Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: '88 Tyson DESTROYS '66 Ali

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    @AdamGB another post in which you point that out, another post in which you 'blame' the ~ref~ for `calling` too many <warnings> against 'Ali'.
    Who said anything about refs or warninGs? Don't put words in my mouth.

It's not polite to put stuff in other men's mouths Brock...
    Why the capital 'G' in ~warninGs~, Adam? I know, you 'accidentally' `"`thumbed`"` the <SHIFT> key. Now THAT is polite.
    No shift key on a phone.

Thumbs down for you

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Clay was great in his era , but lots of fighters would have beaten him.

Name any fighter that would have even come close to beating Ali prior to his enforced 3 1/2 year lay off. There wasn't one
    Remember we were robbed of seeing the prime Ali by politics. Ali wasn't the same fighter when he came back but he adapted & still beat them all.
    Did you hear what Sonny Liston said after Clay-Liston 1 He said " They told me that boy couldn't punch... They LIED" !!!!!!!!!!!!

No we didn't see Clay because he chose not to fight for the country that had made him rich , because he was a coward.
    Ali was far from a coward. It would have been easier to be inducted and do public tours and events. Instead he gave up millions, hated by many (including Bill Paxtom who has not forgiven him til this day) and gave up prime years of his career because of his political/religious convictions.

Ali was later proved right.
    Cassius Clay was a 'Moral Coward'.

He didn't just walk away in 1967. Doing that would have showed 'massive balls'.

The guy had 'a litany' of Lawyers doing his fighting for him.

That is a Correct Statement.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't say that. Or you will make him cry. Look, the 'Emperor' has no clothes, and neither do I."

Leslie Ann Warren.......... 'Oh Yummy'

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-29-2015 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@AdamGB another post in which you point that out, another post in which you 'blame' the ~ref~ for `calling` too many <warnings> against 'Ali'.

Why the capital 'G' in ~warninGs~, Adam? I know, you 'accidentally' `"`thumbed`"` the <SHIFT> key. Now THAT is polite.
    No shift key on a phone.

Thumbs down for you
    You must have the 'Sears Special' phone. All i-phones have shift keys on their keyboards. That, combined with your small size and soggy bun, leave you finishing in dead last.
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 05-29-2015 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Adam GB Hamburger ~special~ Thurs. nite deal

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson had too much power for Ali. Guys like Ken Norton shattered Ali's skull with looping right hands and average-strength left hooks. Watch this fight and look at the damage to Ali's skull and brain:

Tyson would absolutely KILL Ali. Inside 6 rounds. Too much brute force and power and he would get inside and destroy him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Floyd Patterson had the same style and he was extremely fast as well....how'd that work out?
    Pshh now I know you ain't comparing Floyd Patterson and prime Tyson.

Kevin Rooney had the same style too. Mike made that shit work like no one else... come on man!

Power punchers have to set their feet....Tyson wouldn't have been able to get those feet set vs Ali, I'm sorry man but Tyson was human even in 1988.

Tyson was one of those rare individuals (back in late 80's) who could knock your head into the 10th row with a massive hook that would connect while both feet were off the ground. So while conventional wisdom says power punchers have to set their feet.... Tyson was a whole 'nother animal back then. Also agree with Bean about please not comparing Patterson to Tyson in any shape or form. No way.... no how. Tyson was faster.... and logarithmically more powerful.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No shift key on a phone.

Thumbs down for you

You must have the 'Sears Special' phone. All i-phones have shift keys on their keyboards. That, combined with your small size and soggy bun, leave you finishing in dead last.
    I think you're referring the caps modifier

Have salad with the burger, no fries for you... I've seen you jiggling up that hill and tossing pebbles off it.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing about the Cus system; it is reflex based. Being so square you always have to react to straight punches. When Floyd slowed a bit he moved his feet into a more traditional stance. Tyson stuck to the system.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Floyd Patterson had the same style and he was extremely fast as well....how'd that work out?
    Pshh now I know you ain't comparing Floyd Patterson and prime Tyson.

Kevin Rooney had the same style too. Mike made that shit work like no one else... come on man!

Power punchers have to set their feet....Tyson wouldn't have been able to get those feet set vs Ali, I'm sorry man but Tyson was human even in 1988.

Tyson was one of those rare individuals (back in late 80's) who could knock your head into the 10th row with a massive hook that would connect while both feet were off the ground. So while conventional wisdom says power punchers have to set their feet.... Tyson was a whole 'nother animal back then. Also agree with Bean about please not comparing Patterson to Tyson in any shape or form. No way.... no how. Tyson was faster.... and logarithmically more powerful.
    I agree, Tyson was great at getting in on guys. Quick feet, jabbed his way in, and lunged in with fast punches if he had to. I mean you look at a guy like Liston... he was moving in slow motion compared to Tyson. Mike was just a different beast, if Ali was going to beat him he was going to have to go through hell to do it. There's no way Ali dances around Mike for 12-15 rounds like he's tiptoeing through the tulips, that just wouldn't happen.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

Brockton Tyson isn't Ken Norton and styles make fights.

As for the jumping left hook...when launching Mike would have to have set his feet in order to get that leaping left hook off.

Again Ali is all wrong for Tyson

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Computer Program ~ Atlantic 707-XR

Mike Tyson Defeats Cassius Clay By 15-Round Decision

Round 1 is 'Even', as Mike Tyson purses a circling Cassius Clay. Neither fighter lands an
    effective punch.

Mike Tyson's constant pressure and hard-hitting carries him successfully in Rounds 2 thru 4.

In Round 5, during an exchange, Tyson 'rattles' Clay with a hard left-hook to the jaw, sending
    Cassius back outside and moving away, by circling to his left.

Tyson continues with heavy-pressure and short power-punches during Rounds 6, 7 and 8.

Each time that Tyson lands a left-hook to the head, Clay is jolted. But the fleet-footed Clay
    does not go down, and relies on his quick-feet to keep him from getting nailed from Tyson's
    follow ups.

Also, Clay uses his long-arms to tie up Tyson when he gets in too-close.

In Round 9, Clay finally has a 'winning' Round, as he is able to score with left-jabs from
    the perimeter, as Tyson has slowed down a bit with his aggressive pressure attack.

Clay continues with his jabbing in Round 10, and is doing well for the first {1:30}. But out
    of nowhere, Tyson explodes with a barrage, and lands a big left-hook on Clay's jaw that
    staggers him, and sends him reeling backwards and into the Corner.

Clay is hurt, and Tyson moves in and starts digging in with short 'Ram-Rod' punches that have
    Clay bending in pain.

But Clay 'grabs' Tyson and holds on tightly, preventing him from landing a finisher. Tyson tries
    to break free from the Clay's arms and starts to hit at the Belt-Line. After throwing '3' left-hands
    on the 'line', Clay is asking the Referee for help at the {2:00 Mark}.

Referee - John Thomas moves in and calls > "Break. Hold it right there Tyson."

The Referee sends Tyson to a 'Neutral-Corner', and allows Cassius time to recover from the
    low-blows.

Cassius takes a 'full' 2-Minutes to get his 'balls' out his stomach.

Referee - John Thomas walks over to Mike Tyson and yells >
    "That's all I want to see of that Shit. You do that one more time, and I just may Disqualify you.
    Do you hear me. Keep them above the 'black' Belt-Line."

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Computer Program ~ Atlantic 707-XR

Mike Tyson Defeats Cassius Clay By 15-Round Decision

Round 1 is 'Even', as Mike Tyson purses a circling Cassius Clay. Neither fighter lands an
    effective punch.

Mike Tyson's constant pressure and hard-hitting carries him successfully in Rounds 2 thru 4,
    as Cassius is forced to back away and circle.

In Round 5, during an exchange, Tyson 'rattles' Clay with a hard left-hook to the jaw, sending
    Cassius back outside and moving away, and circling to his left.

Tyson continues with heavy-pressure and short power-punches during Rounds 6 and 7.

Each time that Tyson lands a left-hook to the head, Clay is jolted. But the fleet-footed Clay
    does not go down, and relies on his quick-feet to keep him from getting nailed from Tyson's
    follow ups.

Also, Clay uses his long-arms to tie up Tyson when he gets in too-close.

In Round 8, Clay finally has a 'winning' Round, as he is able to score with left-jabs from
    the perimeter, as Tyson has slowed down a bit with his aggressive pressure attack.

Clay continues with his jabbing in Round 9, and is doing well for the first {1:30}. But out
    of nowhere, Tyson explodes with a barrage, and lands a big left-hook on Clay's jaw that
    'staggers' him, and sends him reeling backwards and into a Corner.

Clay is hurt, and Tyson moves in and starts digging in with short 'Ram-Rod' punches that have
    Clay bending in pain.

But Clay 'grabs' Tyson and holds on tightly, preventing him from landing a finisher. Tyson tries
    to break free from the Clay's arms and starts to hit at the Belt-Line. After throwing '3' left-hands
    on the 'line', Clay is asking the Referee for help at the {2:00 Mark}.

Referee - John Thomas moves in and calls > "Break. Hold it right there Tyson."

The Referee sends Tyson to a 'Neutral-Corner', and allows Cassius time to recover from the
    low-blows.

Cassius takes a 'full' 2-Minutes to get his 'balls' out his stomach.

Referee - John Thomas walks over to Mike Tyson and yells >
    "That's all I want to see of that Shit. You do that one more time, and I just may Disqualify you.
    Do you hear me. Keep them above the 'black' Belt-Line."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It be a pick em fight it is not like they have face a caliber of fighter like one another i think Ali might faced guys closer to Tyson then the other way around. It would be a dirty fight with alot of holding running and jabbing but i think Ali could get the win but i would not put money on it.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No shift key on a phone.

Thumbs down for you

I think you're referring the caps modifier

Have salad with the burger, no fries for you... I've seen you jiggling up that hill and tossing pebbles off it.
    ....indeed, which you misused on the "warninGs" gem.

As for salads, you sure are a tosser mOOOOOHAHAHA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post
    Clay was great in his era , but lots of fighters would have beaten him.

Name any fighter that would have even come close to beating Ali prior to his enforced 3 1/2 year lay off. There wasn't one
    Remember we were robbed of seeing the prime Ali by politics. Ali wasn't the same fighter when he came back but he adapted & still beat them all.
    Did you hear what Sonny Liston said after Clay-Liston 1 He said " They told me that boy couldn't punch... They LIED" !!!!!!!!!!!!

No we didn't see Clay because he chose not to fight for the country that had made him rich , because he was a coward.

Absolutely untrue. Ali was a very brave man . He was a devout Muslim & lived by their laws. Whether you agree with his beliefs or not is immaterial you are calling him a coward. Ali could have just up & left the country gone to Canada or England I'm sure they'd have welcomed him there & let him fight. But as he said he would He STAYED put faced the music what ever they decided to do with him. If he refused induction because he was a coward & used hisw religious beliefs as an excuse explain why he is STILL as devout believer 50 yrs later
    Like Ive said many times before a certain William Jefferson Clinton bailed out to avoid the draft he went to England. What was his punishment for cowardice?? You made him President of the United States>!!! I rest my case
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C J Rock,

You are 'very wrong' on Cassius Clay just up and leaving, and going to Canada or England
    to live and continue boxing.

#1 > The United States Justice Department 'yanked' his Passport.

#2 > No other country wanted him.

#3 > All of the other Boxing Commissions {other Countries} followed in suit what the
    NYSAC {New York State Athletic Commission} did, which was ban Mr. Clay.

#4 > The WBA stripped Cassius of his Title, and informed all other WBA contenders to
    'Stay away from Clay'.

So basically, Cassius Clay 'Fucked' himself.

Thread Information