Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rigo says he will go to 126 for Loma

With the rest of 122 hiding under rocks Rigo is looking up to get a fight.

Loma has looked like a fighter that wants the best but they recently said Walters offers them nothing without his belt then they said they would try to get Selby or Vetyeka who lost his belt to Donaire.(not sure how he offers something but Walters doesn't)So that reeks a bit, their response to Rigo will show a lot about if they really want the tough fights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rigo says he will go to 126 for Loma

I would be shocked if he fought rigo. No way that arum wants Loma to be embarrassed that bad at this point of his career.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I would be shocked if he fought rigo. No way that arum wants Loma to be embarrassed that bad at this point of his career.
    Loma is bigger though, that should make it interesting. And younger, 34 is rather old for such a small man as Rigo.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think you are wrong, Arum has loads of confidence in Loma and has from the very beginning.
    I'd love to see this fight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its being noted at several places including Ring that Rigo may be going to Haymon which would kill that fight because of the suit. Be a great fight though. I think its going to be Frampton/Rigo if that happens or maybe the winner of Mares/Santa Cruz but I doubt either would sack up.

The Al Haymon talent collection effort continues, as it looks like he will maybe have the mega-talented Cuban Guillermo Rigondeaux under his umbrella.

Rigo is one of the top handful of pure pugilists on the planet, and his record stands at 15-0. THE RING’s 122-pound champ is in a non-sexy weight class, though, so he hasn’t attracted the attention of networks like his talent might suggest he would. He last gloved up in December, scoring a stoppage win over Hisahi Amagasa in Japan.

Rigo is promoted by Caribe, and managed by Gary Hyde, currently. His contract with Hyde runs through February, the Irishman tells me. He believes that Rigo could hop aboard the Haymon train but said that no one from that squad has reached out top him. Hyde admits he’s frustrated that Rigo is 34, his window is not infinite and hasn’t been aggressive in agreeing to deals he has brought to the table, promotional as well as for compelling fights, the last few years.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel that Loma has a bright future but is obviously still a bit green. I don't think that Loma does well at all against rigo. He may win a few rounds but I can't see him winning.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rigo taking on the best challenges available, how very refreshing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Its being noted at several places including Ring that Rigo may be going to Haymon which would kill that fight because of the suit. Be a great fight though. I think its going to be Frampton/Rigo if that happens or maybe the winner of Mares/Santa Cruz but I doubt either would sack up.

The Al Haymon talent collection effort continues, as it looks like he will maybe have the mega-talented Cuban Guillermo Rigondeaux under his umbrella.

Rigo is one of the top handful of pure pugilists on the planet, and his record stands at 15-0. THE RING’s 122-pound champ is in a non-sexy weight class, though, so he hasn’t attracted the attention of networks like his talent might suggest he would. He last gloved up in December, scoring a stoppage win over Hisahi Amagasa in Japan.

Rigo is promoted by Caribe, and managed by Gary Hyde, currently. His contract with Hyde runs through February, the Irishman tells me. He believes that Rigo could hop aboard the Haymon train but said that no one from that squad has reached out top him. Hyde admits he’s frustrated that Rigo is 34, his window is not infinite and hasn’t been aggressive in agreeing to deals he has brought to the table, promotional as well as for compelling fights, the last few years.
    But wouldn't that be after February though? That doesn't effect a fight now. I also don't agree with the assessment by the writer 122 isn't a sexy division. It's damn sexy if they would just be willing to fight Rigo.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And to be clear it was Lomachenkos manager who started this talk by saying THEY WANTED this fight but the already small for 122 Rigo would have to come to 126. Rigo simply said he is eager to comply. Is he calling a bluff or will Lomas team follow up on their talk?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

But wouldn't that be after February though? That doesn't effect a fight now. I also don't agree with the assessment by the writer 122 isn't a sexy division. It's damn sexy if they would just be willing to fight Rigo.

It would be nice if they could get it done while Rigo is not with Haymon but lets not forget that there was a ton of bad blood between Top Rank and Rigo prior to his departure.

I think Rigo is the most talented fighter on the planet but his problem seems to be that he has his head to far up his own ass. He's kind of like Ward in that respect. Thinks that boxing should revolve around him. He has said that he would move up to 26 for the right cash so I guess we will see. Its frustrating these days because even in a division area as rich as 22/26, people seem to find ways not to fight rather then fight.

One other factor needs to be brought up regarding your initial post. Walters wanted Loma before he moved. Top Rank showed no interest in the fight and for good reason. The moment Nic blew weight and looked to be moving up then Arums group said there was nothing in it for him because he never had a belt. I mean it really is laughable.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

It would be nice if they could get it done while Rigo is not with Haymon but lets not forget that there was a ton of bad blood between Top Rank and Rigo prior to his departure.

I think Rigo is the most talented fighter on the planet but his problem seems to be that he has his head to far up his own ass. He's kind of like Ward in that respect. Thinks that boxing should revolve around him. He has said that he would move up to 26 for the right cash so I guess we will see. Its frustrating these days because even in a division area as rich as 22/26, people seem to find ways not to fight rather then fight.

One other factor needs to be brought up regarding your initial post. Walters wanted Loma before he moved. Top Rank showed no interest in the fight and for good reason. The moment Nic blew weight and looked to be moving up then Arums group said there was nothing in it for him because he never had a belt. I mean it really is laughable.
    I support Rigo because it is sport, what matters is how good you are. I know everyone wants "entertainment" but that cuts away at the essence. I want this fight bad, not for Rigo to win but simply for the good of the sport as a whole. Frankly I think it is better for the younger Loma to win. But then part of me thinks a competitive loss for Loma would be good if he continued to match hard and became a star anyway. For people to see wins and losses don't hurt your marketability. And for fans to wake the fuck up and realize hard fights are what they should be calling for. I spend half my time on messageboards reading why this guy or that guy shouldn't take a hard fight. It blows my mind.

And I want Loma to be the guy he appears to be willing to take on all. But them saying Vetyeka is a fight they want after saying Walters offers nothing calls them hard into question. Because that premise is laughable.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Rigo taking on the best challenges available, how very refreshing.
    There's that too. Would PPV to see the fight all by itself!
    Two of the best taking on each other is hard to resist, for me.
    One last comment, this wouldn't be a typical Rigo or Loma fight, these two are both good enough to make the other fight. IMO
    Last edited by beenKOed; 07-12-2015 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't get it...I saw an HBO show where they have Lomachenko rated p4p already...wtf. he's got like 5 fights and he already lost to Salido. There's gotta be a shit load of Cuban ams that fucking hate this guy right now.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    I just don't get it...I saw an HBO show where they have Lomachenko rated p4p already...wtf. he's got like 5 fights and he already lost to Salido. There's gotta be a shit load of Cuban ams that fucking hate this guy right now.
    That's boxing these days, nothing is earned. Loma definitely looks the part but many guys have looked the part until they met equal talent. I think only 2 guys at or around 126 have a chance against him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All this talk from fighters about fighting this guy or that is a real drag. Once they get in the ring is what matters.

It looks like Rigo is trying to wait out his contract and move to Haymon. The good in that is a Frampton fight becomes a possibility the bad is that Rigondeaux may be inactive until then.

I don't see the Lomachenko fight happening, it would be a fantastic clash of skill.

Thread Information