Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default gay marriage in the US

Damn, the US supreme court just legalized marriage in all fifty states. I'm disappointed in the ruling. Don't get me wrong, although I find homosexuality itself repulsive and unnatural I would never dislike someone solely on the basis they are gay. It is the act of homosexuality I disagree with, not the human, if you follow me. Realizing homosexuals are, no matter how I feel about them I always thought civil unions were the appropriate way to go. I don't agree with the court changing the definition of marriage which for over two thousand years has been betwixt a man and a women, under God.WTF, very disappointed in the US supreme court.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: gay marriage in the US

When I read the thread title I was saying it in my head to the tune - born in the USA for some reason.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

I wonder what the liberals will come up with to complain about next?

For such a horrible, evil, vile, hateful country we're pretty accepting of huge changes like this.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

For such a horrible, evil, vile, hateful country we're pretty accepting of huge changes like this.
    The US being evil and can do no good is first year undergrad politics. Still prevails but is ill informed. Not to say that mistakes aren't made and parts of the US system I don't like but it's a lot more nuanced than many claim.

Out of interest, if you care to say, do you agree or diasgree with the change?
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a great ruling IMO.

Time for people to accept the fact that homosexual couples are just as legitimate as heterosexual couples. There's no real good argument against gay marriage.

People think it ruins the sanctity of marriage? Haven't shotgun weddings and the overwhelming divorce rate done that already? People think it's all about procreation? Well what about heterosexual couples that are infertile or choose not to have kids? Are they also ruining the sanctity of marriage?

I never got the hate against gays or gay marriage. It's such a fascist attitude. As a heterosexual man, the thought of having sex with another man is disgusting to me. But there's plenty of heterosexual fetishes I find unappealing, and types of women I find unappealing that others may like. Who cares? I don't have to have sex with another man, or suck on a woman's toes because some men have foot fetishes. People should stop trying to fuck with the happiness and freedom of others.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    It's a great ruling IMO.

Time for people to accept the fact that homosexual couples are just as legitimate as heterosexual couples. There's no real good argument against gay marriage.

People think it ruins the sanctity of marriage? Haven't shotgun weddings and the overwhelming divorce rate done that already? People think it's all about procreation? Well what about heterosexual couples that are infertile or choose not to have kids? Are they also ruining the sanctity of marriage?

I never got the hate against gays or gay marriage. It's such a fascist attitude. As a heterosexual man, the thought of having sex with another man is disgusting to me. But there's plenty of heterosexual fetishes I find unappealing, and types of women I find unappealing that others may like. Who cares? I don't have to have sex with another man, or suck on a woman's toes because some men have foot fetishes. People should stop trying to fuck with the happiness and freedom of others.
    Understand where you are coming from but is it up to the judicial branch to define marriage. The judiciary should not make laws, it should interrupt them and or rule them constitutional or unconstitutional. The legislature, if need be, should define marriage then the courts should define if said definition is constitutional. This is just another example of the courts having too much power, which was actually in one of the justices dissenting opinions, he asked if you really want to give the courts power to change the definition of something that has existed for thousands of years.

Imo, civil unions were an appropriate way to go for gays.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a great ruling IMO.

Well, if the definition of marriage is subjective what about bigamy. What's the problem there, if they all love each other, why not. What if a guy loves his dog and wants to marry it. Who are we to impede his happiness. Screw it, I want to marry a love doll. I'm tired of these fascist telling me I can't smoke crack, it makes me happy, I'm not hurting anyone else, what business is it of theirs. Commie bastards

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a great ruling IMO.

Also with over crowding and the end of the world due to it: Gays to the rescue.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Brace yourself for the imminent extremist feminism uprising siege that will seize our country when Shillary wins the election next year

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Damn, the US supreme court just legalized marriage in all fifty states. I'm disappointed in the ruling. Don't get me wrong, although I find homosexuality itself repulsive and unnatural I would never dislike someone solely on the basis they are gay. It is the act of homosexuality I disagree with, not the human, if you follow me. Realizing homosexuals are, no matter how I feel about them I always thought civil unions were the appropriate way to go. I don't agree with the court changing the definition of marriage which for over two thousand years has been betwixt a man and a women, under God.WTF, very disappointed in the US supreme court.
    Where would be the wrong in it, if two people of the same sex who never have sex at all fell in love and wanted to be married? They exist too btw.
    Just wondering from that point of view if their love and wish to share a life would be ok where as the ones with a sex life wouldnt be?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Where would be the wrong in it, if two people of the same sex who never have sex at all fell in love and wanted to be married? They exist too btw.
    Just wondering from that point of view if their love and wish to share a life would be ok where as the ones with a sex life wouldnt be?
    Well, once again Andre, I think if gays want to be together in such a fashion the legal unions they had were appropriate. As I've said, I don't agree with the court changing the definition of marriage. Gays do and will exists. I work with a couple of pillow bitters and I don't look down on them for being gay. The problem is not being attacked to men, the problem is the act of homosexual sex. Yes I'll say it, I think gays are called to abstain from sex. I have urges and desires I don't give into as I know they are wrong and I look at gay sex as one of those. I like you Andre, I have no desire to cornhole you, sorry to say, but if I did, I wouldn't. That may sound like a strange belief and it is not something I preach to gays, unless they ask my opinion which they don't. Anyway, just my feelings and thoughts on the matter. Has anyone ever wondered if Miles is gay, we know Kirkland is.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't really care what they doing to each other, i don't mind lesbians but when two guys kicking it next to me at a train station i once was at, they basically made out licked each others face off and i had to tell them to take it easy, or til they get a room, i didn't mean to hurt them or anything just cut it down in public.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem is not being attacked to men, the problem is the act of homosexual sex. Yes I'll say it, I think gays are called to abstain from sex. I have urges and desires I don't give into as I know they are wrong and I look at gay sex as one of those.
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I wouldn't try to take the right from anyone. But everyone has to right to have an opinion on the opinion's and views of others, and all I can say is it makes me very happy to know that this stance against homosexuals is no longer the majority and no longer has any power. Equality is here, it's not going away and those opposed to it have lost decisively.

On the subject of religious freedom and whether or not stores should have the right to refuse service to gays on the grounds of religious freedom... freedom of religion gives you the right to practice whatever religion you want, it doesn't give you the right to arbitrarily deny the rights of others because it's not in line with your beliefs. Discrimination is not tolerated, society has determined that homosexual couples have the same rights to marriage as heterosexuals, so if that doesn't work for the churches then maybe they should start paying taxes because clearly they are inclusive and not doing a service to society as a whole.

I got a good laugh at all the homophobic Americans on twitter saying they're going to move up here to Canada because of the verdict. Gay marriage has been legal country wide up here for 10 years.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldnt give a rat's fucking ass if a man wants to fuck another man in the ass while singing "twinkle twinkle little star" and then get married to him, likewise, i could not give two shits if 3 women dressed as brock lesnar wanted to eat each others' vaginas out to the tune of "freebird" and then do a group marriage of 3.

Who cares even if a man wants to fuck the shit out of a horse or sheep, then marry that sheep, then divorce that sheep, then hire 3 more men to gang-bang that sheep and they all get married?

I could not give a fucking shit.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I couldnt give a rat's fucking ass if a man wants to fuck another man in the ass while singing "twinkle twinkle little star" and then get married to him, likewise, i could not give two shits if 3 women dressed as brock lesnar wanted to eat each others' vaginas out to the tune of "freebird" and then do a group marriage of 3.

Who cares even if a man wants to fuck the shit out of a horse or sheep, then marry that sheep, then divorce that sheep, then hire 3 more men to gang-bang that sheep and they all get married?

I could not give a fucking shit.
    Well, if you really don't care about getting cornholed could you stop by my house tomorrow, believe me, you will care by the time you leave my boudoir @brocktonblockbust
    Last edited by walrus; 06-28-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Thread Information