Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd vs berto.......meh

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Patards (still) crying foul.

Hahaha!
    Rocco, you seem to be defending this fight. I'm happy it's on network and I do enjoy watching Floyd but even you must admit this is a Shit fight. I know, Floyd deserves the right to pick who ever he wants but bottom line he picked Her to. Just admit it, it's a Shit fight.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Hahaha!
    Rocco, you seem to be defending this fight. I'm happy it's on network and I do enjoy watching Floyd but even you must admit this is a Shit fight. I know, Floyd deserves the right to pick who ever he wants but bottom line he picked Her to. Just admit it, it's a Shit fight.
    I haven't seen the fight yet and neither have you so how can you be so sure of the shit-ness of it?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Do not compare Floyd with SRR, Mayweather is a boring ass, safety first boring flash shit of a boxer.
    And Robinson was a brawler?

Robinson had a lot of great KOs that look great in a 4 minute highlight film, but if you go back and watch a lot of his full fights, he was largely a dancing safety-first guy.

I think a lot of people have an inflated view of guys like Ray Robinson and Ali, because they've only seen the big fights and the highlights. It's like listening to a band's Greatest Hits album. You have to go back and listen to the full discography to get a real grasp on the band. Both of those guys danced, ran, stalled, jabbed and CLINCHED their way to many a victory.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    First, I never said he had to fight Marquez's fight. Second, I never said he needed to be a ko artist to be great. What I said was with his speed,ring generalship, experience, intelligence and all the other things that he claims makes him "the best ever" , he should have been able to take advantage of at least some of those opportunities and not paid the price. He could have, tied up, circled out or used his footwork to slip out after he did. Instead he chose to do all of that without even trying because he already had your money and then stood there cheering for himself in the closing seconds while he played keep away. Again, he's entitled to do that if the refs,the broadcasters, the sanctioning bodies and some of the fans believe it's a superb showcase of his talents and believe it's work 32 million. Other fans are entitled to their opinion too that it's a farce for someone who claims to be the best ever in a combatitive support to rarely choose to be combatitive... And they refuse too support or credit him for it.
    What you're saying really doesn't make sense to me.

You're saying Floyd never tried against Pacquiao.

So Floyd beat Pacquiao without even trying? As good as Pac is? If that's true, how can he not be the greatest of all time?

And you're playing "armchair quarterback" and saying what Floyd Mayweather SHOULD have done in the ring. Come on man...

Boxing is about winning, hitting and not getting hit. Every great champion has subscribed to this philosophy.

I've seen people hail Pac as the new Henry Armstrong, I've seen them say Floyd is terrified of him, that Pac would destroy Floyd and that's why Floyd won't fight him.

Not only does Floyd beat him, but he makes EASY WORK out of him. He barely breaks a sweat. He took Pac's best straight left, got pushed against the ropes, got flurried on by Pac and looked him right in the eye, smiled and shook his head like "nope, you got nothing." And that's not skill? That's not greatness? Making easy work out of a fellow ATG is not impressive? That's just silly.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Do not compare Floyd with SRR, Mayweather is a boring ass, safety first boring flash shit of a boxer.
    And Robinson was a brawler?

Robinson had a lot of great KOs that look great in a 4 minute highlight film, but if you go back and watch a lot of his full fights, he was largely a dancing safety-first guy.

I think a lot of people have an inflated view of guys like Ray Robinson and Ali, because they've only seen the big fights and the highlights. It's like listening to a band's Greatest Hits album. You have to go back and listen to the full discography to get a real grasp on the band. Both of those guys danced, ran, stalled, jabbed and CLINCHED their way to many a victory.
    Robinson could punch and entertain fans, Ali took challenges way past his prime, these guys will be remembered in boxing history Floyd will be quickly forgotten because of his forgettable performances.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Robinson could punch and entertain fans, Ali took challenges way past his prime, these guys will be remembered in boxing history Floyd will be quickly forgotten because of his forgettable performances.
    Yeah Robinson could punch... so could Floyd. Like I said, you're talking a 54% KO ratio for Floyd and a 62% for Robinson. Not a whole lot of difference in there.

Ali's great because he was champ and beat great fighters, not because he chose to fight past his prime and catch a case of Parkinsons.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Robinson could punch... so could Floyd. Like I said, you're talking a 54% KO ratio for Floyd and a 62% for Robinson. Not a whole lot of difference in there.

Ali's great because he was champ and beat great fighters, not because he chose to fight past his prime and catch a case of Parkinsons.
    Big difference in KO percentage, do not talk nonsence now to support Floyd.

Yes Ali went on too long, Floyd should retire as well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

8%, big deal.

Floyd should retire, but he's not taking beatings like Ali and SRR were at this age. He's still winning, making crazy money and making easy work out of guys people said he was ducking haha.

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate haha

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

8%, big deal.

Floyd should retire, but he's not taking beatings like Ali and SRR were at this age. He's still winning, making crazy money and making easy work out of guys people said he was ducking haha.

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate haha
    Supporters are going to defend defend defend even if it means they look stupid. Carry on justifying the Berto fight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha!

Far from it Lets put it in perspective

1... I'm not a pactard I'm a life long boxing fan who believes in the old school style
    Boxing is a contest between two men evenly matched who fight each other on a level playing field. There should be no corruption or favouritism given to either side. The fight should be impartially judged with the better man on the night rightfully getting the win.

2.... Sadly this did not happen on May 2 We all know what happened in the dressing room moments before the fight when the NSAC apparently sabotaged Pacquaio by denying him the use of Toradol previously Ok'd by the way, & he was forced to fight in pain. They even took away his water & vitamins he always takes before fight

3... After the weigh in Mayweather was allowed rehydration treatment which is ILLEGAL unless an emergeancy. Was Mayweather severely dehydrated ?? did a doctor say he needed the treatment?? When asked all Mayweather came up with was" Err Err My urine was dark very dark" . Then he looked to Ellerbee to bail him out no mention was made of a doctor being involved. Anyway even if there was Mayweather was given FOUR TIMES the max amount of Saline administered in an emergeancy apparantly
    WHY We all know what large amounts of saline can mask don't we? Plus Mayweather was not denied his Xylocaine was he

3... If this is your idea of a fair fight then you cannot be a boxing fan but just a Floyd fanatic who will accept anything as long as Floyd gets another win.

4 ... Mayweather needs to give Pacquaio a rematch next year when he's 100% fit But not in Vegas. Somewhere there will be no corruption & no cheating. A level straight down the middle fight with the better man getting the deserved win.
    Will this happen Not a chance in Hell Mayweather hasn't given any opponent an even break the deck has always been heavily stacked In Mayweathers favour

Sorry that's not how boxing should be......
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Supporters are going to defend defend defend even if it means they look stupid. Carry on justifying the Berto fight.
    I never justified the Berto fight, I was one of the biggest criticizers of the fight.

Haters gonna hate hate hate... and they ain't gonna read read read hahaha

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post

Hahaha!

1... I'm not a pactard I'm a life long boxing fan who believes in the old school style
    Boxing is a contest between two men evenly matched who fight each other on a level playing field. There should be no corruption or favouritism given to either side. The fight should be impartially judged with the better man on the night rightfully getting the win.

2.... Sadly this did not happen on May 2 We all know what happened in the dressing room moments before the fight when the NSAC apparently sabotaged Pacquaio by denying him the use of Toradol previously Ok'd by the way, & he was forced to fight in pain. They even took away his water & vitamins he always takes before fight

3... After the weigh in Mayweather was allowed rehydration treatment which is ILLEGAL unless an emergeancy. Was Mayweather severely dehydrated ?? did a doctor say he needed the treatment?? When asked all Mayweather came up with was" Err Err My urine was dark very dark" . Then he looked to Ellerbee to bail him out no mention was made of a doctor being involved. Anyway even if there was Mayweather was given FOUR TIMES the max amount of Saline administered in an emergeancy apparantly
    WHY We all know what large amounts of saline can mask don't we? Plus Mayweather was not denied his Xylocaine was he

3... If this is your idea of a fair fight then you cannot be a boxing fan but just a Floyd fanatic who will accept anything as long as Floyd gets another win.

4 ... Mayweather needs to give Pacquaio a rematch next year when he's 100% fit But not in Vegas. Somewhere there will be no corruption & no cheating. A level straight down the middle fight with the better man getting the deserved win.
    Will this happen Not a chance in Hell Mayweather hasn't given any opponent an even break the deck has always been heavily stacked In Mayweathers favour

What a bunch of nonsense.

1. Who's more old school than Floyd? His technique and skill is a great throwback.

2. Pac was not given the OK for Toradol. For a guy who believes in "even playing fields", why the hell would you be ok with someone shooting up Toradol? Do you have any idea what that shit does? Google Toradol use in the NFL and educate yourself, child please! Pac was free to get a cortisone shot, he wanted Toradol and they said "nope".

3. Rehydration treatment (aka an IV drip) is NOT ILLEGAL, even in non-emergency situations. Actually, it's been quite commonplace in boxing and MMA for a long time. USADA is in the process of outlawing the IV use but at current time (and the time of the Mayweather/Pac fight) it was completely, 100% legal and totally without restriction of any kind.

4. Pac had his chance, he hit Mayweather as hard as he could with his best punch, the straight left, knocked Floyd back and Floyd looked him in the eye and laughed at him. The better man won.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't CATCH Parkinsons syndrome Ali was showing signs of the disease after the third Frazier fight. That's why Ferdi Pacheco left him he could see it happening. There is no way in hell Ali was fit to fight Holmes & as for Berbick that was disgraceful.
    Floyd hasn't retired yet . Mores the pity !!! When he does he'll soon run out of $$$ & be back fighting again & be in car parks signing pics & telling kids " I I used to be TBE ""
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Btw Floyd still gets his 32 million base pay.
    The person that negotiated the contract for the TV company needs shooting. What a waste on one fighter.
    I'd say that'll end up being more than lucrative for them. The ad revenue they're going to generate for Mayweather's first free fight in 10 years will be off the charts.
    It should be free, who is going to pay for Berto vs Floyd. I am not excited about this fight in any way at all. Are there any boxing fans out who just can't wait to see this fight?
    Reminds me of when Tyson fought a freebie on the teli- Buster Mathis Jr. So this is a done deal? If so, we (me included) will complain, but will watch it.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Rock View Post

Hahaha!

What a bunch of nonsense.

1. Who's more old school than Floyd? His technique and skill is a great throwback.

2. Pac was not given the OK for Toradol. For a guy who believes in "even playing fields", why the hell would you be ok with someone shooting up Toradol? Do you have any idea what that shit does? Google Toradol use in the NFL and educate yourself, child please! Pac was free to get a cortisone shot, he wanted Toradol and they said "nope".

3. Rehydration treatment (aka an IV drip) is NOT ILLEGAL, even in non-emergency situations. Actually, it's been quite commonplace in boxing and MMA for a long time. USADA is in the process of outlawing the IV use but at current time (and the time of the Mayweather/Pac fight) it was completely, 100% legal and totally without restriction of any kind.

4. Pac had his chance, he hit Mayweather as hard as he could with his best punch, the straight left, knocked Floyd back and Floyd looked him in the eye and laughed at him. The better man won.

Actually Toradol is on the list of APPROVED painkillers by USADA. Pac was refused because they claimed he hadn't filled in form correctly. He hadnt checked he was injured
    they removed his water & vitamins too WHY? Freddie & Pac notified NSAC Pac was injured but could go through with the fight if he was allowed toradol so NSAC LIED!!!!!
    I think you are wrong about rehydration almost certain. I will certainly find out.
    But anyway they let Floyd get by with it.
    As for Floyd laughing when Pac nailed him It was just the opposite he got on his bike & ran like a bitch. Even his own Father called him a coward for fighting scared.
    But you pay you money & you make your choice I guess Support whoever you want no matter the circumstances. All I know is I'd NEVER support such a cowardly, woman beating, cheating SOB I support FIGHTERS!! Mayweather couldn't FIGHT if his life depended on it
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.

Thread Information