Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua - Whyte set, date TBC.

Anthony Joshua-Dillian Whyte Deal Set, Says BBBoC - Boxing News

I've heard it could be November. So it's finally happening then, does Whyte have a chance? Glad this fight is happening because Joshua is going to actually fight somebody who can give it back to him. That's when we will see if Joshua is actually any good, he's looked amazing agaianst shit opposition and so did David Price. But until he's put under pressure we don't know how good he will be. I'm not saying he won't be or can't , I'm just saying he's still unproven.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua - Whyte set, date TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

I've heard it could be November. So it's finally happening then, does Whyte have a chance? Glad this fight is happening because Joshua is going to actually fight somebody who can give it back to him. That's when we will see if Joshua is actually any good, he's looked amazing agaianst shit opposition and so did David Price. But until he's put under pressure we don't know how good he will be. I'm not saying he won't be or can't , I'm just saying he's still unproven.
    Phave you been taken in by the hype as well?

Of course he has a chance! Who has Joshua beaten yet?

Whyte is the only person we have seen drop Joshua ( although Price has sparked him in sparring) so at least has a chance!! Hes also unbeaten and actuall wants to win...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte bottled the Sep 12th date - apparently needs more time. If this fight is a cert for later in the year, AJ wont be fighting the likes of Wach or Thompson on that date
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not a good fight for me. Whyte is really average and wouldnt be sure hed beat Johnson. Joshua in 1 or 2. People are buying into that amateur fight far too much. It means nothing. Joshua was a complete novice and wasnt anywhere near the conditioned beast he is now. I would have preferred Wach but I guess this will sell more.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Not a good fight for me. Whyte is really average and wouldnt be sure hed beat Johnson. Joshua in 1 or 2. People are buying into that amateur fight far too much. It means nothing. Joshua was a complete novice and wasnt anywhere near the conditioned beast he is now. I would have preferred Wach but I guess this will sell more.
    Joshua was a novice?

It was Whytes first fight! Hahaha!

Whyte has more pro experience now with sparring world class heavies and actual bouts so yeah they arent the same fighters!

Unless you are trying to include Joshuas amateur experience where most people agree he lost at least the Savon bout and should not have progressed beyond that.

Whyte didnt accept the September date because hes only come back from a 2 year absence last November and then only had 3 months before he broke his hand which has been in a cast! some people...

He wants a warm up amd then he's facing Joshua this year.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Whyte is the only person we have seen drop Joshua ( although Price has sparked him in sparring) so at least has a chance!! Hes also unbeaten and actuall wants to win...
    No I've not lol, did you not read what I put after?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah lets not buy the AJ hype. Who the fuck has he fought? Whyte has been learning his trade the right way, beating fat belly Latvian punch bags... oh and of course he has the invaluable experience of once being in the presence of the Fury's.

Hearn gave Whyte the warm up he wanted - stuck him on the Hull bill.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight, I'm really looking forward to this one. I hear Whyte may fight on September 12th against another opponent to sell it a little more.

If Lucas Browne vacates his Commonwealth, I've heard Joshua might be fighting Gary Cornish on September 12th.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Lucky if this goes a round.

Who has Joshua beaten? Who has whyte beaten?

Joshua smashed Johnson, the guy who Fury took a snoozefest UD against? Now Fury has a title shot, that has to show how dangerous he is.

I agree that Johnson isnt a world challenger now but he'll walk through whyte easy.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Whyte and until Ross wrote about his injury I was wondering why he was not so active.

I would love him to de-rail AJ. That would be funny seeing Hearn and Sky's face.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I like Whyte and until Ross wrote about his injury I was wondering why he was not so active.

I would love him to de-rail AJ. That would be funny seeing Hearn and Sky's face.
    Injury lol.

Lets not forget the 2 years PEDs ban.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte is a breath of fresh air. He had 5 fights in 3 months after his 2 year ban. He wants to be active but broke his hand in his last fight in February. He has only just been able to start using the hand in training again and with such an important fight for him its fair he should want a warm up after another enforced absence.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is similar to when Riddick Bowe fought Jorge Luis Gonzalez. Gonzalez was a cuban who beat Bowe as an amateur and a big thing was made about that fact. So much so, that many thought Gonzalez would win, but after six very one sided rounds, that was made to seem crazy.

I see a similar outcome with this. If Whyte thinks he's fighting the same fighter he fought in 08, I see another quick win for AJ.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You want to see a talented young man fail because you're a ponce? Bit harsh...
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-10-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

You want to see a talented young man fail because you're a ponce? Bit harsh...

Nope he is just to tight to buy sky tv.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information