Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Very Bad Decision: How do YOU score this?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A Very Bad Decision: How do YOU score this?

I scored it twice: 9 rounds Norton/6 Ali and then I scored it 8 rounds Norton/6 Ali/1 even

@Dia bando
    @walrus
    @Gandalf
    @TitoFan
    @Bill Paxtom
    @ykdadamaja
    @SlimTrae
    @Beanflicker

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A Very Bad Decision: How do YOU score this?

Ken Norton

Had it won, and then '3' New York Scoring Officials rallied to save Muhammad Ali's 'ass'.

Ken Norton........... 9-6-0 in Rounds.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did I hear just here the '3' Clowns award this fight to Muhammad Ali." ........... Sally Field

"Yes, Sally. Those guys saved Ali again."

"I thought that I was going deaf. I guess my 'Fucking Ears' are fine then."......... Sally Field

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-29-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gave all twelve to my pal Ali just so I can get a meme and a quote from @Bill Paxtom

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it as Norton winning the fight, Norton was all wrong for Ali he struggled with that
    cross armed style, yes he was gifted the decision Norton was badly done too.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes agreed. But now watch ~somebody~ come into this thread talking about Rocky Marciano again

Norton was robbed beyond belief, that decision was a fucking joke. Ali was ashamed and ran out of the ring. I can still hear over 100 body shots and head shots "POPPING" off of Ali's skull and kidneys----

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Norton beat his ass down all night long. Ali's bullshit circling and flicking bullshit jabs was shit-on-a-shingle. Norton walloped that skull and it sounded like a fucking melon getting split open.

Ali lost ALL 3 fights to Norton.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Ali - connected with a few right hand, landed more, more activity

2. Norton - Got in a lot of good body work, great jab to the body, landed some good shots
    through the guard and around the ear muffs.

3. Norton - Closer round but Norton takes it with the clean over hand right followed by the
    big left hook to the body. Ali's threw more but Norton landed the clean effective shots.

4. Ali - Started the round very aggressive, landed some clean effective shots, did a better job
    of blocking the overhand right

5. Norton - Ali spends the round on the ropes, gets pounded on.

6. Norton - More pounding by Norton, especially to the body. Hurt Ali with a left to the liver.

7. Ali - Ali starts letting his hands go, backs Norton up at times. Lands a few clean jabs, right
    hands and even a left uppercut in there.

8. Norton - Big round for Ken. Brutal body attack, and got some good shots on Ali's job. Doing a better
    job of ducking/parrying Ali's jab and right cross.

9. Ali - Ali gets on his bicycle and outboxes Kenny, lands some good jabs and 1-2s. Eats a big
    overhand right but otherwise a good round for Ali.

10. Norton - Ali does some nice dancing but doesn't land anything significent. Close round but I
    think Norton takes it with the body work on the ropes.

11. Ali - Close, exciting round. Gave it to Ali but could have gone either way. Ali landed a few
    nice right crosses and backed Norton up at the beginning of the round.

12. Norton - Blocked most of Ali's flurries, landed some good body work on the ropes and some
    clean rights in the center of the ring.

13. Norton - They went to war and Ken did the better work to the head and body.

14. Norton - Same story, competitive round but Ken is landing the clean, effective shots while
    picking the majority of Ali's offensive off with his crab defence or ducking the shots.

15. Norton - more of the same, Ali dances well but is landing very little. Norton periodically jumps
    in and lands some good shots to the head and body. Closes out the round strong.

10 rounds to 5, Ken Norton. Bullshit decision.

Ken Norton was absolute poison for Ali. He was great at ducking and parrying Ali's shots and he would come over with that overhand right and just maul him on the ropes.

This was a competitive fight, but IMO it was not a close fight and Muhammad Ali NEVER BEAT KEN NORTON.

The best Ali POSSIBLY did in this fight (if you give him the close rounds) is 8-7.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Beanflicker that is 100% correct. He NEVER beat him. Norton won the title that night, the undisputed HW Championship of the World. Ken Norton.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali looks like death in the ring after the fight. He needed help standing up and his face had that expressionless blank look that it now has all the time.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Ali looks like death in the ring after the fight. He needed help standing up and his face had that expressionless blank look that it now has all the time.
    yes for sure. Seriously, Norton landed some fucking WHACKING shots onto Ali's skull, those were debilitating shots, I mean just PIERCING shots that you could hear clear as day, like a melon being split open with a hatchet: WHACK!!! WHACK!!! WHACK!!!! like an axe splitting wood.

Goddam. Brain damage city. Ali's chin was too good.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I gave all twelve to my pal Ali just so I can get a meme and a quote from @Bill Paxtom
    What do you mean 'all twelve'.

It was a 15-Round bout in September 1976.

It is hard to come back at you 'Walrus Man'.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Walrus Herd Gathering ~

"Do believe 'Walrus' gave Ali 12-Rounds in that fight. What the 'Fuck' was he watching."

"OK, when he turns his back, let's head south towards Antarctica. And everybody keep quiet, so he doesn't see us leave."

"I don't want that 'Ali Brown Noser' following us."

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-29-2015 at 03:48 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's amazing Ali's organs still function. The pounding that Norton, Frazier, Foreman, Chuvalo, ect did on his liver and kidneys was just brutal to think about.

Something that goes unnoticed about Norton is that he had a GREAT HW jab. He used it so well against Ali and Holmes, two of the best jabbers in HW history.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Something that goes unnoticed about Norton is that he had a GREAT HW jab. He used it so well against Ali and Holmes, two of the best jabbers in HW history.
    Something else that often goes unnoticed is that Ken Norton had terrible defence against the left hook.

Ali never had much of a hook so stylistically he matched well.. and Holmes, on their night, never had much of a left bicep so IMO Norton was fortunate not to get badly hurt.

My point is that I think it is a little easy to overrate Norton based on his success against one fighter.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If were talking about there last fight does it even fucking matter if were being honest i mean Ali was 35 years old by then i mean he should not of been fighting. Ali got some gifts i am pretty sure all top atg have a few been seeing his name brought up alot lately though for some reason.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Re: A Very Bad Decision: How do YOU score this?

September 1976

~ What the 'Insiders' said ~

In 'pre-fight' negotiations, Ken Norton refused to sign a 'return match clause'.

Meaning >
    If Ken Norton won, he had to give Muhammad Ali a 'rematch' within 6-Months, or
    at least sign an 'iron-clad' contract giving Muhammad Ali the right of first refusal.

In the contract, Kenny was 'not' permitted to have another fight {Title Defense}, unless
    Muhammad Ali signed a release.

So basically, if Kenny won, he had to give Muhummad Ali the rights of an immediate rematch,
    {Kenny's 1st-Title Defense}.

End Result >
    Kenny 'refuses' to sign that Contract. As he did not want his career to be dictated by
    Muhammad Ali.

Kenny Norton >
    "When I beat Muhammad in September, I want to be in charge of my career. I want to
    be able to 'test the waters' to see what is out there money wise for my Title Defenses."

"Now I'm told, {if} I win, that I can't do that. I have to give him {Muhammad Ali} a
    rematch, and on his terms, and with an equal fight purse."

"That will never happen. When I win, I as 'World Champion' will dictate the terms. It's
    simple geometry."
    Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 05-29-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Something else that often goes unnoticed is that Ken Norton had terrible defence against the left hook.

Ali never had much of a hook so stylistically he matched well.. and Holmes, on their night, never had much of a left bicep so IMO Norton was fortunate not to get badly hurt.

My point is that I think it is a little easy to overrate Norton based on his success against one fighter.
    I agree that Norton is probably overrated and yeah, his defence wasn't really suited for blocking the left hook.

But he really did have a great jab. I think it was deceivingly long, he fought in that crab defence with his arm tucked but when he extended he used all of that 80" reach. Caught guys off guard I think. His timing was great too, so yeah he was always going to be poison for guys like Ali and Holmes but more mediocre against certain styles.

Thread Information