World Champion Gary Russell Jr, Antonio Russell & former champion Vincent Pettway to attend “Road to the Worlds”!

For Immediate Release

Baltimore, MD (July 14, 2015) – WBC featherweight champion Gary “Mr.” Russell Jr., undefeated prospect Antonio Russell and former welterweight titlist Vincent Pettway will all be in attendance for Baltimore Boxing’s “Road to the Worlds” Thursday evening at Michael’s Eighth Avenue in Glen Burnie, MD.

Individual tickets starting at $25, reserve tables of 10 for $350 and VIP tables of 10 for $500 are on sale via the web at Baltimoreboxing.com or by calling 410-375-9175. Doors open at 6:30 and the first fight takes place at 8.
More than eight Olympic style bouts are scheduled for “Road to the Worlds” including fighters from various weight classes. Competing Thursday evening will be popular knockout king Sam Crossed, 2009 Ringside World champion Joey Veazey, fast rising Donald Wallace, Ernie Hall, Rick Foxwell and Sean Veazey amongst others.

With the Ringside World Championships scheduled August 5-8 in Missouri, Baltimore Boxing is donating 100% of the proceeds from “Road to the Worlds” to help the fighters pay for the tournament and various expenses that come with attending. This includes but is not limited to flights, ground transportation, lodging and food. To further assist with the fundraising efforts, a 50/50 raffle will take place during the evening.

An elite talent who many consider to have the fastest hands in boxing, Russell Jr. captured the WBC featherweight title following a career best performance where he knocked out Jhonny Gonzalez in the fourth round. The Washington, DC native won countless national amateur championships prior to turning pro and was a favorite to capture gold during the 2008 Olympics. Unfortunately, he passed out trying to make weight and never got to compete. At 26-1 with 15 knockouts, Russell Jr. looks to be a force for years to come and is a face that fans will become accustomed to seeing on TV.

Like his older brother, Antonio Russell came into the pro ranks following an impressive amateur career. The winner of the 2013 National Golden Gloves, Russell won medals three of the five years he competed in the nationals, capturing silver in 2010 and 2014. As a professional, Russell fights in the bantamweight division and is 3-0 with 2 wins by knockout.

The fighting pride of Charm City, Pettway stopped Gianfranco Rossi in 1994 to become the IBF junior middleweight champion. His next match however earned Pettway permanent fame in the boxing community. On April 29, 1995, Pettway scored a dynamic one punch knockout of Simon Brown. When Brown crashed to the canvas, the force of Pettway’s punch discombobulated him to the point that he literally threw punches at the air. The knockout has been viewed millions of times on the internet and remains one of the best in boxing history.

“I’m really looking forward to having the Russell Brothers and Vincent at my show,” said Smith. “Gary fought on my show when he was an amateur and I literally had goose bumps watching him fight. He was the most talented amateur I’ve ever seen and his brother was a heck of a fighter too. Their father has been a friend of mine for years and it’s amazing how many talented fighters came from that household. Vincent’s been a great supporter of Baltimore Boxing and the city as long as I could remember. Having him on fight night is always a pleasure and the fans show him a lot of love. Between the fighters on hand, boxers scheduled to compete and cause this card is supporting, Thursday will be a great all around evening.”

The Russell Brothers and Pettway will be available to meet with all ticketholders.

Baltimore Boxing kindly ask those who can’t attend to donate by going to Road to the World Championships by Baltimore Boxing - GoFundMe.

For more information, go to Baltimoreboxing.com