Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 10 ATG HWs --- °•°•°final list°•°•°©®

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    BUT he made up for that by winning every single fight as a professional.
    Well maybe it's time to re-evaluate the greatness of Sven Ottke and where he should rank it the top P4P ATG list.

Not comparing Rocky to Sven "The Gay" Ottke but goddamn I think there's a lot more to being great than how many fights you won.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano fought a 37 year old Joe Louis.......... 37, really? Is that so old? Klits are fighting at 41, 42
    Foreman fought til 49, Hopkins 51, Briggs is 46 still fighting, Holyfield was 49, even Mike Tyson was 39 when he fought that big Irish guy in his last fight. How is 37 so ANCIENT?

Marciano fought an "old" Louis who was 37---- not exactly a senior citizen was he. 37.

Rocky fought a 32 year old prime Ezzard Charles, they weighed the same too. Beat him twice. Charles is sometimes ranked in the top 10 or 12 ATG heavyweights even though he was a light heavy.

Rocky fought a 38 year old JJ Wlacott, OK that is getting pretty old, but JJ had Rocky down and out in the 1st round, pounded his lil' ass from pillar to post LITERALLY (WATCH ROUND 1, Rocky shouldve been DEAD after that round).

Archie Moore fought 11 more years after fighting Rocky and retained his LH Crown for years and years to come. Not exactly washed up I'd say..... he blossomed late as a fighter.

Roland LaStarza severely underrated HW fighter, tough as nails, great boxer, great record. Marciano beat hiom twice altho once was questionable on points. (Rock got the nod bcuz he had floored Roland in the fight and them was the rules at the time)

And Don Cockell was no tub of flab, what a chin on that guy, best chin I ever seen, seriously. He took bombs on the chin and didnt even wobble, the announcer was like WHAT THE FUCK IS KEEPING DON COCKELL ON HIS FEET, I WILL NEVER FUCKING KNOW!!!

etc.... and if you think Rex Layne and Harry Kid Matthews were pushovers or slouches, BWAHAHAHA
    those were tough sons of bitches those 2 who coulda competed well in any HW era.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali,Louis,Holmes,Lewis,Holyfeild,Waldimar,Foreman, Tyson,Frazier,Vitali dont count old eras before the 1940s not really the same kind of fighters. Liston is overrated as fuck Patterson is his best win big deal was a great lhw not really great hw. Rock kinda of joke 37 louis, 38 or 40 year old Walcott his age was unknown and Charles who was sick. Rock would not be a heavyweight by today anyhow his record is worse then any guy on the list when comes to who the man beat really.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All things considered....

Louis
    Ali
    Foreman
    Johnson
    Dempsey
    Tyson
    Marciano
    Lewis
    Wlad
    Frazier

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    All things considered....

Louis
    Ali
    Foreman
    Johnson
    Dempsey
    Tyson
    Marciano
    Lewis
    Wlad
    Frazier
    "May I make a couple of points. I think it's best to leave Muhammad Ali off that list."

Rhonda Fleming

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Niiiiiiiice Rhonda picture.....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito you really don't think Holyfeild is a top10 heavyweight of all time i got disagree with you on that one. I mean Frazier has one great win and then lost every other fight at heavyweight against the greats. Dempsey did not fight most of greats of his time because they were black and got owned by Tunney Lhw pretty bad in both fights. I dont see how those guys are better then Holyfeild i mean his resume at Hw is better then anyone not name Ali and maybe Lewis. As far as his loses go most of them were after he was 40 years of age and i don't think that should count to hard against the man really like Jones i not counting his loses in his 40's. Anyhow just some thoughts on that i agree with most of the names i guess Jack Johnson for like historical thing but how much of the man have you really seen.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said "everything considered"... which means I think there are some doubts about certain things during Evander's reign. Many think he was 'roided up as a HW, and to be honest that weighs a bit on my mind. He was a fabulous CW... but seemed way too big at HW. Also who would I take out of there to replace him with Holyfield? They all have a claim to greatness, whether it be the sheer dominance of their reign (which is why I reluctantly put Wlad in there), or what they did for boxing at the time (ie..... Tyson). Even Frazier, who I have at # 10, is an iconic figure in HW boxing history, having been involved in those epic battles with Ali. Not denying Holyfield's greatness... I just think to many people he should have an asterisk in there somewhere.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look the man never failed a test in 26 year career whats to say most of fighters in his era were taking something because the test were a joke. I mean Tyson and Lewis could been roiding form all you know and every other fighter because if they did not fail a test i don't judge them on it really.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Niiiiiiiice Rhonda picture.....
    "Well Thank You."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Look the man never failed a test in 26 year career whats to say most of fighters in his era were taking something because the test were a joke. I mean Tyson and Lewis could been roiding form all you know and every other fighter because if they did not fail a test i don't judge them on it really.

Tyson and Lewis were always heavyweights, and looked pretty much the same throughout their entire career. By no means am I singling out Holyfield, 'cause that is a widespread issue..... but to make Top Ten you have clear certain hurdles..... and that's one of them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough that is your thoughts on if but i feel that Holyfeild resume and being to come back recap the belt as many times as he did hw is more then enough. I also go head to head with rating as well fell he do fine with any heavyweight i dont hold something a man never failed against him.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Louis whipped a lot of bums and sissies... and some fat men hahah!

Lahhh Home would have beat his ass, so would Tyson, Ali, Lennox, Marciano, Liston, Foreman, and I could go on and on.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Evander Holyfield was using steroids, and so was pretty much everyone at the time. Anyone who believes any different is kidding themselves.

Tyson admitted himself in his book how he was cheating all the drug tests (although he only admitted it was because of his cocaine use) and how they were a joke. If you weren't using steroids back then, you were retarded.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Joe Louis whipped a lot of bums and sissies... and some fat men hahah!

Lahhh Home would have beat his ass, so would Tyson, Ali, Lennox, Marciano, Liston, Foreman, and I could go on and on.
    Joe Louis would slaughter Tyson

Thread Information