680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: gay marriage in the US

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Andre puzzles me, at one moment he reports he has done Christian volunteer work in Africa, a very noble act I must say, but then speaks rather negatively on Christianity.
    His perspective is: dare I say again? Deep!
    I can't explain his POV but I can understand it.

The statement U mentioned about Dre- is what I get when it comes to my family. They can't figure out what I mean when I say: Christians are cool. It's Christianity I have issues with.

1. Christian is mentioned in scriptures- In Antioch where they( followers-aka students) were labeled such. And IMO wore it with a badge of honor.
    2. Christianity isn't. IMO that was the government taking over that which they couldn't stop the movement Hey-suus started. . But could control.
    To me that's just semantics, it all boils down to followers of Christ but I digress, I know it can be a hot topic. To be honest, the one thing I don't understand is the hostility towards believers of any faith. I'm not saying just you slim, I'm saying everyone who holds such views,I'm a proud Catholic but I find beauty in every religion on the planet. Wisdom is not an I thing, it is an I you thing. When I can relate openly with my fellow man and listen to him without my bias creeping g in we are both achieving wisdom. I can read, study, pontificate but if I am shut out from the bird of others I have no wisdom. You say you have no problems with Christians but it is Christianity that makes us so.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My problem with Christianity is they judge others when specifically told not to.
    Also Romes version that is now the modern take on the old religion of love and peace: ad rules and fear and you are all back to judgment once again, against his word.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    My problem with Christianity is they judge others when specifically told not to.
    Also Romes version that is now the modern take on the old religion of love and peace: ad rules and fear and you are all back to judgment once again, against his word.
    Well, you ate blaming the religion when in reality it is humans falling short. I truly wish I could live the gospel, but I fall short. Having said that it has helped to greatly decrease my many character defects. The problems with Christianity is we humans. Not christ. If you don't follow Rome, fine, your more than entitled. I wouldn't try to change you, to the believer, my words are irrelevant to the non believer, they would not change your mind. I just ask we respect one another's belief.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some beliefs are dangerous and should be challenged. If you love your fellow man then surely that is the right thing to do ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you don't follow Rome, fine, your more than entitled. I wouldn't try to change you, to the believer, .
    How do you view Martin Luther and the reformation? More so, the puritans who made the pilgrimage to this country who came with the Geneva Bible which was disliked by the King at the time. Some even had the Tyndale Bible or that which he finished-NT before being executed for doing so. If I understand: neither were government approved.

I offer no criticism. Just interested to know how a catholic such as yourself views the first settlers of this land that didn't use the catholic bible, Just curious-- considering that you come across as an American Patriot, proud of your country- and rightfully so.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, you are blaming the religion when in reality it is humans falling short. .
    Well,Im not blaming Yeshua or his original followers,they weren't Christians though that came 100 years later beginning exactly what I am against.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    If you don't follow Rome, fine, your more than entitled. I wouldn't try to change you, to the believer, .
    How do you view Martin Luther and the reformation? More so, the puritans who made the pilgrimage to this country who came with the Geneva Bible which was disliked by the King at the time. Some even had the Tyndale Bible or that which he finished-NT before being executed for doing so. If I understand: neither were government approved.

I offer no criticism. Just interested to know how a catholic such as yourself views the first settlers of this land that didn't use the catholic bible, Just curious-- considering that you come across as an American Patriot, proud of your country- and rightfully so.
    At the time of the reformation there is no doubt the church needed it. However, there was a movement within the church to do so. Martin Luther was a Catholic priest who chose to take a wife. Luther had some legitimate gripes. I look at the pilgrims who came here as brave sons of guns. Damn, that long boat ride with so little knowledge of the new world. I don't know if I could do it. They were driven by desire to spread their faith. Very very fascinating people.

And beanz, I saw no systems of belief that I or Andre loquated that might be taken as dangerous.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a sin to use contraception. Spreading that belief in an already over populated third world country is pretty dangerous. In the Catholic Church though you get sainted for it.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    It is a sin to use contraception. Spreading that belief in an already over populated third world country is pretty dangerous. In the Catholic Church though you get sainted for it.
    Yes, and can you imagine the impact this had on the spread of AIDs in African countries?

These people should be strung up!
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But as a Jew you do feel the act of sex should always be open to the creation of humanity. Do you not believe all life is precious. Is it negative to have a teaching that desires people respect sex for its intended use. No to perverse it. You should look into Pope Benedict's comments on contraception. He said in one talk the use of condoms for some, such as an aids infected prostitute may be the first step in this person becoming whole. I am paraphrasing quite a bit here. If we want to understand each other, don't just look at the teaching but at least seek the theology behind the teaching. You will probably still disagree but you may have a better understanding.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smart as really, if you want to take over the world without war copy that and Muslim ways average 6 off spring and every 18 years or so you get 36 then 216 then 1296 is the next figure and thats one families growth over 54 years. They are smart and want growth thats how they have all that wealth in property and gold.People used to buy their way to heaven by leaving everything to the church.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Yes, and can you imagine the impact this had on the spread of AIDs in African countries?

These people should be strung up!
    In Africa some tribes believed (through their sharmans etc that it was the whites trying to take over by stopping them breading they didn't believe us about aids till it was way too late.

Then the sharmans of one massive tribe the Zulu told the infected they could rid themselves of it by taking a virgin. Fucking dreadful chain of events for the rural area slums below Johannesburg, rape of little babies even,the place is a mess below the mess you get to see on film.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In Africa some tribes believed (through their sharmans etc that it was the whites trying to take over by stopping them breading they didn't believe us about aids till it was way too late.
    Oh, well nuts to them, then.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But as a Jew you do feel the act of sex should always be open to the creation of humanity. Do you not believe all life is precious. Is it negative to have a teaching that desires people respect sex for its intended use. No to perverse it. You should look into Pope Benedict's comments on contraception. He said in one talk the use of condoms for some, such as an aids infected prostitute may be the first step in this person becoming whole. I am paraphrasing quite a bit here. If we want to understand each other, don't just look at the teaching but at least seek the theology behind the teaching. You will probably still disagree but you may have a better understanding.
    Even as an agnostic I recognise that Judaism itself, like Christianity is a distortion of what the Hebrew prophets sought to teach. I don't need to tell you that the dignity of women is a central part of Hebrew culture because the strong woman as Queen of the household is something that still exists in Jewish culture today. It is her right to enjoy sex as much as men and the idea of intended use just opens the doorway for the Christian concept of sin or falling short. So no, I Don't believe that sex should be reserved solely for procreation, or that myself, or the millions of others across the planet who agree, should then be assumed, to treat life as somehow being less precious.

If you really think Pope Benedict condoning "the use of condoms for some, such as an aids infected prostitute may be the first step in this person becoming whole" is somehow progressive or enlightened, then I can only marvel at how dark the world you live in is, under the man made rules and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even as an agnostic I recognise that Judaism itself, like Christianity is a distortion of what the Hebrew prophets sought to teach. I don't need to tell you that the dignity of women is a central part of Hebrew culture because the strong woman as Queen of the household is something that still exists in Jewish culture today. It is her right to enjoy sex as much as men and the idea of intended use just opens the doorway for the Christian concept of sin or falling short. So no, I Don't believe that sex should be reserved solely for procreation, or that myself, or the millions of others across the planet who agree, should then be assumed, to treat life as somehow being less precious.

If you really think Pope Benedict condoning "the use of condoms for some, such as an aids infected prostitute may be the first step in this person becoming whole" is somehow progressive or enlightened, then I can only marvel at how dark the world you live in is, under the man made rules and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
    No, I was trying to let you know there is more to the issue than "don't use birth control" but I now see you are not interested in hearing anything other than what you think. You really think I live in a dark place huh, interesting.

Thread Information