13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd vs berto.......meh

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Floyd is not a one trick pony, he has an arsenal above and beyond that of everyone he fights according to most fighters... if 5% is all he needs to beat some of these guys, then he's happy and most wont demand more of him. I do. If you use %5 and get a close decision or what ifs, then you deserve whatever flack comes your way.
    Do you really believe Floyd is beating guys like Manny Pacquaio using 5% of his potential? I mean come on dude.

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, and most importantly it's about winning fights. People have this expectation that Floyd should come out and fight like Arturo Gatti, even though he has the ability to beat a guy and take very little damage.

Nobody gives Willie Pep shit and says he should have been more aggressive and went for the KO more, and nobody accuses him of not putting in a good effort despite very rarely scoring a stoppage. Nobody shits on Ali (now that Bill Paxtom is gone, anyway) that he never KO'd so and so and just cruised to a victory.

It's just haters being haters. When haters want to hate on a guy, they bring up his losses and his pitfalls and say "ha ha". Floyd haters can't do that because he's never lost and 99% of his career has been in-ring brilliance. So they have to resort to saying things like "oh he fights like a coward" (while praising guys like Willie Pep) and "oh he's egotistical, he beats up women, he's greedy, ect" (all of which Sugar Ray Robinson and many other great champions were and did). All I'm saying is be consistent. If Floyd stinks because he loves money, then everyone stinks too. If you want to say he's garbage because he beat up his girlfriend or doesn't get a lot of KO's, then you're also saying a lot of great champions of the past are garbage as well.
    5% of course is an exaggeration; How about 45? 65% 70% or does even 80% make anyone feel better about the money they spend to Listen to/ watch this...
    https://youtu.be/x8LuQItZaDs

and this...
    https://youtu.be/v0LSsphSesY

and this...

and with all his speed, hard work, dedication, ring generalship accuracy and defense in the pocket... not be able to pick up counter punching opportunities that a much slower marquez feasted on for 4 fights. Or the overhand right that marquez laid the blueprint for... so he could do this....

https://youtu.be/jC9bTx0NcGE

He wasn't more capable than that? That was his 100% hard work, dedication, accuracy, speed, pedigree.. from a a man born in the boxing gym? Noone says he has to engage meet every fighter in the middle of the ring, or even spend the whole fight sacrificing him his pretty boy mug for counter punching opportunities. But after 4 round or even 6, you don't think he could have landed some combinations, some counter punching opportunities or went on the offensive for more than 10 seconds collectively, with the arsenal at his disposal? (and his 1000 dollar specially prepared meals) Especially after he catches pac coming in and freezes him and stands there staring at him? And now, he's going to wipe his butt with Berto, who's been beat by guerrero, ortiz, and pounded by soto karass... I could be alone in my perspective, but he's not doing enough for what hes capable of to be called the best ever.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You say Floyd should have fought more like JMM against Pac... but in JMM's 4 fights with Pac, he absorbed a ton of damage, was knocked on his ass at least half a dozen times, had his nose shattered, face cut up... and most importantly, he went 1/4 against Pac (even though most of us can agree he deserved at least one or two of those decisions).

In the first 3 fights, Manny landed an average 160.3 punches per fight on Marquez.

Against Mayweather, Manny landed half of that - 81 punches in total.

And most importantly, Floyd won a wide, uncontroversial decision over Pac.

So you really think Floyd should have fought more like JMM? Yeah, it would have been more entertaining for the fans, but why make anything harder than it needs to be?

And again, why do you have to be a KO artist to be considered great? Floyd has a 54% KO ratio... not great, but SRR (if you just look at his wins) only has a 62% KO ratio, and he's considered TBE. So your logic is full of holes and inconsistencies, as is usually the case with Floyd haters.
    Last edited by Beanflicker; 07-24-2015 at 07:35 PM.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not compare Floyd with SRR, Mayweather is a boring ass, safety first boring flash shit of a boxer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Do not compare Floyd with SRR, Mayweather is a boring ass, safety first boring flash shit of a boxer.

....but he's most certainly TBE!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a piss take fight and should be ignored.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

...this coming from a guy who'll make 16 posts about his ever changing day to day feelings about the new Modest Mouse, Manic Street Preachers or Muse albums!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

...this coming from a guy who'll make 16 posts about his ever changing day to day feelings about the new Modest Mouse, Manic Street Preachers or Muse albums!
    I would take the new Muse album at the retail price over a free Floyd Mayweather fight in a heartbeat. The new Modest Mouse is more on a par with the Mayweather/Berto fight. A bit rubbish.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

I would take the new Muse album at the retail price over a free Floyd Mayweather fight in a heartbeat. The new Modest Mouse is more on a par with the Mayweather/Berto fight. A bit rubbish.
    You have no taste Miles.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You say Floyd should have fought more like JMM against Pac... but in JMM's 4 fights with Pac, he absorbed a ton of damage, was knocked on his ass at least half a dozen times, had his nose shattered, face cut up... and most importantly, he went 1/4 against Pac (even though most of us can agree he deserved at least one or two of those decisions).

In the first 3 fights, Manny landed an average 160.3 punches per fight on Marquez.

So you really think Floyd should have fought more like JMM? Yeah, it would have been more entertaining for the fans, but why make anything harder than it needs to be?

And again, why do you have to be a KO artist to be considered great? Floyd has a 54% KO ratio... not great, but SRR (if you just look at his wins) only has a 62% KO ratio, and he's considered TBE. So your logic is full of holes and inconsistencies, as is usually the case with Floyd haters.
    First, I never said he had to fight Marquez's fight. Second, I never said he needed to be a ko artist to be great. What I said was with his speed,ring generalship, experience, intelligence and all the other things that he claims makes him "the best ever" , he should have been able to take advantage of at least some of those opportunities and not paid the price. He could have, tied up, circled out or used his footwork to slip out after he did. Instead he chose to do all of that without even trying because he already had your money and then stood there cheering for himself in the closing seconds while he played keep away. Again, he's entitled to do that if the refs,the broadcasters, the sanctioning bodies and some of the fans believe it's a superb showcase of his talents and believe it's work 32 million. Other fans are entitled to their opinion too that it's a farce for someone who claims to be the best ever in a combatitive support to rarely choose to be combatitive... And they refuse too support or credit him for it.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is not a one trick pony, he has an arsenal above and beyond that of everyone he fights according to most fighters... if 5% is all he needs to beat some of these guys, then he's happy and most wont demand more of him. I do. If you use %5 and get a close decision or what ifs, then you deserve whatever flack comes your way.
    Do you really believe Floyd is beating guys like Manny Pacquaio using 5% of his potential? I mean come on dude.

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, and most importantly it's about winning fights. People have this expectation that Floyd should come out and fight like Arturo Gatti, even though he has the ability to beat a guy and take very little damage.

Nobody gives Willie Pep shit and says he should have been more aggressive and went for the KO more, and nobody accuses him of not putting in a good effort despite very rarely scoring a stoppage. Nobody shits on Ali (now that Bill Paxtom is gone, anyway) that he never KO'd so and so and just cruised to a victory.

It's just haters being haters. When haters want to hate on a guy, they bring up his losses and his pitfalls and say "ha ha". Floyd haters can't do that because he's never lost and 99% of his career has been in-ring brilliance. So they have to resort to saying things like "oh he fights like a coward" (while praising guys like Willie Pep) and "oh he's egotistical, he beats up women, he's greedy, ect" (all of which Sugar Ray Robinson and many other great champions were and did). All I'm saying is be consistent. If Floyd stinks because he loves money, then everyone stinks too. If you want to say he's garbage because he beat up his girlfriend or doesn't get a lot of KO's, then you're also saying a lot of great champions of the past are garbage as well.
    5% of course is an exaggeration; How about 45? 65% 70% or does even 80% make anyone feel better about the money they spend to Listen to/ watch this...

and this...

and this...

and with all his speed, hard work, dedication, ring generalship accuracy and defense in the pocket... not be able to pick up counter punching opportunities that a much slower marquez feasted on for 4 fights. Or the overhand right that marquez laid the blueprint for... so he could do this....

He wasn't more capable than that? That was his 100% hard work, dedication, accuracy, speed, pedigree.. from a a man born in the boxing gym? Noone says he has to engage meet every fighter in the middle of the ring, or even spend the whole fight sacrificing him his pretty boy mug for counter punching opportunities. But after 4 round or even 6, you don't think he could have landed some combinations, some counter punching opportunities or went on the offensive for more than 10 seconds collectively, with the arsenal at his disposal? (and his 1000 dollar specially prepared meals) Especially after he catches pac coming in and freezes him and stands there staring at him? And now, he's going to wipe his butt with Berto, who's been beat by guerrero, ortiz, and pounded by soto karass... I could be alone in my perspective, but he's not doing enough for what hes capable of to be called the best ever.
    So I watched the PBF v Maidana II vid that you link to. Nice HD. Entertaining. But around 52 seconds in PBF appears to be knocked down. I didn't remember that so I went looking for it in the actual fight. It's not there.

Someone editing together two different sequences from two different rounds: a hard right followed by PBF going to the canvas. The first sequence took place at the end of a round. The fall to the canvas however is from another round, and is preceded by a slip, not a hard right as the video would want us to believe.

There was no knockdown. I would not rely on that video to tell me what happened in that fight.
    Last edited by Manju; 07-26-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manju View Post

and this...

and this...

So I watched the PBF v Maidana II vid that you link to. Nice HD. Entertaining. But around 52 seconds in PBF appears to be knocked down. I didn't remember that so I went looking for it in the actual fight. It's not there.

Someone editing together two different sequences from two different rounds: a hard right followed by PBF going to the canvas. The first sequence took place at the end of a round. The fall to the canvas however is from another round, and is preceded by a slip, not a hard right as the video would want us to believe.

There was no knockdown. I would not rely on that video to tell me what happened in that fight.
    I'm not the author of those videos. He was never knocked down in that fight. That was a side effect of maidanas roughhousing. The use of that video is to show that in both the fights with bigger and supposedly stronger cotto and maidana (whatever the circumstances- weight issues, glove demands etc), Floyd fought them more aggressively so we knew he was capable of it... and the videos show that(or were the panned out fights of floyd being the aggressor and wrestling with Maidana creatively edited?).... Then avoided even trying to use the same skills to even combinations or do the same for other fighters...instead choosing to avoid actively engaging them.. like the guy he claimed wore lifts in his shoes. The fact remains that for 32 million, if the fans cant expect a consistent effort or level of competition... then it will effect how he is remembered in the sport (he believe he transcends)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd fights with his brain as well as his fists. It's one of the things that sets him apart from his competition. He can fight with aggression or can be elusive and defensive depending on his opponent.

What you see as inconsistent is actually his greatest strength--the ability to adapt to his opponent's style and stifle his opponent's efforts.

It's what makes him MORE consistent than his contemporaries. They can only win or lose with one style, while Floyd just wins with whichever style he needs to do so.

TBE

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tbe ever money maker but not boxer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ONLY reasons why Pac landed less punches on Floyd was because Floyd ran like a bitch. He tasted Pacs power in round 1 & from then on ran , held like a limpet & pulled of Pac's right arm every chance he got. What happened to Floyd's bragging " I'm going to come out aggressive take the fight to Pacquaio & go for the KO" ?? ROFLMAO
    Instead we got the same cowardly Mayweather we always see. Heck he'd got an injured opponent fighting in pain, because he'd been sabotaged by the NSAC. Yet STILL !!! the coward ran scared. There is no way in hell anyone can say Floydeasilly won that fight He didn't He struggled. In my opinion Moretti ought to be fired for that ludicrous 118-110 card. 115-113 at best for Mayweather
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Patards (still) crying foul.

Hahaha!