 19 times in major tournaments.
    Greg Norman is 2nd on that list of 2nd place finishes with 8.
    Tiger has six 2nd place finishes in major tournaments.

Jack also had to battle some other greats in their own right throughout his career.
    Palmer, Watson, Player, Trevino, Ballesteros... and a host of other HOF'ers.

Woods had Mickelson and a bunch of no-names to contend with.
    It's only recently that players of the caliber of Rory McIlroy have risen to challenge for the top spot.

Finally... there's the man himself.
    Jack conducted himself with class... in and out of the golf course.
    Tiger is a self-absorbed, obnoxious, sore loser which is why people love Mickelson more.

In summary...... Tiger isn't fit to carry the Golden Bear's jock.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Not really and I'll explain why, did the Negro Leagues have Mexicans and Dominicans and Cubans playing? Did Japanese players play back then? Fucking hell Cuba STILL doesn't allow their best players to play in the MLB they have to fucking defect! And who is to say that in 30-40 years will India and/or China be supplying better baseball players? Guys that will never have played against Babe Ruth et al.

Disgraceful my ass, it is what it is. It's like in soccer, you have different leagues and guys in the Dutch league score waaaaaaay more goals than English Leagues or Spanish Leagues or Italian or French...are they better worse the same? It's up to people to decide. Sadaharu Oh has WAAAAAAAAAY more homeruns than Barry Bonds...he only played in Japan, you take it for what it is
    Yeah but you know full well there's a big difference between not having black athletes and not having Asian or Latino athletes. In terms of providing pure athletic ability, the black race is THE powerhouse.
    It's like having a world hockey tournament and leaving out Canada and Russia. Sure, there are great players from America, Sweden, Finland, ect, but could the winner of that tournament truly be considered the greatest hockey nation? :roll eyes:

Barry Bonds competed at a time when ANYBODY could play and it truly was the best of the best. Everybody worth a fuck was juicing or taking something, and he whipped ass. Babe Ruth was the best of his time, not the best of all time.
    #1: No, no that's not true and I'll prove it to you this way. You get 1-9 the BEST current black baseball players and I'll supply 1-9 Japanese, 1-9 Cuban, 1-9 Dominican, and 1-9 Mexican current players and we'll see who has the better team. Fuck it, we could go ALL TIME in that shit and I'll bet the nations rather than the race wins out.

#2 Barry Bonds WOULD HAVE been great even if he didn't take steroids and with that I am willing to agree on....best all time? best ever? NO FUCKING WAY!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hard to argue against Don Bradman for TBE batsman in cricket.

His career average was 99.94. I think the next best one of all time is 60
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares who the best golfer was, the game stinks, may as well list the greatest lawn bowler of all time.
    How about Gary Kasparov in chess?

I like Federer as TBE in tennis, but PalmerQ had a good point about Nadal. I think it's really hard to argue it isn't one of them either way.
    Usain Bolt is about the most clear cut mentioned so far, because we know without any doubt nobody has ever been faster than him. Track and field events are of course much easier to point out the best, as there is no grey area whatsoever.
    Javier Sotomayor broke the record for mens high jump in 1992 and it still stands, that's pretty incredible when you think about how athletes generally get better.
    I've never followed any team sports closely enough to have an informed opinion in truth, but Steve Nash grew up down the street from where I lived, so he's my pick for the best NBA player ever

El Kabong Guest

College basketball player Pistol Pete....EASILY best ever, 44.2 points PER GAME......BEFORE THE 3 POINT LINE!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#1: No, no that's not true and I'll prove it to you this way. You get 1-9 the BEST current black baseball players and I'll supply 1-9 Japanese, 1-9 Cuban, 1-9 Dominican, and 1-9 Mexican current players and we'll see who has the better team. Fuck it, we could go ALL TIME in that shit and I'll bet the nations rather than the race wins out.
    The Cuban's and Dominican's are black. They have the same African genes that African-Americans do. Generally, blacks are bigger, stronger, and faster than all other races. When's the last time you saw a white, Asian, or Latino guy (or girl) win gold at the 100m dash? Blacks either dominate or are a strong force in every sport they care to participate in. There'd be a lot of current NHLers out of work or in the minor leagues if blacks played hockey in as large numbers as they do other sports.

And this athletic superiority isn't something that popped up over the last 30 years, this goes way way back. So if you were a guy who didn't have to compete against black athletes in a game that relies on athleticism, then no, I don't think you have any claim to be #1 because you were competing in a relatively shallow pool. Imagine if we took all the black people out of the NFL, MLB and (gasp) the NBA. What a fucking joke that would be.

El Kabong Guest

The Cuban's and Dominican's are black. They have the same African genes that African-Americans do. Generally, blacks are bigger, stronger, and faster than all other races. When's the last time you saw a white, Asian, or Latino guy (or girl) win gold at the 100m dash? Blacks either dominate or are a strong force in every sport they care to participate in. There'd be a lot of current NHLers out of work or in the minor leagues if blacks played hockey in as large numbers as they do other sports.

And this athletic superiority isn't something that popped up over the last 30 years, this goes way way back. So if you were a guy who didn't have to compete against black athletes in a game that relies on athleticism, then no, I don't think you have any claim to be #1 because you were competing in a relatively shallow pool. Imagine if we took all the black people out of the NFL, MLB and (gasp) the NBA. What a fucking joke that would be.
    When's the last time you saw a black "strongest man in the world" eh Mr. Bigger Faster Stronger? There are like 5 black people in the whole of baseball and CC Sabathia is 3 of those

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I LOVE these discussions.

A little known stat about Tiger Woods vs. Jack Nicklaus:

Ok, so Jack has 18 major tournament wins vs. Tiger's 14.

Howeverrrrrr.......

Jack also finished 2nd a whopping total of 19 times in major tournaments.
    Greg Norman is 2nd on that list of 2nd place finishes with 8.
    Tiger has six 2nd place finishes in major tournaments.

Jack also had to battle some other greats in their own right throughout his career.
    Palmer, Watson, Player, Trevino, Ballesteros... and a host of other HOF'ers.

Woods had Mickelson and a bunch of no-names to contend with.
    It's only recently that players of the caliber of Rory McIlroy have risen to challenge for the top spot.

Finally... there's the man himself.
    Jack conducted himself with class... in and out of the golf course.
    Tiger is a self-absorbed, obnoxious, sore loser which is why people love Mickelson more.

In summary...... Tiger isn't fit to carry the Golden Bear's jock.
    I don't really know shit about the history of golf, I just figured Tiger was the go-to answer.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When's the last time you saw a black "strongest man in the world" eh Mr. Bigger Faster Stronger? There are like 5 black people in the whole of baseball and CC Sabathia is 3 of those
    Blacks don't do that shit, that's for roided up Europeans.

Those guys are strong but most of them are shit athletically, slow as fuck. I saw that fucking guy Mariusz Pudianowski fight in MMA and it was pathetic.

When you're talking about EXPLOSIVE athleticism, it's the blacks.

El Kabong Guest

JJ Watt super black ain't he?

El Kabong Guest

But hey if you want to declare blacks "the super race" you go right ahead, I'll just step on into the background of THAT argument Herr Comrade

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Athletically they are superior (higher natural testosterone levels). And if you look at the number of blacks playing professional sports compared to the number of blacks in the States compared to other races, then you can't really deny it. They make up like 13% of America's population but 70-75% of all football and basketball players.

But if you want to go the PC route and say blacks and whites are exactly the same athletically... you're still losing a ton of competition by not letting them play.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Athletically they are superior (higher natural testosterone levels). And if you look at the number of blacks playing professional sports compared to the number of blacks in the States compared to other races, then you can't really deny it. They make up like 13% of America's population but 70-75% of all football and basketball players.

But if you want to go the PC route and say blacks and whites are exactly the same athletically... you're still losing a ton of competition by not letting them play.
    I've read that some of this was caused by slavery. For a long period only the toughest blacks ie strongest blacks could make through those times. Terrible thing I know, don't know if it's been scientifically proven or just some reading I did but the theory was brought up.

Thread Information