Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Which one are you about Floyd?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddo poll - Where are you on Floyd

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saddo poll - Where are you on Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Lousy Don King imitation.

Anyway... we'll just professionally disagree on all counts.
    You don't think Tito was a great puncher??

No I don't.
    I think he was TBE puncher.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well he's had/has a good career in boxing, But i do believe me and floyd could be friend, i think we both likes to party and he can probably host some really good ones. He probably outbox me but i will probably outdrink him

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Tito probably wouldn't even hit Floyd twice!

Floyd would have been able to move around freely while Tito got set up on that front foot...by the time he was ready to throw Floyd would be on his other side and countering effortlessly.

You make it sound like Trinidad would be fighting underwater, while Floyd would be fighting in fast forward. Both are exaggerated.
    As far as the # of shots..... twice may be all it takes.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I don't.
    I heard he had loaded wraps though
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I don't.

You gotta quit getting your information from the National Enquirer.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I don't.

No loaded wraps, no power. Just watch the Hopkins fight. It's as if Tito knew he didn't have power in his punches. Kinda like how Pacquiao just seemed to know that he couldn't beat Floyd.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He didn't really land much on Hopkins though, did he? It's been awhile since I seen the fight.

Hopkins said DLH laid the blueprint to beat Trinidad and I guess he was right.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I don't.

No loaded wraps, no power. Just watch the Hopkins fight. It's as if Tito knew he didn't have power in his punches. Kinda like how Pacquiao just seemed to know that he couldn't beat Floyd.
    The wraps were not loaded. Its a crock and why involve Tito? Since you did he would give Floyd one hell of a go at 147. This wrap garbage needs to be chucked cause its one of those urban legends that continues long after it was exposed as a crock. Roach used to wrap Oscars hands using twisted packing tape and nobody cried about that. Tito's dad changed direction with some gauze and people act like he pulled a Panama Lewis.

I stick up for Floyd as much as anyone and appreciate the mans pugilistic prowess but I can honestly criticize him also or question his history etc etc w/o feeling torn about it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never really knew the truth. I heard people say they were loaded, some people said they weren't. I myself don't know what constitutes and illegal hand wrap in boxing to be honest, other than you're not allowed to add cement to your wrap like Margacheato did.

It seems a bit ridiculous to think that a bit of extra tape or whatever the fuck it is, is going to suddenly turn a guy into a murderous puncher. Tito had great technique on that left hook.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    No I don't.

The wraps were not loaded. Its a crock and why involve Tito? Since you did he would give Floyd one hell of a go at 147. This wrap garbage needs to be chucked cause its one of those urban legends that continues long after it was exposed as a crock. Roach used to wrap Oscars hands using twisted packing tape and nobody cried about that. Tito's dad changed direction with some gauze and people act like he pulled a Panama Lewis.

I stick up for Floyd as much as anyone and appreciate the mans pugilistic prowess but I can honestly criticize him also or question his history etc etc w/o feeling torn about it.
    The hands had to be re-wrapped for a reason...

In a post fight interview Papa Trinidad said that his special hand wrapping style gave Tito extra power--extra power that was missing when they had to re-wrap his hands.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tito was fighting a great fighter at middleweight and Hopkins was probably at his peak which is any he made Tito look average, no shame there.

I believe Tito, ike and Sweat Pea would have beaten Floyd in a close fight. They were legitamte welterweight champions.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I don't.

In a post fight interview Papa Trinidad said that his special hand wrapping style gave Tito extra power--extra power that was missing when they had to re-wrap his hands.

If Trinidad Sr. factually said that, I'd like to read it. He only speaks Spanish, so please provide the exact quote..... I'll be able to read it.

Not putting your words into question (yes I am)..... but then again you also claim that Floyd is a great humanitarian and cares more about the health and well-being of fellow athletes than about money and fame.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Trinidad Sr. factually said that, I'd like to read it. He only speaks Spanish, so please provide the exact quote..... I'll be able to read it.

Not putting your words into question (yes I am)..... but then again you also claim that Floyd is a great humanitarian and cares more about the health and well-being of fellow athletes than about money and fame.

You claim to be able to read but I'm skeptical of that.
    You seem to have had trouble reading my posts. I've never called Floyd a humanitarian and you've misquoted me as saying Floyd "cares more about the health and well-being of fellow athletes than about money and fame". What I said was that Floyd cares about more than just money, he also cares about the health and well being of his fellow fighters.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I don't.

"Well, it got to us a little because, since I couldn’t place the tape that I usually place on Tito’s hand... I had to add some more gauze to make a type of pillow... This tends to take away some of the power in the punch." Papa Trinidad

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I believe Tito, ike and Sweat Pea would have beaten Floyd in a close fight. They were legitamte welterweight champions.
    I won't argue Ike and Sweat Pea, but how does Tito beat Floyd? Serious question. What do you see in Tito that you think would give him an advantage over Floyd. I mean I get he's a bigger guy, and he hits hard. Floyd's fought a lot of guys who were bigger and hit harder.

What would Tito's game plan be?

Thread Information