Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Floyd vs berto is ppv thoughts ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd vs berto is ppv thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It will not be a great fight because it will show how far Floyd has fallen to struggle with a vulnerable Berto and would explain why he took on weak opposition in his penultimate fight.

It would make it an exciting fight which would be a first for Floyd for many many years.

Berto isn't good enough to deserve a fight against Floyd, but if he beats him you'll be disappointed because Berto shouldn't be good enough to beat him?

Not sure I understand.
    Floyd must have slipped drastically to allow a faded Berto to beat him. Whats not to get.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They added a potential explosive must see...Vanes Martirosyan vs Ishe 'sleepy time' Smith

This must make up the last .95 cents portion of the ppv price What a joke.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I just fail to see how this fight could be interesting in any way
    What if Berto knocks Floyd down once or twice and it becomes an exciting fight where Floyd has to dig deep just to survive?

Win or lose? Will it still be a shit fight?
    The flomos, along with your TBE bollocks, will be laughed out of town.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Brook or Thurman beat him then it's all good for you haters but if Berto beats him it's unacceptable?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Brook or Thurman beat him then it's all good for you haters but if Berto beats him it's unacceptable?
    Oh Rocco... Not sure why I'm wasting my time trying to educate u but I feel like the right thing to do is help the mentally challenged of this world. Dumbing it down for u:
    1) Brook and Thurman r undefeated titlists who have little wear and tear and are APPROACHING their primes. They aren't the best, but would be acceptable for PPV at this point.
    2) Berto is 3-3 in his last 6 fights, most likely shot, not durable, and has lost to two opponents Floyd beat handily. A PPV fight with Berto is gross and a rip off, a fight on free t.v. is acceptable.
    3) Floyd having a knockdown filled fight that is exciting with any of them is acceptable and would be great fights.
    4) I'm impressed that Floyd has enough downstairs to keep ur, Denilson and Leonard Ellerbe's mouths filled up like he does. U n Denilson r better huggers though. He pays Ellerbe millions..

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Oh Rocco... Not sure why I'm wasting my time trying to educate u but I feel like the right thing to do is help the mentally challenged of this world. Dumbing it down for u:
    1) Brook and Thurman r undefeated titlists who have little wear and tear and are APPROACHING their primes. They aren't the best, but would be acceptable for PPV at this point.
    2) Berto is 3-3 in his last 6 fights, most likely shot, not durable, and has lost to two opponents Floyd beat handily. A PPV fight with Berto is gross and a rip off, a fight on free t.v. is acceptable.
    3) Floyd having a knockdown filled fight that is exciting with any of them is acceptable and would be great fights.
    4) I'm impressed that Floyd has enough downstairs to keep ur, Denilson and Leonard Ellerbe's mouths filled up like he does. U n Denilson r better huggers though. He pays Ellerbe millions..
    So, since you don't know how the fight is going to unfold maybe you should shut the fuck up with the belly aching...?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    So, since you don't know how the fight is going to unfold maybe you should shut the fuck up with the belly aching...?
    I'm embarrassed for you. That was a pretty weak reply and overall point you were trying to make. It's not "bellyaching", it's saying the fight is a joke and that I won't waste my money on it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh Ruthless Rocco, oh Ruthless Rocco. Why can you not just say it is a rubbish fight and leave it at that? It's an obsession, I tell you!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Oh Ruthless Rocco, oh Ruthless Rocco. Why can you not just say it is a rubbish fight and leave it at that? It's an obsession, I tell you!
    It's stronger than obsession. It's true love. I think it's beautiful. If I had the time I would write a novel about Rocco's love for and dedication to Floyd. Would put The Notebook to shame.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Because it hasn't happened yet.
    Think of how many times you've been pleasantly surprised by something you had preconceived notions about Miles.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sir! Please, let it go, admit that Floyd has cherrypicked Berto. Everyone but you has accepted that fact and most of us aren't that upset about it.
    Most of us know that Floyd is going to win and that means it's not a PPV worthy contest!
    Yes, it could be an exciting fight if Floyd was knocked down but do you expect that to happen? Of course no one knows what will happen in a fight but what is your honest prediction? Floyd is going to win right? Everyone is positive about the outcome. That's why it's not a PPV fight and a lot of boxing fans aren't going to buy it.
    It's the principal of the thing, we have boxing standards and Floyd is violating them. Lol
    One more question. Why are we haters just because we want to see a competitive fight?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Sir! Please, let it go, admit that Floyd has cherrypicked Berto. Everyone but you has accepted that fact and most of us aren't that upset about it.
    Most of us know that Floyd is going to win and that means it's not a PPV worthy contest!
    Yes, it could be an exciting fight if Floyd was knocked down but do you expect that to happen? Of course no one knows what will happen in a fight but what is your honest prediction? Floyd is going to win right? Everyone is positive about the outcome. That's why it's not a PPV fight and a lot of boxing fans aren't going to buy it.
    It's the principal of the thing, we have boxing standards and Floyd is violating them. Lol
    One more question. Why are we haters just because we want to see a competitive fight?
    Floyd will beat any fighter. So by your own criteria there are no PPV worthy fights for Floyd. That is what makes you haters.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a shit fight on paper, because Berto is not highly ranked and he's very lightly regarded.

But Rocco is also right in that it could turn out to be a good fight in practice, if Berto somehow finds an angle, lands a punch or comes in with an effective game plan and makes the fight interesting like Maidana did. Guys have been huge underdogs and counted out of fights before and went on to either win or put on an amazing fight, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Is it a PPV worthy fight? I don't think so. I doubt there's one person here that would buy the fight. But it's just a product like any other that Floyd and crew are putting out there: if enough of the public wants the fight, they'll buy it and it'll be profitable. If the public doesn't want the fight, it'll tank and sales will be the shits. So it's their gamble.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look the man would get 1 million buys fighting the Straw man from Wizard of Oz. Nobody should be surprised by that in this market. Half of those to see if the Straw man could pull the upset. You add the historical significance to this one and who knows?

Donald Trump is ahead in the Polls FFS.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Floyd can do 1 million buys with Berto, why not? I'd sell my left shoe right now for 100k if someone would come up with the money.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Thread Information