530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ggg

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Money.... records.... whatever the motivation behind each individual fighter.... it's their own. To pick and choose who you judge and for what... That's the ol' double standard, rearing its ugly head. Hence, my recent double standards thread. Simple as.
    I agree and can see that same double standard at play with your post and that of the thread starter. I know you are both Puerto Rican and all that, but It's quite ludicrous to defend Cotto being unwilling to fight the best middleweight on the planet whilst holding a belt and his middleweight opponents hostage to his own demands, and yet think that Golvokin being willing to fight any middleweight out there without any "special" conditions is the same thing.

Golovkin is prepared to make catchweights to satisfy opponents in other weight classes in addition to fighting any middleweight as a middleweight without any of the diva like demands of Cotto. You are both bending over backwards to try and make two completely different situations appear the same. It's not hate when people are surprised by Cottos bullshit, it's disappointment. De la Hoya suggested fighting GGG, not the other way round, and every man and his dog would like to fight Mayweather. If you seriously think Floyd is comparable to Geale you must both be tripping. Golvkin is struggling to get up the hill whilst Miguel is coasting down it. These are not the same thing.

I'm not a GGG hater... not by any stretch. But GGG is constantly looking down (in weight).... not up.
    I can see where that might be brought into question.

As far as disappointment with Cotto for holding the MW belt hostage... I can't say I'm too happy about it myself. I don't blame him for going after Martinez. Anybody in his position would've done it. He wanted the four weight divisions... it was important to him. Now that he's done with that, I'd prefer he either defend it outright or vacate it. Cotto is not a true MW... hell... he's only 5'-8", and obviously would be severely outweighed and outgunned by GGG in a true MW match. We fans should want to see competitive matches, not mismatches.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Money.... records.... whatever the motivation behind each individual fighter.... it's their own. To pick and choose who you judge and for what... That's the ol' double standard, rearing its ugly head. Hence, my recent double standards thread. Simple as.
    I agree and can see that same double standard at play with your post and that of the thread starter. I know you are both Puerto Rican and all that, but It's quite ludicrous to defend Cotto being unwilling to fight the best middleweight on the planet whilst holding a belt and his middleweight opponents hostage to his own demands, and yet think that Golvokin being willing to fight any middleweight out there without any "special" conditions is the same thing.

Golovkin is prepared to make catchweights to satisfy opponents in other weight classes in addition to fighting any middleweight as a middleweight without any of the diva like demands of Cotto. You are both bending over backwards to try and make two completely different situations appear the same. It's not hate when people are surprised by Cottos bullshit, it's disappointment. De la Hoya suggested fighting GGG, not the other way round, and every man and his dog would like to fight Mayweather. If you seriously think Floyd is comparable to Geale you must both be tripping. Golvkin is struggling to get up the hill whilst Miguel is coasting down it. These are not the same thing.

I'm not a GGG hater... not by any stretch. But GGG is constantly looking down (in weight).... not up.
    I can see where that might be brought into question.

As far as disappointment with Cotto for holding the MW belt hostage... I can't say I'm too happy about it myself. I don't blame him for going after Martinez. Anybody in his position would've done it. He wanted the four weight divisions... it was important to him. Now that he's done with that, I'd prefer he either defend it outright or vacate it. Cotto is not a true MW... hell... he's only 5'-8", and obviously would be severely outweighed and outgunned by GGG in a true MW match. We fans should want to see competitive matches, not mismatches.
    Agree with the whole post.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, because calling out a man who won't even say your name, defend in his division and lost wide to the man to beat makes more Cents. Brilliant.

That said, Golovkin should not be serious about a two division gap and steer away from being somewhat desperate. Just keep beating people up

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    before he Calzaghes away his career.
    Do you mean the first ballot hall of famer, two weight undisputed world champion, arguably the greatest ever supermiddle. That Calzaghe?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Do you mean the first ballot hall of famer, two weight undisputed world champion, arguably the greatest ever supermiddle. That Calzaghe?
    In between Eubanks and Lacy he did sweet FA.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe runs rings around ggg.
    Ward owns ggg and "probably" beats calzaghe

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont get this hate. 1 GGG didnt call out DLH. He said hes happy to fight DLH and why not it would be a career high payday in an easy win. I dont get the problem with him wanting a fight with Mayweather either. If he did fight Mayweather its pretty close to a 50/50 fight. I wish more boxers would try get involved in 50/50 fights. Sick of seeing shite fights where you already know whos going to win. Look at Ward Smith at the weekend.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    he won one or two fights, beat one or two x and future world champs pretty comfortably
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    he won one or two fights, beat one or two x and future world champs pretty comfortably
    Name some
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information