Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: floyd vs berto.......meh

The only bright side of this piece of scrap fight is Her to, who I like, getting a nice payday. His scrap with the ghost was a good fight. I just can't believe Floyd is now fighting guys he's already defeated opponents at this stage.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope all the Mayweather supporters are very proud of their hero.
    Now whoever Khan picks you can tell him what a cherrypicking chickenshit he is because Floyd picked such a dangerous dude.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 07-21-2015 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it's free on CBS then it's not a huge deal. He had a six fight deal and maybe his determination after the Pac fight has totally diminished. He may just be honoring his last fight on his contract and taking an easy fight. At this point, after beating Pac, he has nothing left to prove and won't further his legacy unless it was against someone like ggg which would obviously not happen at this point of his career.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just to much.

This fighter fought his last fight against a 58 and 10 Landberg
    This fighter fought his last fight against a 62 and 3 spent Comacho and lost
    This fighter fought his last fight against a 73 and 4 more spent Hector and lost
    This fighter fought his last fight against 2 and 2 Ignacio Madrid and lost
    This fighter fought his last fight against the 58 and 10 Octavio Gomez
    This fighter fought his last fight against a 60 and 5 Valdes
    This fighter fought his last fight against the 32 and 8 Tom Heeny

I guess thats ok though because all of these guys lost at least once prior to that. Floyd does not get the same pass because he's been undefeated for 17/18 years. But another fought the 17 and 2 Zolino Petelo for his 51st win w/o a loss and that's ok

Makes total sense.

Look the guy has given his entire life to the sport. He was probably on a mini bag before he could walk. Whether one likes him or think he's a scum bag is not even relevant The only difference between him and those other Atg's is that he's hated more. He's earned the right to fight whoever the fuck he wants on his way out the door. And once again if people are going to scrutinize him then lets do the same to all the other fighters of modern times that to this day get nothing but praise with their retirement fight or fights rarely if ever mentioned. If they are mentioned, there is always some attachment to it. Not for Floyd though cause even that has a different bar.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    This is just to much.

This fighter fought his last fight against a 73 and 4 more spent Hector and lost

I guess thats ok though because all of these guys lost at least once prior to that. Floyd does not get the same pass because he's been undefeated for 17/18 years. But another fought the 17 and 2 Zolino Petelo for his 51st win w/o a loss and that's ok

Makes total sense.

Look the guy has given his entire life to the sport. He was probably on a mini bag before he could walk. Whether one likes him or think he's a scum bag is not even relevant The only difference between him and those other Atg's is that he's hated more. He's earned the right to fight whoever the fuck he wants on his way out the door. And once again if people are going to scrutinize him then lets do the same to all the other fighters of modern times that to this day get nothing but praise with their retirement fight or fights rarely if ever mentioned. If they are mentioned, there is always some attachment to it. Not for Floyd though cause even that has a different bar.

This!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just to much.

Makes total sense.

Fuck that.

Motherfucker is tryin for 49-0 and doing it against Berto??

That tells me a couple things.

1. He thinks he can lose, so picked Berto.
    2. He doesn't care one little bit about what fans want.

I dont want any one of you pricks on this website to ever again say Khan doesn't deserve a Mayweather fight...... If Berto does then, pretty much every other fighter in the division does.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    This is just to much.

Makes total sense.

Fuck that.

Motherfucker is tryin for 49-0 and doing it against Berto??

That tells me a couple things.

1. He thinks he can lose, so picked Berto.
    2. He doesn't care one little bit about what fans want.

I dont want any one of you pricks on this website to ever again say Khan doesn't deserve a Mayweather fight...... If Berto does then, pretty much every other fighter in the division does.

And who did Calzaghe finish with? Joes one of my faves but whats the difference and who did Marciano set that record with. Quality of name does not mean quality of fighter. Roy Jones was long gone as was Moore. And just who was Don Cockell?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just to much.

Makes total sense.

How many times have you heard Floyd crow about he's the best and no fighter out there can beat him? Plenty is the only answer you can truthfully give, so why doesn't Floyd pick a decent opponent? He won't because he's cherrypicking and has been for years.
    The truth is I don't care who Floyd fights. The truth is I want Floyd to win. The truth is I'd hate to see Floyd come this close and fail!
    The thing that I can't understand is why the fighter so many fans claim is the 'best fighter ever' can choose who he wants to fight, but all those hard working less talented fighters out there have to pick the toughest opponent available or be accused of ducking and/or running. I'm not an idiot, so explain to me how that's right or good for boxing.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a pile of used Walmart furniture sitting by the wood chipper type of fight. If Mayweather comes like the Ndou, Corrales or Ortiz fook you boxer I think he keeps Berto on the stool for "shocker" tko. Really do. This is aimed at the clods who were calling Mayweather v Manny "the fight of the century" and will do awesome views and news, frankly put the sport on the ticker but its attraction event only. When is the last time Floyd was matched with TBA a month + out It may very well be Curtis Mayfield or whatever the Mayfields kids name is? Imamu?

Actually more interested in Errol Spence jr on undercard..all the talk of him getting title shot. I honestly thought he would get Berto for interim trinket.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First, TMZ has scooped Floyd's opponents wrong more times than Floyd has fought.

Second, if true the guy simply has nothing left to give. There's really no other reason. It does nothing for him. It's a sad ending but most endings in boxing are sad.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

t.b.e.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should have at least fought someone top 10.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    He should have at least fought someone top 10.
    Berto is ranked #1 right behind the regular err interim champion of the oldest Org. Rankings are only as good as the crippled organization they represent. Or should I say only matter in the organization you pay pimp fees to.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its odd that the same people who were saying Floyd was on a wind up saying he was fighting Berto or Mayfield are now defending his choice of opponent. Whats the opposite of haters gonna hate

Thread Information