Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Fury beats Wlad...

Fury vacated the british belts to fight for the irish heavyweight title didn't he ? If fury wins he will be irelands greatest heavyweight champion not britians :S.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    To be fair, as @IamInuit will verify, if you're a boxer who has spent at least 1 hour in Canada, then you're recognized as Canadian.
    Not to mention if you learn to box here and choose to represent us in the Olympics!

Jamaican genetics, Canadian trained... oh, but he does have a British accent! I guess that counts for something.... hahaha
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sun will shine brighter on the UK, Brits all around the globe will step a little lighter and hold their chests out as far as possible, English type pubs around the world will do record sales, Ross will spend more time under the covers with nothing but Fury on his mind, and Xwetie will be hanging out in some of those pubs educating the occasional drunk Brit. It's going to be AWFUL if Fury beats Wlad. LOL

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    The sun will shine brighter on the UK, Brits all around the globe will step a little lighter and hold their chests out as far as possible, English type pubs around the world will do record sales, Ross will spend more time under the covers with nothing but Fury on his mind, and Xwetie will be hanging out in some of those pubs educating the occasional drunk Brit. It's going to be AWFUL if Fury beats Wlad. LOL
    With my ipad ripping all you dunces on here

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You never quit Beanflicker.

If he wins, which I doubt, he wouldn't even be second best behind Lennox. Although in terms of achievement it would be up there.

Lennox, born in East London, moved to Canada at 13 and was mocked for his cockney accent. Calls himself British. He boxed for Canada because he lived in Canada. In amateur boxing you can't fight and live in one country and represent another, well, not realistically. So to box at the nationals, then the Olympics etc it had to be for Canada. But he ditched that flag when it was practical.

I know you know deep down that calling him Canadian is pretty tenuous (how many Canadians happen to be West Ham fans?) but for fun go to 3.08 here for a succinct view of what Lennox thinks...

Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury neating Wlad trumps any win Lewis has.

Lewis never won hos titles by beating a defending champ.

Wlad is seen as the man and the most dominant heavy for a very long time and when Tyson beats him Lewis and Haye will be spitting feathers because that big goofy lumox has a better win than either of them and given how young he is has years of his prime left to dominate.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

If he wins, which I doubt, he wouldn't even be second best behind Lennox. Although in terms of achievement it would be up there.

Lennox, born in East London, moved to Canada at 13 and was mocked for his cockney accent. Calls himself British. He boxed for Canada because he lived in Canada. In amateur boxing you can't fight and live in one country and represent another, well, not realistically. So to box at the nationals, then the Olympics etc it had to be for Canada. But he ditched that flag when it was practical.

I know you know deep down that calling him Canadian is pretty tenuous (how many Canadians happen to be West Ham fans?) but for fun go to 3.08 here for a succinct view of what Lennox thinks...

It's understood that Lennox made much more money because he "defected" to England. Canadians are just not into boxing like the Brits.

I honestly just don't see where the UK comes in to Lennox's in-ring success.

Born with Jamaican genetics.

Learned to box in Canada and represented Canada at the Olympics, winning a gold medal for Canada.

Went pro, trained to greatness by an American trainer.

Oh... but he talks with a British accent. That accent doesn't win you world championships! I think David Price has proven that quite conclusively!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't even think he has an English accent! More Canadian to me.
    As for "He supports West Ham!" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

It's understood that Lennox made much more money because he "defected" to England. Canadians are just not into boxing like the Brits.

Learned to box in Canada and represented Canada at the Olympics, winning a gold medal for Canada.

Oh... but he talks with a British accent. That accent doesn't win you world championships! I think David Price has proven that quite conclusively!

Since when?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's because of his silly Canadian twanged accent that he wasn't taken to when he came back home.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate, he learned to box in Canada yes. That gold was for Canada. No problems. That's for Canada. But he sure as shit is not 'Canadian' is he.

His British nationality is about more than an accent as you know. It's about being born in London. Living there for 13 years. Then coming back when he was a young adult. Calling himself British. He is British with Jamaican heritage. If you weren't Canadian I doubt you'd argue that. But yes that gold was for Canada. You can have it. You need those Olympic golds way more than we do.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I don't even think he has an English accent! More Canadian to me.
    As for "He supports West Ham!" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    To American's he sounds British. To British he sounds like a mid-atlantic type hard to pick mix.

And he does support West Ham. Quite legitimately. Speaks knowledgeably about them.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You'll find some Brits that say he isn't British.
    Most of those will be the same that would say Amir Khan is not British. (most, not all).
    That might let you know a bit about where their view comes from.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was lucky that old Lenny was never born in Canada, in his opinion he'd had never had a chance of being a boxer as the place is full of wimps.

"My mum took me to Canada when I was 12, but I am British in my heart. There is a real fearlessness to the British that I feel. I came out of a dance in Canada when I was a teenager and about 30 kids came after me and my friend, and I said, β€˜Let's stand our ground.' So we turned to these kids and said, β€˜Come on then, let's have you.' And they all ran away, until there were just two or three left. In East London, that would never have happened. They'd have stayed together and beaten me up." Lennox Lewis
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It was lucky that old Lenny was never born in Canada, in his opinion he'd had never had a chance of being a boxer as the place is full of wimps.
    That makes a hell of a lot of sense.

I mean he spent 13 years NOT boxing in England, then came to Canada and started boxing almost right away. But yeah, I see your point, there's no way he would have become a boxer had he been born in Canada.

Imagine if he stayed over in England. He'd have been another clog in a long line of chinless, garbage HWs. He'd be like Price, getting knocked out by every man with a decent punch and crying in the ring.

Thread Information