Have you ever wondered what happened to some of the former past-champions or fighters? Guys who had it all in them but just never could have pulled it out?

Here are a few guys I felt that could have been more than what they were and what their legacy ended up to be:

1. Mark Breland. If there was anyone in that 1980's pack that could have separated himself in the Welterweight division it was Breland. He could have OWNED the mid-80's and could have been respectable if not owned the later part of the 1980's and possibly could have done well in the early 90's, at least 90 to 92. He just could not separate himself and win out at any time of his career against good guys!

We will always put that 1980's welterweight division as a division deep with talent, with the likes of Donald Curry, Aaron Davis, Marlon Starling, Milton McCrory and Lloyd Honeyghan, he could have beaten them all if he had the spirit inside to get up and fight hard for 3 minutes of every round.

2. Victor Ortiz. Now, I know you are probably gonna laugh your ass off at me. But, the Ortiz that beat Berto, that was beating Maidana before he gave up (and probably is part of the reason why he underwhelmed) and was giving a great fight to Mayweather Jr., had all of the tools to be better than what he was/is. He had it. He just could not get his mind right and remember that fighting is more than just quick hands and a good punch. It's also more than just athleticism... you have to have heart and fight through the pain, and in some instances and in particular with the Mayweather incident, fight through the shame of being clocked and put on the floor on the biggest stage possible.

3. David Tua. The Tua-man could have been a LEGEND. If only he had more than a left hook, and only if he had used more than a left hook against Lewis, we would be having different conversations on the greatness that could have been David Tua. He had it. He just failed to rise.

Anyone on your list that could have been better than what they were?