Thread: Campbell-Coyle/Whyte-Costa Jr/Rose-Jones rematch and Burns - Sat/SKY

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Campbell-Coyle/Whyte-Costa Jr/Rose-Jones rematch and Burns - Sat/SKY

Dillian Whyte to face Brazilian on Sky Sports' live Hull bill | Boxing News | Sky Sports

"Whyte returned from a two-year ban for a positive drug test in November last year and has been inactive since February, partly due to a hand injury.
    But if he gets beyond Costa Junior the 27-year-old will be on the bill when Joshua and Gary Cornish meet for the Commonwealth belt on September 12, and a fight with the winner awaits in the autumn.

"It’s great to be boxing back on Sky Sports again after a long absence," said the Brixton fighter, who is 14-0 and on a run of 10 straight knockouts. "It’s the best place to showcase your skills and I’m looking to put in a devastating performance against Costa Junior.
    "The British title is a belt that I look forward to fighting for, and beating Anthony Joshua under a year after being back in the ring would be even better."
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Campbell-Coyle/Whyte-Costa Jr/Rose-Jones rematch and Burns - Sat/SKY

Have very little interest in Whyte. Hes not very good at all. Sky are going to try Hype the shit out of the Joshua Whyte rematch so little doubt Whyte will beat Costa Jr easily and early.

Rose Jones another fight im not keen on. Both should probably be retired by now.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Campbell-Coyle/Whyte-Costa Jr/Rose-Jones rematch and Burns - Sat/SKY

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Have very little interest in Whyte. Hes not very good at all. Sky are going to try Hype the shit out of the Joshua Whyte rematch so little doubt Whyte will beat Costa Jr easily and early.

Rose Jones another fight im not keen on. Both should probably be retired by now.
    You sound like a barrel of laughs

I know where you are coming from and to be honest it's very difficult to see anything but a one sided hammering of Coyle by Campbell in almost any circumstances just hope they don't try and make it PPV.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

You sound like a barrel of laughs

I know where you are coming from and to be honest it's very difficult to see anything but a one sided hammering of Coyle by Campbell in almost any circumstances just hope they don't try and make it PPV.
    Dont get me wrong I love my job but trading cards like this on a saturday night in work is just depressing

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's your job mate?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I backed Carson Jones to chin Rose last time. Will it be more of the same? Quite surprised he's roughly a 2/1 shot

The Hull bill isn't PPV but wouldn't be surprised if AJ-Whyte is in Dec. With Whyte fighting twice on SKY beforehand they will hype the shit out of this rivalry
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I backed Carson Jones to chin Rose last time. Will it be more of the same? Quite surprised he's roughly a 2/1 shot

The Hull bill isn't PPV but wouldn't be surprised if AJ-Whyte is in Dec. With Whyte fighting twice on SKY beforehand they will hype the shit out of this rivalry
    I thought he was awful in the 1st fight. He was nearly gone in the 1st round himself in the first fight. Id expect Rose to stop him this time. ANd when Jones is getting stopped by a guy like Rose I think its time to retire.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rose landed a few good shots in the first round but he can't punch. The first good shot he got caught with he was staggering around like a piss head.

Jones is "shot," so Rose is meant to stop him, but that was the same as last time.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    What's your job mate?
    prozzer
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like Whyte might be fighting Teper in September! Thats a good fight!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whyte is a decent fighter and can beat AJ.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

Where did you hear that? I thought hes fighting Joshua at the end of the year, fighting Teper before that showdown is a risk but I wouldn't count of Whyte beating Teper in a good fight.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

Where did you hear that? I thought hes fighting Joshua at the end of the year, fighting Teper before that showdown is a risk but I wouldn't count of Whyte beating Teper in a good fight.
    I got it completely ass about face.

I was on Whytes twitter and all it was was Whyte retweeting someone suggesting to Hearn about this potential matchup in September

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was on Whytes twitter and all it was was Whyte retweeting someone suggesting to Hearn about this potential matchup in September

Fair enough, Ive got Whyte on facebook so I do keep an eye on what hes up to. Didn't hear anything about Teper. That Teper is a big puncher but he does look out of shape.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough, Ive got Whyte on facebook so I do keep an eye on what hes up to. Didn't hear anything about Teper. That Teper is a big puncher but he does look out of shape.
    Youd think hed have a better ko percentage but from 17 fights its only 10 KO's.

I watched one of his recent fights and anyone whos not going to just stand and get hit is going to give him trouble. I think hed do well against Browne, Joshua would be a risk for ahearn because he hasnt even been tested yet. No one knows what hes like when having to fight someone off. We know he can go down feom a shot but without that pro experience its a risk against any punchers. As daft as it will sound to some, even Cornish is a risk.

Thread Information