Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Toney should of came in shape, then he would o won!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default James Toney should of came in shape, then he would o won!

Toney was out of shape & outpointed becuz of his arrogance! Rahman's power didn't hurt Toney so we all can see that he can take a punch, but just becuz Toney can't KO like a heavyweight doesn't mean he can't beat a heavyweight! If he trains right and loses the weight, a second time with Rahman will be an easier fight! Toney still has it if he can lose the weight!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James Toney should of came in shape, then he would o won!

No doubt man. I thought a draw was bein kinda generous too Toney, but was by no means a gift. Rahman outworked da Tub, but barely. Toney still pot shotted him and showed that if his lazy ass would get down to at least 220, he would dominate The Rock. I'm amazed James didn't fade or pass out, I mean he was outta shape big time. He's still the most talented guy at HW and can anybody out there, just needs to get in better shape.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    No doubt man. I thought a draw was bein kinda generous too Toney, but was by no means a gift. Rahman outworked da Tub, but barely. Toney still pot shotted him and showed that if his lazy a** would get down to at least 220, he would dominate The Rock. I'm amazed James didn't fade or pass out, I mean he was outta shape big time. He's still the most talented guy at HW and can anybody out there, just needs to get in better shape.
    THank you.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4
    Toney was out of shape & outpointed becuz of his arrogance! Rahman's power didn't hurt Toney so we all can see that he can take a punch, but just becuz Toney can't KO like a heavyweight doesn't mean he can't beat a heavyweight! If he trains right and loses the weight, a second time with Rahman will be an easier fight! Toney still has it if he can lose the weight!
    agreed. an in shape toney beats rahman with a clear UD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NorthSideX4
    Here's the thing...I don't like Toney...he's arrogant & I just don't like him...but that's not to say that he can't fight. He's a damned fine boxer...but he IS NOT A HEAVYWEIGHT. I'm sorry...he's not. He weighs 237 lbs...but he's not a heavyweight fighter. He's just fat. If he trains right and loses the weight...good for him...but he needs to move back down. I'd respect his ass a hell of a lot more if he did.

Truthfully...I'd love it if he dropped down to 175...really...he could dominate the division & I'd love to see him tear in to Tarver.

Toney was one of the most talented cruisers & super middles on the planet...why? Because he is just that...an actual cruiser or super middle.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wacko, Wacko Wacko....you criticize Jones for jumped back down to 175, claiming it ruined him. He weighed 200 even, or around there. Tone weighs 40 pounds more than that and you wan't him to come down to 175. That's 65 damn pounds even if it is mostly fat. Ya gotta figure, where is the money at for James? At HW, not LH or Cruiser. The glory is also at HW, what adds to his legacy more? Being HW Champ of the World or LH or Cruiser Champ?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good points, hulk....it would be tough on toney, especially at 37...he's hardly in his physical prime or anything...

toney can do fine at heavyweight against the motley crew we have hanging around, but only if he focusses and loses that repulsive blubber....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Wacko, Wacko Wacko....you criticize Jones for jumped back down to 175, claiming it ruined him. He weighed 200 even, or around there. Tone weighs 40 pounds more than that and you wan't him to come down to 175. That's 65 damn pounds even if it is mostly fat. Ya gotta figure, where is the money at for James? At HW, not LH or Cruiser. The glory is also at HW, what adds to his legacy more? Being HW Champ of the World or LH or Cruiser Champ?
    I didn't criticize him...I speculated that that is what hurt him...not just jumping to the weight...but not taking the time to accomodate his body.

What adds to his legacy more? Winning a fight & looking good @ heavyweight...great point...but that point get's shot to shat when you can't do it without steroids. Come on hulk.

I mean...Toney's trying to use cigars as an excuse now. Again...I have no respect for the man.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Toney will ever make 175 again, much less cruiser, it just won't happen

But 238? Come the F*** on. Its hard being a Toney fan, and I always will be, I don't jump ship, its hard cause he doesn't take it seriously. I think HW is where he's at now and I think he could be a good one at 215-220, he's got a good chin and great skills but he let himself be outworked by Rahman, its just annoying.

I had it 7-5 Rock, I've seen some writers say it should have been a draw, and I don't have a problem with that, 117-111 was ridiculous, but if anybody deserved to actually win the fight it was Rahman. Why? Because he wanted it more. Just annoying.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I don't think Toney will ever make 175 again, much less cruiser, it just won't happen

But 238? Come the F*** on. Its hard being a Toney fan, and I always will be, I don't jump ship, its hard cause he doesn't take it seriously. I think HW is where he's at now and I think he could be a good one at 215-220, he's got a good chin and great skills but he let himself be outworked by Rahman, its just annoying.

I had it 7-5 Rock, I've seen some writers say it should have been a draw, and I don't have a problem with that, 117-111 was ridiculous, but if anybody deserved to actually win the fight it was Rahman. Why? Because he wanted it more. Just annoying.
    as a toney fan i couldnt put it any better myself

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Northside, If my aunty had bo11ocks she's be my uncle

2 out 3 of your certain predictions have now gone t1ts up, just need Winky to put an end to Jermain "The Hype" Taylor and you can retire
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H

2 out 3 of your certain predictions have now gone t1ts up, just need Winky to put an end to Jermain "The Hype" Taylor and you can retire
    You know...just after the Lacy loss...I was criticized for riding Northside about his "champions" totally dominating everyone that boxed such as Lacy, Toney, Tito...I felt that I had ridden the horse to long...BIG H...I applaude you for reminding me of what life is all about...

Hey Northus...Tito = Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! I told you so! Lacy = Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! I told you Calzaghe were'nt no joke! Toney = Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! I told you so!

Taylor will most like end in...yep...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! I told you so!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

You know...just after the Lacy loss...I was criticized for riding Northside about his "champions" totally dominating everyone that boxed such as Lacy, Toney, Tito...I felt that I had ridden the horse to long...BIG H...I applaude you for reminding me of what life is all about...

Hey Northus...Tito = Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! I told you so! Lacy = Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! I told you Calzaghe were'nt no joke! Toney = Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! I told you so!

Taylor will most like end in...yep...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!!! I told you so!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Toney is so great why does he then need so many excuses like juice and his weight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now that wont happen! Taylor will win, you all will see

Thread Information