21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    So I've seen many guys quit in the corner and shit but some are labeled as not having heart and others or not. One example is that Victor Ortiz quit against Maidana and against Lopez and was labeled as not having any heart and as being a quitter in the sport. Daniel Geale has twice told a ref that he didn't wanna continue. Against GGG and against Cotto and no one is saying anything about it. What makes one fighter a quiter and heartless and the other not ?
    Good post. I watched the cotto geale fight and soon as he said he didn't want to continue I shouted fucking coward at my TV. It's shocking to see any boxer quit under any circumstances IMO. Boxing is a hard sport when the going gets tough you can't just quit and if you do quit I think it's time to seriously find another sport.
    The part that shocks me about the way Geale quit is that both times he makes the count then says he doesn't wanna continue. If he wants out just don't make the count , save some face instead of outright saying he doesn't want anymore.
    I hadn't thought of that.

Apparently, neither had Geale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Quiting

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Roach revealed Manny was dirty cmon man we both know that didn't happen
    He did actually @Truth. Indirectly, and possibly by accident (Roach isn't very smart). Here's the quote from the interview where he accidentally throws Manny (and himself) under the bus while trying to ruin Ariza:

"One of the reasons I don't work with him [Ariza] anymore is he's a little shady. He used to give Manny a drink before workouts, and I asked him what was in the drink and he would never tell me. I told him I need to know what was in the drinks because you're giving it to my fighter. If something goes wrong, I'm going to get the blame. So in my opinion, he's a little shady. So he's in that champ [Brandon Rios] now and it doesn't surprise me that [Rios testing positive for a banned substance] happened."

Ariza was Pac's strength and conditioning coach throughout Pac's meteoric 5 year rise from 130lbs to 154lbs super stardom...and he hasn't scored a KO since Ariza left. FACT!
    Because Freddy didn't know what was in Manny's drink doesn't mean he's on PED's. I have a healthy amount of suspicion that all top fighters are on something. But there's still never been any proof that manny did anything illegal. And the he hasn't scored a KO since is such a poor excuse, the Algieri fight could have easily been stopped. So if Floyd Sr didn't know what Ariza put in Floyd's drink Floyd would be on PEDs. Plus there are no rumors that Pacquiao ever tested positive. Thomas Hauser has written about an allegedly failed drug test by Floyd. Max Boxing - News - The PED Mess: Part One

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plus Rios failed his test for a DIURETIC (to help him lose weight) and we can both be sure that Ariza wasn't giving diuretics to Manny.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charles 'Sonny' Liston

But he made is so obvious. It was like he wanted people to know that he quit.

He didn't even try to 'fake it'.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know. It was like on 'Hawaiian Eye', where I was portrayed as a 'ditzy blonde'. But I was really smart, you know."

Connie Stevens as ........ 'Cricket Blake'

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 06-09-2015 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Roach revealed Manny was dirty cmon man we both know that didn't happen
    He did actually @Truth . Indirectly, and possibly by accident (Roach isn't very smart). Here's the quote from the interview where he accidentally throws Manny (and himself) under the bus while trying to ruin Ariza:

"One of the reasons I don't work with him [Ariza] anymore is he's a little shady. He used to give Manny a drink before workouts, and I asked him what was in the drink and he would never tell me. I told him I need to know what was in the drinks because you're giving it to my fighter. If something goes wrong, I'm going to get the blame. So in my opinion, he's a little shady. So he's in that champ [Brandon Rios] now and it doesn't surprise me that [Rios testing positive for a banned substance] happened."

Ariza was Pac's strength and conditioning coach throughout Pac's meteoric 5 year rise from 130lbs to 154lbs super stardom...and he hasn't scored a KO since Ariza left. FACT!
    Because Freddy didn't know what was in Manny's drink doesn't mean he's on PED's. I have a healthy amount of suspicion that all top fighters are on something. But there's still never been any proof that manny did anything illegal. And the he hasn't scored a KO since is such a poor excuse, the Algieri fight could have easily been stopped. So if Floyd Sr didn't know what Ariza put in Floyd's drink Floyd would be on PEDs. Plus there are no rumors that Pacquiao ever tested positive. Thomas Hauser has written about an allegedly failed drug test by Floyd. Max Boxing - News - The PED Mess: Part One
    Pac never failed a drug test because he wasn't truly being tested.

Poor little Pactards have trouble understanding even the most basic subjects...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rocco the Ruthless,

Are you still talking about Mr. Manny Pacquiao and his take of $165,000,000 for the Mayweather bout.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aren't you getting a little long winded with that 'bull'."

"Speaking of 'long'. Did you know that I was married to Eddie Fisher {1967 thru 1969}. Yes he was short
    at 5' 5", but the man had a 'mammoth sized cock'. Nearly 10". And he could go on, and on, and on."

Connie Stevens

Last edited by Bill Paxtom; 06-09-2015 at 01:56 AM.

Thread Information