Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default New York Red Bulls STUNS Chelsea

I went to the game on Wednesday in Harrison New Jersey it was a real stunner the New York team blew the living s*** out of Chelsea in a humiliating defeat by scoring four second half goals! blew their asses away! what a great performance by New York the Red Bulls dominate Chelsea is shit

@Dia bando
    @Greenbeanz
    @Beanflicker
    @walrus
    @El Kabong
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 07-23-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New York Red Bulls STUNS Chelsea

8 half time subs . No not Brock's snacking regime, the Chelsea bench. It's a friendly mate, that is point of friendlies, you can't read anything into them. The manager tries out a squad of players, many of whom may not even end up seeing much first team action, and/or are knackered from ramping up the fitness training preseason after the summer break, and then tries out different formations, strategies etc. Often teams with a crap pre-season form, go on and win promotion, because the manager knows his stuff and the season is a marathon not a sprint. So now, preseason, is the time to iron out inconsistencies, and losses are more instructive than 10 nil wins. Enjoy your crowing though, I could not give a toss about the Premiership anyway, full of glory hunting plastic fans, most of whom have no connection with the team they are supporting, at least you are from New York.

The football league is where it is at, not the corporate circus that the Premiership has become. Drizzly rain, battered stands, dodgy pies and thousands of locals who for generations have made the walk to their local ground to watch their team whether they get hammered, scrape a draw or win. It's about the songs, mocking and baiting your rivals, giving the officials shit and scouring the program, fanzines and local gossip to see what ex postman is coming in a highly secretive £250 loan deal fresh from scoring 42 times in the local Sunday league. In the league it really is true that on any given Saturday afternoon or tuesday evening anyone can beat anyone. In the Premiership it's about money and prima donnas and the same old top 5 clubs dominating the rest. Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City are full of corporate seats for business men and people from miles away, with a lot of local fans who may have supported the team for generations, priced out of seats. The prawn sandwich brigade.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a friendly. Nothing to see here.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

8 half time subs . No not Brock's snacking regime, the Chelsea bench. It's a friendly mate, that is point of friendlies, you can't read anything into them. The manager tries out a squad of players, many of whom may not even end up seeing much first team action, and/or are knackered from ramping up the fitness training preseason after the summer break, and then tries out different formations, strategies etc. Often teams with a crap pre-season form, go on and win promotion, because the manager knows his stuff and the season is a marathon not a sprint. So now, preseason, is the time to iron out inconsistencies, and losses are more instructive than 10 nil wins. Enjoy your crowing though, I could not give a toss about the Premiership anyway, full of glory hunting plastic fans, most of whom have no connection with the team they are supporting, at least you are from New York.

The football league is where it is at, not the corporate circus that the Premiership has become. Drizzly rain, battered stands, dodgy pies and thousands of locals who for generations have made the walk to their local ground to watch their team whether they get hammered, scrape a draw or win. It's about the songs, mocking and baiting your rivals, giving the officials shit and scouring the program, fanzines and local gossip to see what ex postman is coming in a highly secretive £250 loan deal fresh from scoring 42 times in the local Sunday league. In the league it really is true that on any given Saturday afternoon or tuesday evening anyone can beat anyone. In the Premiership it's about money and prima donnas and the same old top 5 clubs dominating the rest. Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City are full of corporate seats for business men and people from miles away, with a lot of local fans who may have supported the team for generations, priced out of seats. The prawn sandwich brigade.
    You're right about the Football League but what if/when my Wednesday get promoted to the Prem?
    When do the fans become plastic?

At the minute though I must say us Wednesday fans are feeling too good for you lower league scum as we have spent actual real money on a player this summer. It's like 1993 all over again. Actual money. Never thought I'd see the day again.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post

You're right about the Football League but what if/when my Wednesday get promoted to the Prem?
    When do the fans become plastic?

At the minute though I must say us Wednesday fans are feeling too good for you lower league scum as we have spent actual real money on a player this summer. It's like 1993 all over again. Actual money. Never thought I'd see the day again.
    Your aim should be to finish in the play offs of the Championship and then narrowly lose in the play off final thereby retaining your dignity and avoiding the Millions in parachute drop payments that are already tainting the league. Either that or win the championship and refuse to go up. I have always been a realist like that
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also if you from Sheffield then you must surely have only moved to Brighton for other reasons, and will be too busy on Saturday afternoons buying feather boas to actually keep your eye on the owls ?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You mean America beat England at footie

Sad day for the Brits.

It'd be like if Canada lost to Japan in hockey.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    You mean America beat England at footie

Sad day for the Brits.

It'd be like if Canada lost to Japan in hockey.
    Got no love for Chelsea here in England.
    But friendlies are meaningless. 'Exhibitions' you might call them. Honestly you see Man Utd losing to the 'Dog and Duck XI' in pre-season friendlies.

*Note for North Americans...The Dog and Duck XI are not an English professional team. They are a pub team. And I made them up.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also if you from Sheffield then you must surely have only moved to Brighton for other reasons, and will be too busy on Saturday afternoons buying feather boas to actually keep your eye on the owls ?
    Yes sadly I am now mostly limited to dodgy streams and constantly refreshing Sheffield Wednesday Transfer Rumours. Latest SWFC Results

I'll probably only attend two games this season, Brighton away and MK Dons away.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But friendlies are meaningless. 'Exhibitions' you might call them.
    All the same, I can't imagine Canada losing a hockey exhibition to Japan, or Mexico haha.

But I guess when you're British you just learn to accept losing, even in the most unlikely scenarios.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But friendlies are meaningless. 'Exhibitions' you might call them.
    All the same, I can't imagine Canada losing a hockey exhibition to Japan, or Mexico haha.

But I guess when you're British you just learn to accept losing, even in the most unlikely scenarios.
    They aren't 'England' though. We don't like them.

And, don't make me pull my stats out on you again to show how we royally piss all over you.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please don't. When I heard about how awful we were at riding bicycles and playing tennis compared to the UK, I became much less patriotic.

I believe this is a big reason why the Canadian dollar is in the shitter now, as well.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please don't. When I heard about how awful we were at riding bicycles and playing tennis compared to the UK, I became much less patriotic.

I believe this is a big reason why the Canadian dollar is in the shitter now, as well.
    And Athletics. And Golf. And Motor Sport. And almost every Olympic sport. And basically every global sport that is remotely popular? I picked the most popular global sports, not cherry picking our best.

Then your countryman produces a list including tiddlywinks and a few sports that you 'dominate' but are actually nowhere near the best.

Be patriotic. Be proud of what you do well. But you might not knock Britain for losing when they win so very much more than Canada.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Copied from other thread....

I'd like to compare.

I'm not going to be unreasonable and bring in football, rugby and cricket as you don't play them really. But bear in mind they are are 3 main sports.
    Football has been a constant let down for a long while. But we are one of only 7 nations to win a World Cup.
    Rugby we have reached 2 of the last 3 World Cup finals, winning 1. 2nd faves for this years World Cup. Undeniably one of the best there.
    In Cricket our big rivals are Australia. Current series is 1-1. We have won 3 of last 5 series. We were the number one ranked nation in the world in 2013. Had a downturn for a bit but getting back on it.

But for a fair comparison let's look at team/individual sports that both take part in and are truly global.

First, the Olympics. All time medals.
    Britain - 236 golds, 780 Medals
    Canada - 59 golds, 279 medals

Tennis
    Recent x2 Grand Slam winner and Olympic champ Murray. GB in Semi-finals of this years Davis Cup to be played in Sept.
    Canada has a couple of decent players. But no Grand Slam for how long?

Golf
    Several recent major winners for GB.
    None for Canada.

Formula One
    GB has current world champ. And has more World Champions than any other nation in history.
    Canada has had Villeneuve. That's all though.
    That's 10 world champions and 15 titles for GB. 1 for Canada.

Cycling
    I won't include Britain's track dominance here as that is mostly shown in the Olympics. I'm being fair.
    So, the premier road race, Le Tour De France. British riders have won 2 of the last 3. Soon to make it 3 from 4.
    Canada have of course never had a winner.
    Also, a mention here for the great British sprinter Mark Cavendish.

Athletics
    Again ignoring the Olympics as I don't want to cheat/double count. Let's look at the World Athletics Championships.
    All time -
    GB 21 Golds, 82 medals.
    Canada 4 Gold, 23 medals.

Triathlon
    Very much a niche sport here but I think you guys like it?
    Shame then that Britain has the current Men's Olympic champion and has won 4 women's world titles and 4 men's world titles since 2007.
    Canada have zero in both.

I could go on here. It's quite good fun actually.
    Again, remember that I'm not using our three main sports as a stick to beat you with as I'm being fair. Also I'm not mentioning the likes of Darts. Or Rowing. Or Sailing. Or BMX.. All of which we are the best in the world at.
    You can only make a list of niche sports or one's that only a couple of countries play.

So, Football, Tennis, Golf, Motor Sport, Athletics, Tour de France. What other major global sports have I missed?
    And I'm still leaving out our 3 most popular sports. And several other sports we are best at that are too niche (but would be one of Canada's proudest if they were good at them).
    Last edited by ryanman; 07-23-2015 at 08:45 PM.
    2011/12 - 2nd

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I went to the game on Wednesday in Harrison New Jersey it was a real stunner the New York team blew the living s*** out of Chelsea in a humiliating defeat by scoring four second half goals! blew their asses away! what a great performance by New York the Red Bulls dominate Chelsea is shit

@Dia bando
    @Greenbeanz
    @Beanflicker
    @walrus
    @El Kabong
    Did you enjoy the game anyway? Good atmosphere? Good crowd in?
    2011/12 - 2nd

Thread Information