Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  26
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Does Liston's jab dominate or is Haye's head movement too much?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    south of england near brighton
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1001
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Haye wins pretty easily IMO and would probably stop him. He's majorly underrated IMO and too judged on wladimir rather than the fact he knocked out pretty much every good cruiser at the time & did a very decent job on most of the heavys as well.

    Yes he lost to wlad comprehensively - but I think he'd stop Liston in 5 or 6 (genuinely!)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Haye wins pretty easily IMO and would probably stop him. He's majorly underrated IMO and too judged on wladimir rather than the fact he knocked out pretty much every good cruiser at the time & did a very decent job on most of the heavys as well.

    Yes he lost to wlad comprehensively - but I think he'd stop Liston in 5 or 6 (genuinely!)
    Interesting call on that. I think Hayes speed would be a huge problem for Liston.
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 07-25-2015 at 07:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    9,936
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2191
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Liston crushes Haye like a roach, leaving him so devastated that he can't even blame his little toe
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville,ky
    Posts
    1,424
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    916
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Liston crushes Haye like a roach, leaving him so devastated that he can't even blame his little toe
    Is this prime vs prime? Because if it is I agree with the above statement.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Liston crushes Haye like a roach, leaving him so devastated that he can't even blame his little toe
    Is this prime vs prime? Because if it is I agree with the above statement.
    I agree Liston wins in a mid-to-late TKO.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    23,278
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3059
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    If that little glancing tap from Ali can have Liston rolling around on his back he has no chance against Haye.

    Haye KO 1 with a jab. Fact.

    ((if the mob ain't involved, Haye KO 1 with a right hand. Fact))
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    716
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If that little glancing tap from Ali can have Liston rolling around on his back he has no chance against Haye.

    Haye KO 1 with a jab. Fact.

    ((if the mob ain't involved, Haye KO 1 with a right hand. Fact))
    Agreed! Haye and Ali are practically carbon copies, physically, although Ali had sturdier toes.😇

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1294
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Haye would knock him the fuck out. Too fast, too powerful.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    734
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Haye probably wins.

    And if Ali stopped him then Haye likely does too.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    5,351
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1132
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If that little glancing tap from Ali can have Liston rolling around on his back he has no chance against Haye.

    Haye KO 1 with a jab. Fact.

    ((if the mob ain't involved, Haye KO 1 with a right hand. Fact))
    The mob is why Liston rolled over I thought.

    (Funny how Haye is a small heavy at 6'3. He fought like he was smaller than he was).
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

    Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisville,ky
    Posts
    1,424
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    916
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    If that little glancing tap from Ali can have Liston rolling around on his back he has no chance against Haye.

    Haye KO 1 with a jab. Fact.

    ((if the mob ain't involved, Haye KO 1 with a right hand. Fact))
    Agreed! Haye and Ali are practically carbon copies, physically, although Ali had sturdier toes.😇
    Haye is more like Floyd Patterson than Ali.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    8,719
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1330
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Liston gets fed up of Haye pulling out and moves on

    Haye is better known for pulling out and taking hurt my selfies now

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,110
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    693
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Haye would pull out multiple times because he has a headache or something. Then Liston gets him at a post fight presser, like Chisora, and they settle it there with Haye getting mauled by the Bear.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free



    Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,355
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1332
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: David Haye vs Sonny Liston

    Stylistically and athletically, it's almost a mismatch given that there's so much time between them. Liston fought like a tall 6ft 2 and Haye fought like a small 6ft 3 so the jab would have been a false fit for Liston who was too slow of hands and foot for the more tactical and sharp counter punching version of Haye. I think Liston would get stopped.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Sonny Liston vs Henry Clark: great video-Liston still dangerous!
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2015, 03:46 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-19-2014, 02:21 PM
  3. Sonny Liston's death.
    By boozeboxer in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 07:06 PM
  4. Sonny Liston (Documentary)
    By ICB in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 11:11 AM
  5. Sonny Liston Documentary
    By BIG H in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 09:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Saddo Boxing - Boxing