Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: gay marriage in the US

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Damn, the US supreme court just legalized marriage in all fifty states.

I'm leaning on your Bible exegesis-time to shine walrus. Does the bible get its matrimony from another source? I think bible unites man and woman for pro creation. It is an original source for marriage imho. Binded by the creator. If true then civil unions are enough for gay couples.

I'm disappointed in the ruling. Don't get me wrong, although I find homosexuality itself repulsive and unnatural I would never dislike someone solely on the basis they are gay. It is the act of homosexuality I disagree with, not the human, if you follow me. Realizing homosexuals are, no matter how I feel about them I always thought civil unions were the appropriate way to go.

Yeah, why the frick does a gay couple need to have their union solidified by a homophobic book?
    It is demonic to me-by definition. An act of deception to use the creator's words for uniting two of the same gender. A book that states for one men to lie with another man is detestable...is the book they want to consummate their union? If there is an individual spirit called devil, he must be laughing his ass off.

I don't agree with the court changing the definition of marriage which for over two thousand years has been betwixt a man and a women, under God.WTF, very disappointed in the US supreme court.
    I am in total agreement. Let gays work where they show skill, let them own a home, property and the right to prosperity, but how does using a book called bible which is instruction for correction of self be used to justify ones sexual behaviour?

You are spot on for your questioning and reasoning. Gays have no rational explanation for why
    Civil union that gives a right to spousal benefits wasn't enough. This decision that Obama and now the supreme court has given I'd say is nothing more than the collapse of morality as we know it.

It is prophecy revealed: the turning of man against God.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 07-04-2015 at 01:33 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Gays have no rational explanation for why
    Civil union that gives a right to spousal benefits wasn't enough.
    Because they want to be recognized as a legit couple, no different from any heterosexual couple.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@walrus is it 2nd Timothy? 3:16. or 2?

The book is for self correction, not justification.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your book stinks, and thankfully is fading into irrelevancy.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Gays have no rational explanation for why
    Civil union that gives a right to spousal benefits wasn't enough.
    Because they want to be recognized as a legit couple, no different from any heterosexual couple.
    Legit in whose eyes?
    The Bible is purportedly the word of a god. Some say the true God.
    If so how do they think they can legitimize what that book flat out-ASS out CONDEMNED?!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not my book, but if it stinks , surely what reason would gays need to have those biblical words read during their matrimony?
    It's like the trifecta of hypocrisy.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loathe the Book gays want to use...In order to be legit, how laughable.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Legit in whose eyes?
    The Bible is purportedly the word of a god. Some say the true God.
    If so how do they think they can legitimize what that book flat out-ASS out CONDEMNED?!
    If there is a god he doesn't give two fiddler's fucks if you fancy guys or girls.

Gay couples are legit in the eyes of our modern society. Those who don't see them as legit have LOST. Their opinions carry no weight, and that's a beautiful thing.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not my book, but if it stinks , surely what reason would gays need to have those biblical words read during their matrimony?
    It's like the trifecta of hypocrisy.
    There is nothing wrong with living one's life by a moral code. The bible tells us homosexuality is wrong but also tells us not to judge. Just because a lot of people do something, does not make it right.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The bible tells us homosexuality is wrong but also tells us not to judge.
    Yeah it says a lot of stuff... a lot of nonsense!

It was written by men and passed down over so many years... I don't trust people now a days to give me the straight scoop, why the fuck would I put my faith in a bunch of assholes from thousands of years ago?

The world had a choice... and it chose the gays over the bible humpers! I'm sorry!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loathe the Book gays want to use...In order to be legit, how laughable.
    Yes, it all stinks! The bible, the Quran, all nonsense hahaha

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The bible tells us homosexuality is wrong but also tells us not to judge.
    Yeah it says a lot of stuff... a lot of nonsense!

It was written by men and passed down over so many years... I don't trust people now a days to give me the straight scoop, why the fuck would I put my faith in a bunch of assholes from thousands of years ago?

The world had a choice... and it chose the gays over the bible humpers! I'm sorry!
    No, its fine, I don't press the belief of billions on others, just saying there is nothing wrong with living by a moral code brought to us by others. I think St Paul was one of the smartest men who ever lived, if you believe otherwise, fine by me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm as open minded as they come and have zero beefs with gay marriage. What got me thinking though was dealing with quite a few gay or lesbian couples as clients, I caught myself being able to 'tell' the roles some seem to take on. As in...and this is going to sound ignoramus...the women who seem the dominate one of the two Its interesting that its to that point that people are genuially free, expressive and its common now that one almost 'acts' the part of male. Same with two men as one comes off more feminine than the other. Random I know and nothing new, just seeing it more. We are so fool of stereotypes and judgments today. Why waste so much time, so much effort on bringing down another's happiness. Its bizarre to me.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, the US supreme court just legalized marriage in all fifty states. I'm disappointed in the ruling. Don't get me wrong, although I find homosexuality itself repulsive and unnatural I would never dislike someone solely on the basis they are gay. It is the act of homosexuality I disagree with, not the human, if you follow me. Realizing homosexuals are, no matter how I feel about them I always thought civil unions were the appropriate way to go. I don't agree with the court changing the definition of marriage which for over two thousand years has been betwixt a man and a women, under God.WTF, very disappointed in the US supreme court.
    This is no regular Country anymore.

We stand for 'nothing'. It's as they say now .......... 'anything goes'.

Next up ............ Dogs and Cats living together.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I'm as open minded as they come and have zero beefs with gay marriage. What got me thinking though was dealing with quite a few gay or lesbian couples as clients, I caught myself being able to 'tell' the roles some seem to take on. As in...and this is going to sound ignoramus...the women who seem the dominate one of the two Its interesting that its to that point that people are genuially free, expressive and its common now that one almost 'acts' the part of male. Same with two men as one comes off more feminine than the other. Random I know and nothing new, just seeing it more. We are so fool of stereotypes and judgments today. Why waste so much time, so much effort on bringing down another's happiness. Its bizarre to me.
    I don't think that is judgmental or closed minded at all. Nobody is 100% male and 100% female anyway, we all have estrogen and testosterone, so whether you are Gay, straight , bi or even asexual you will in all relationships (and this is not just sexual ones, client /customer, Employer/employee, Platonic friendships) carry out some form of transaction where consciously or subconsciously take on a role. It's a kind of transaction. Even though I consider myself an agnostic I like the Jewish Idea of bringing the shekinah Or feminine spirituality down to earth. Most religions imbue Gd or God with male characteristics but female qualities like empathy would actually make the world a better place. We think as men smacking each other in the mouth form time to time is a good way to prove a point, and maybe it is, but we know how to make guns and bombs now, and things soon escalate. I got distracted but basically if we we just a bit more bitchy, cutting looks and "did you see what he was wearing" we might not be in the shit we are now. Anyway pass me the doobie sister
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information