Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Advice on My Diet and Training

So I've been in quite a healthy way of life for about 10 months now, occasionally fall off the wagon, but actually enjoying the exercise and the food.

For about 8 weeks now, I don't seem to have made any progress, I've not lost any weight and my shape hasn't really improved. I've added some different sports/ exercises to my plans, but it's still not making much difference.

My main aim is to get fitter and look better, while also hoping to get in good enough shape to actually box a few white collar fights. Short term goal though, I'm going ibiza in 4 weeks and would love some form of decent abs. I'm not a million miles away now, it's just that last layer of fat, especially at the bottom of my belly. Never had them before and always been a bit chunky, so what I've achieved so far I'm really pleased with, just want to be better!

Does anyone fancy giving me some advice on what I can do to help get these abs out? I try look online and it's either "eat less, run more" or some 30 day shred rubbish that wants me to do a millionaire sit ups with no diet. I understand it's going to be mostly dropping my fat percentage that will get me there.

So I train 6 days per week, it will normally be:

Boxing (90 minutes of tough shit, including sparring)
    Swimming (1000m various strokes)
    boxing
    Various weight training on top half (at least an hour)
    boxing
    swimming

My general diet each day will be something along the lines of:

Porridge with water and 25g protein shake
    salad with lean meat or 200g potato and 200g chicken
    Egg on wholemeal toast or mostly egg white scrambled egg on toast
    lean meat (steak normally) and green veg
    Casein shake before bed

I'm generally taking a grenade black ops tablet when I wake up and two before I train.

Any suggestions as I'm keen for the first time in my life to have abs!

If only @ono would see this! he would know what to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Advice on My Diet and Training

From what i understand it boils down to Caloric Intake vs Calories Burned Per Day

I think it would be safe to say you are consuming an equal amount calories per day that you burn during your workouts. Which is why your proverbial needle hasn't moved at all.

Its basic math when trying to increase or decrease your mass.

If you consume 2500 Calories a day, you must burn at least 3000-3500 a day.

If you reduce you Calories to 1500 or 2000 and continue to Burn 3000 you will begin to trim up.

Things to remember, you shouldn't go below the 1000/1200 a day because you will need those calories to maintain a worthwhile workout. Also, if your taking a lot of suppliments and muscle builders you are being counter productive if you are trying to go lean and not build mass.

For people trying to get bigger they would go in the opposit direction.

If anyone disagrees with the above, feel free to correct me.
    You are the Creator of all that is, all that was, and all there ever will be.....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    So I've been in quite a healthy way of life for about 10 months now, occasionally fall off the wagon, but actually enjoying the exercise and the food.

For about 8 weeks now, I don't seem to have made any progress, I've not lost any weight and my shape hasn't really improved. I've added some different sports/ exercises to my plans, but it's still not making much difference.

My main aim is to get fitter and look better, while also hoping to get in good enough shape to actually box a few white collar fights. Short term goal though, I'm going ibiza in 4 weeks and would love some form of decent abs. I'm not a million miles away now, it's just that last layer of fat, especially at the bottom of my belly. Never had them before and always been a bit chunky, so what I've achieved so far I'm really pleased with, just want to be better!

Does anyone fancy giving me some advice on what I can do to help get these abs out? I try look online and it's either "eat less, run more" or some 30 day shred rubbish that wants me to do a millionaire sit ups with no diet. I understand it's going to be mostly dropping my fat percentage that will get me there.

boxing
    boxing
    swimming

Casein shake before bed

I'm generally taking a grenade black ops tablet when I wake up and two before I train.

Hiya mate, i'm actually in a similar situation. I took a good few years off training because i honestly just totally lost interest in it. Anyway, i'm back on the wagon again now and i'm trimming down my holiday in about 8 weeks (8 day tour of Madrid, Seville, Alicante and Barcelona with the Mrs - can't wait)

In terms of losing the lower part of your belly to reveal your abs, the best advice i can really give you is to stick at what you're doing. 4 weeks might not be enough just because it's such a stubborn area. It's also the area of your body which covers your intestines, so abdominal bloating can basically make you look heavier than you are.

I wouldn't normally recommend this, but you could start a deetox about 2 weeks before you go away. It's not brilliant advice, but you obviously need something to make you look ace in Ibiza.

There's a few knocking about on the internet. I've started the Bootea one, purely because the Mrs had some success with it. It's full of Senna, so basically it's a natural laxative. Like i say, i'd never normally recommend anything like this, but 2 weeks won't harm you, and it should give you a good result. It's also a diuretic so it will dry out a little, which will help with the abs. Just be careful not to dehydrate yourself, especially if with you going somewhere so hot.

Training wise you seem to have it covered. People can argue about all the different variations of training, but bottom line is, you want to burn calories, which, given your diet and training plan, you should be. Maybe, if you feel ok, you can up the intensity or the duration. Again, your immediate goal isn't sport specific, so over-training isn't a major worry, of course unless you pick up an injury.

I think your training plan is actually a good long term plan because it obviously focuses on the activities that you enjoy. Enjoying cardio is half the battle.

Diet wise, you seem ok. If you were training for a sport, i'd recommend upping your carb intake by quite a lot, but, focusing the intake around periods of starvation - for example, first thing on a morning, or immediately post workout.

All in all, there isn't really a 4 week mircale that i can give you.

A deetox will probably allow your abs to show more. Maybe if you can, add in an extra couple of weights sessions, including your abs as any form of toning or firming will be beneficial.

I know i'm not being very scientific with all of this, but quick fixes and science don't go hand in hand

Just crack on as you are mate, it will come. And enjoy Ibiza.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post

boxing
    boxing
    swimming

Casein shake before bed

Hiya mate, i'm actually in a similar situation. I took a good few years off training because i honestly just totally lost interest in it. Anyway, i'm back on the wagon again now and i'm trimming down my holiday in about 8 weeks (8 day tour of Madrid, Seville, Alicante and Barcelona with the Mrs - can't wait)

In terms of losing the lower part of your belly to reveal your abs, the best advice i can really give you is to stick at what you're doing. 4 weeks might not be enough just because it's such a stubborn area. It's also the area of your body which covers your intestines, so abdominal bloating can basically make you look heavier than you are.

I wouldn't normally recommend this, but you could start a deetox about 2 weeks before you go away. It's not brilliant advice, but you obviously need something to make you look ace in Ibiza.

There's a few knocking about on the internet. I've started the Bootea one, purely because the Mrs had some success with it. It's full of Senna, so basically it's a natural laxative. Like i say, i'd never normally recommend anything like this, but 2 weeks won't harm you, and it should give you a good result. It's also a diuretic so it will dry out a little, which will help with the abs. Just be careful not to dehydrate yourself, especially if with you going somewhere so hot.

Training wise you seem to have it covered. People can argue about all the different variations of training, but bottom line is, you want to burn calories, which, given your diet and training plan, you should be. Maybe, if you feel ok, you can up the intensity or the duration. Again, your immediate goal isn't sport specific, so over-training isn't a major worry, of course unless you pick up an injury.

I think your training plan is actually a good long term plan because it obviously focuses on the activities that you enjoy. Enjoying cardio is half the battle.

Diet wise, you seem ok. If you were training for a sport, i'd recommend upping your carb intake by quite a lot, but, focusing the intake around periods of starvation - for example, first thing on a morning, or immediately post workout.

All in all, there isn't really a 4 week mircale that i can give you.

A deetox will probably allow your abs to show more. Maybe if you can, add in an extra couple of weights sessions, including your abs as any form of toning or firming will be beneficial.

I know i'm not being very scientific with all of this, but quick fixes and science don't go hand in hand

Just crack on as you are mate, it will come. And enjoy Ibiza.
    Cheers @ono.

I've actually had a good week this week, seem to be looking a lot leaner and the scales are being kind! But I think you are right, the main thing I should do now is up the length/ intensity as I'm not really pushing myself to the point of fail often enough. Have only been weight training once a week, really at the minute so will try up that twice as that's a good burner.

I was considering for the last 2 weeks to just cut cars completely, bit of a crash diet fad, but wanted to try get into a state of ketosis and hope that might burn off some stubborn fat? I at least enjoy that as I can feast on meat and grease.

I'll give your crash diet a try, but the sound of "natural laxative" sounds a bit dangerous. Can see that ending in tears/ accidents!

It's frustrating as hell, I'll have an evil circuit, sweat out my soul (lost 6 pounds in sweat at the gym the other day!) But then ill look down, expect a chiseled stomach like those guys on the internet banners and it's still got my pot! To be expected I guess, 10 years of abuse and less than a year of care. Can't change it overnight.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just go on clen and pray to satan, quick results!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some days you have to fast-----------only water and beer, seriously, no weights, just calisthenics on them days

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes it comes down to not what you eat, but when you eat it. I needed to drop twenty pounds one time and tried everything. In fact, I was working myself to death with exercise and starving myself at the table. Then I was told to try this;

Eat balanced meals between 8 in the morning and then after 2PM, eat nothing, not even a cracker. Water, tea and black coffee was ok. What this did was give my body not only time to digest and process what I had taken in, but in those 18 hours it began pulling on the store house of fats in my cells. It was not easy, but I got to enjoy eating everything I liked during my feeding hours, even ate more in fact. In two months time, I had dropped 23 lbs and my body was use to the feeding hours I had set. During the sleep period, the body still needs fuel ,and that's when the steady and progressive loss was taking place. I weighed every day before I went to bed and when I got up. It worked for me....I say it's worth a try

Thread Information