30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Btw Floyd still gets his 32 million base pay.
    The person that negotiated the contract for the TV company needs shooting. What a waste on one fighter.
    I'd say that'll end up being more than lucrative for them. The ad revenue they're going to generate for Mayweather's first free fight in 10 years will be off the charts.
    It should be free, who is going to pay for Berto vs Floyd. I am not excited about this fight in any way at all. Are there any boxing fans out who just can't wait to see this fight?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd vs berto.......meh

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    The person that negotiated the contract for the TV company needs shooting. What a waste on one fighter.
    I'd say that'll end up being more than lucrative for them. The ad revenue they're going to generate for Mayweather's first free fight in 10 years will be off the charts.
    It should be free, who is going to pay for Berto vs Floyd. I am not excited about this fight in any way at all. Are there any boxing fans out who just can't wait to see this fight?

Yes there is. There's one on this very forum.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Yes there is. There's one on this very forum.
    He will not watch either but pretend he is interested.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love him or hate him, Floyd is the undisputed king of the boxing. He is one of the greatest boxing talents of all time.

If you have no interest in seeing the greatest athlete in your sport compete, you have no business calling yourself a fan of that sport. Period. FACT.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Yeah... Fighters shouldn't have control over their careers... Who the fuck do they think they are!??
    I didn't say that, but welcome to the the female club. People who take what they hear and twist it to annoy themselves.

I said he has "too much" control, some is good but too much is not.

No one execept Floyd and Bertos camp really want this fight to happen.
    If no one watches the fight, I'll concede you're right.

jon09 Guest

He is entitled to a gimme at this point in his career and the fact that it will be on free tv is awesome for the sport. And I would not count Berto out because the former belt holder might have his moments more then Pacman did. Lets not forget Cotto's last fight was a gimme, Pacman fought Algieri and GGG has been fighting C and D fighters at the ripe age of 33. And Khan has been fighting scared since his last loss. Floyd will never be truly appreciated until he retires for good and is called into the Hall of Fame.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love him or hate him, Floyd is the undisputed king of the boxing. He is one of the greatest boxing talents of all time.

If you have no interest in seeing the greatest athlete in your sport compete, you have no business calling yourself a fan of that sport. Period. FACT.
    No offense, of course to you. I do value your opinion. Even though the fights free, I won't tune in for it. IamInuit is right, Floyds not about legacy or his warrior image; he's about money. Maybe he won't miss my +1 in the ratings or anyone else that decides to brush over this broadcast to start his send off with a big "F__K YOU" but I'm not gonna play party to building this egomaniacs stupidity or self image. First, because i can't consider what he does (pre fight demands for making his own set of rules, picking opponents regardless of ranking, barking like a pitbull during a promotion and then fighting like a chihuahua in the ring) as competing. Second, for as long as this has gone on, I can't consider him the greatest athlete in my sport. Greatest Self promoting personality maybe; Greatest sure bet yeah; or greatest technical boxer i'd agree too. The man admitted he doesnt have the passion for the sport, so why should i feel obligated to have the passion to watch him half @$$ it, so he can buy 5 more exotic cars for a weak performance that's been over built.

Its not history to me. I understand for people of our generation, it may be the best we have and to those who are reveling in it right now, by all means don't let me ruin it for you. To me, people that made history just made it. They didn't start redesigning and cutting corners half way through in order to ensure it so they could be paid marketing royalties after they pulled it off on technicalities. Which is exactly why this is being put on free tv -- to get the casual fans. They don't care about the hardcore fans. So this is geared towards getting casual fans who are convinced they are witnessing some kind of history to build these fights into superbowl like events for boxing where casual fans (with casual $$$) tune in no matter who's playing.

Just my opinion of course... and that's why I won't watch. Floyd/ his people and I just have a different idea of what Boxing should be. He obviously doesn't give a damn about anyone's opinion but his own, because it would cost him money.... and I don't care for the circus he's trying to redefine it as.... No one says we have to agree. How he (and others) play the game, kill traditions and mentors idiots like broner that will infest the sport ...is his business and what I choose to watch while he's doing it, is mine....
    Last edited by J_Undisputed; 07-23-2015 at 02:30 AM. Reason: typos
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Floyds not about legacy or his warrior image; he's about money.
    I think it's so fucking stupid whenever this shit gets brought up. Like it's black and white - you're either TOTALLY selfless and in it completely for the art, or you could give a fuck about the art and you're 100% about the money.

No boxer in the history of the sport that falls into one or the other. Everyone wants to be the best, everyone wants to be champion, and EVERYONE WANTS TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THE POSSIBLY CAN! We are talking about PRIZE FIGHTING. Anyone who thinks differently is living in a fantasy world.

You tell me: was Sugar Ray Robinson not "about the money" when he was showing up on fight night and demanding the promoters pay him more or he wasn't going to fight? Boxing fans shit talk Floyd out of one side of their mouth, and praise SRR out the other, and it just shows how clueless people are.

I'll say it again, you can hate the guy, you can say he's a prick, but you can't take away the in-ring skill (which is second to none) and you can't take away 19 years of doing nothing but winning and shutting up the haters. And you're telling me Floyd doesn't have a legacy in the sport? How delusional can people be?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jealousy... Plain and simple.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To effing right hes about money.!

Oscar can be about money but floyd can't!

Bollocks.

Floyd had the balls to leave evil bob arum and do it all on his own.

He is halfway to billionaire status and still undefeated and flawless at 37 years young.

At least we are around to witness this genius impose and nulify any opponents output, implement ramdom drug testing and makes hof look easy.

He is the TBE.

(2nd to ali)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

about
    Floyds not about legacy or his warrior image; he's about money.
    I think it's so fucking stupid whenever this shit gets brought up. Like it's black and white - you're either TOTALLY selfless and in it completely for the art, or you could give a fuck about the art and you're 100% about the money.

No boxer in the history of the sport that falls into one or the other. Everyone wants to be the best, everyone wants to be champion, and EVERYONE WANTS TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THE POSSIBLY CAN! We are talking about PRIZE FIGHTING. Anyone who thinks differently is living in a fantasy world.

You tell me: was Sugar Ray Robinson not "about the money" when he was showing up on fight night and demanding the promoters pay him more or he wasn't going to fight? Boxing fans shit talk Floyd out of one side of their mouth, and praise SRR out the other, and it just shows how clueless people are.

I'll say it again, you can hate the guy, you can say he's a prick, but you can't take away the in-ring skill (which is second to none) and you can't take away 19 years of doing nothing but winning and shutting up the haters. And you're telling me Floyd doesn't have a legacy in the sport? How delusional can people be?
    t

Ok, maybe a bit of a miscue. My comment about Inuit being right about floyd being about the money is not my reason for not watching just a credit to Inuit for what he said in response to my earlier comment. My response to the money issue, I'm sure other if not every fighters in it for the money. What i'm saying is if you don't have the passion for it 32 mill is all the passion you need. If you handed 32mill to SRR to put someone on their ass.... I believe in the least, it would look like he was trying to put that opponent down. Floyd is not a one trick pony, he has an arsenal above and beyond that of everyone he fights according to most fighters... if 5% is all he needs to beat some of these guys, then he's happy and most wont demand more of him. I do. If you use %5 and get a close decision or what ifs, then you deserve whatever flack comes your way.

I was a floyd fan. I even have an autographed glove from he first started out. Its true, you cant erase 19 years of winning. As for shutting up haters. Haters will always find something to beef about so i dont really believe you will shut them all up. If he knocks someone out in 1 round, they'll say they could have been gone in half that time. As his careers gone on, hes picked up more detractors. For many its the money persona, for others its mistakes he's made in his life. For me, he demands all the money, all of the credit and for what he's capable of. He's only done half the work. As I said earlier, that won't my a difference to the stats people or the historians (His legacy is there). But it does make a difference in how the people who know what you were capable of, remember you. The worst part is the surge is detractors is his own doing because of all the attention he's drawn to himself. Like I said if the showtime/cbs people are happy to pay him for his bottom 5%, more power to them and him but i reserve my right to rake him over the coals for being a halfA$$er because i know hes capable of more.

Its like klitchsko getting no credit, simply because he's in better shape that most of the heavyweight class then on fight to fight basis. If all he had to do was show up and spar with them. its enough to win the fight. But he wont get credit for holding or just being in good shape as he would for punishing his opponent.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least Money isn't going against another slow, plodding Mexican. We should all be grateful for that.

Berto does bring the action. That's plenty we can ask for gents..

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is not a one trick pony, he has an arsenal above and beyond that of everyone he fights according to most fighters... if 5% is all he needs to beat some of these guys, then he's happy and most wont demand more of him. I do. If you use %5 and get a close decision or what ifs, then you deserve whatever flack comes your way.
    Do you really believe Floyd is beating guys like Manny Pacquaio using 5% of his potential? I mean come on dude.

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, and most importantly it's about winning fights. People have this expectation that Floyd should come out and fight like Arturo Gatti, even though he has the ability to beat a guy and take very little damage.

Nobody gives Willie Pep shit and says he should have been more aggressive and went for the KO more, and nobody accuses him of not putting in a good effort despite very rarely scoring a stoppage. Nobody shits on Ali (now that Bill Paxtom is gone, anyway) that he never KO'd so and so and just cruised to a victory.

It's just haters being haters. When haters want to hate on a guy, they bring up his losses and his pitfalls and say "ha ha". Floyd haters can't do that because he's never lost and 99% of his career has been in-ring brilliance. So they have to resort to saying things like "oh he fights like a coward" (while praising guys like Willie Pep) and "oh he's egotistical, he beats up women, he's greedy, ect" (all of which Sugar Ray Robinson and many other great champions were and did). All I'm saying is be consistent. If Floyd stinks because he loves money, then everyone stinks too. If you want to say he's garbage because he beat up his girlfriend or doesn't get a lot of KO's, then you're also saying a lot of great champions of the past are garbage as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is not a one trick pony, he has an arsenal above and beyond that of everyone he fights according to most fighters... if 5% is all he needs to beat some of these guys, then he's happy and most wont demand more of him. I do. If you use %5 and get a close decision or what ifs, then you deserve whatever flack comes your way.
    Do you really believe Floyd is beating guys like Manny Pacquaio using 5% of his potential? I mean come on dude.

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, and most importantly it's about winning fights. People have this expectation that Floyd should come out and fight like Arturo Gatti, even though he has the ability to beat a guy and take very little damage.

Nobody gives Willie Pep shit and says he should have been more aggressive and went for the KO more, and nobody accuses him of not putting in a good effort despite very rarely scoring a stoppage. Nobody shits on Ali (now that Bill Paxtom is gone, anyway) that he never KO'd so and so and just cruised to a victory.

It's just haters being haters. When haters want to hate on a guy, they bring up his losses and his pitfalls and say "ha ha". Floyd haters can't do that because he's never lost and 99% of his career has been in-ring brilliance. So they have to resort to saying things like "oh he fights like a coward" (while praising guys like Willie Pep) and "oh he's egotistical, he beats up women, he's greedy, ect" (all of which Sugar Ray Robinson and many other great champions were and did). All I'm saying is be consistent. If Floyd stinks because he loves money, then everyone stinks too. If you want to say he's garbage because he beat up his girlfriend or doesn't get a lot of KO's, then you're also saying a lot of great champions of the past are garbage as well.
    Like when Mosley landed that big shot on Floyd. People would rather knock Shane "If he stayed on Floyd he would have finished him", but neglect the fact that Floyd recovered from that shot quickly. Shane had no chance of ending that fight at that time, but people are gonna believe what they want to believe because of their bias....

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Berto must have naked pictures of Floyd and Haymon together.

Thread Information