Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48

Thread: 12th sept. the biggest fight

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Undercard is looking good, shame this one is a million times better than the Mayweather - Pacquiao one.
    @Tam Seddon can you list the undercards. I'm one of the idiots who may be this fight but I will not do so if the undercards aren't great. I have to say that Floyd is very good at making his fights events. I think Floyd v Berto is a shit fight but it's a night I can completely gorge on boxing. I don't know, I'm fifty fifty right now, haven't seen the price yet either. If my buddy can make it and split the bill I'll go for it. Floyd is Floyd, he can be boring to watch but a thing of beauty as well. Anyone else get in my dilemma, order the fight then hate yourself for doing so. It's not like you can get this one thinking Floyd will lose.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,970
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2751
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    @walrus buy some whisky and save yourself the guilt and heartache.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1602
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Undercard is looking good, shame this one is a million times better than the Mayweather - Pacquiao one.
    @Tam Seddon can you list the undercards. I'm one of the idiots who may be this fight but I will not do so if the undercards aren't great. I have to say that Floyd is very good at making his fights events. I think Floyd v Berto is a shit fight but it's a night I can completely gorge on boxing. I don't know, I'm fifty fifty right now, haven't seen the price yet either. If my buddy can make it and split the bill I'll go for it. Floyd is Floyd, he can be boring to watch but a thing of beauty as well. Anyone else get in my dilemma, order the fight then hate yourself for doing so. It's not like you can get this one thinking Floyd will lose.
    Here you go mate
    Attached Images

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NW Spain
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    720
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Those are some exciting names on the undercard, and they'll likely compensate for whatever Floyd-Berto might or might not bring.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Undercard is looking good, shame this one is a million times better than the Mayweather - Pacquiao one.
    @Tam Seddon can you list the undercards. I'm one of the idiots who may be this fight but I will not do so if the undercards aren't great. I have to say that Floyd is very good at making his fights events. I think Floyd v Berto is a shit fight but it's a night I can completely gorge on boxing. I don't know, I'm fifty fifty right now, haven't seen the price yet either. If my buddy can make it and split the bill I'll go for it. Floyd is Floyd, he can be boring to watch but a thing of beauty as well. Anyone else get in my dilemma, order the fight then hate yourself for doing so. It's not like you can get this one thinking Floyd will lose.
    Here you go mate
    Thanks much Tam, looks like I'm going to put in for the night off work and get it. I'm just bothered by the fact Floyd is fighting someone who has lost to someone Floyd already beat. I know the argument, Floyd has earned the right to fight whoever he wants which has validity but this seems like reaching into the bottom of the barrel. Floyd made Guerroro look like a flailing amateur and he beat Berto. And don't get me wrong, I've been a Berto fan for years just not a fan of this fight. I really hope Berto doesn't punch himself when he misses Floyd all night.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,970
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2751
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    I hope Berto turns back time and shows some good martial arts form and knock Floyd out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,970
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2751
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight



    Andre Berto believes he can spring a surprise by becoming the first man to defeat Floyd Mayweather

    Andre Berto says he is a man "on a mission" as he bids to end Floyd Mayweather's perfect record.

    The 31-year-old (30-3-KO23) takes on his fellow American at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on September 12, in what Mayweather has said will be the final fight of his illustrious 19-year professional career.

    If Mayweather (48-0-KO26)overcomes Berto in Las Vegas, he will equal boxing legend and former heavyweight world champion Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0. But Berto insists he has the ability to cause the undefeated Mayweather problems and claims he has never been fitter heading into the fight.

    http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...oyd-mayweather
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post


    Andre Berto believes he can spring a surprise by becoming the first man to defeat Floyd Mayweather

    Andre Berto says he is a man "on a mission" as he bids to end Floyd Mayweather's perfect record.

    The 31-year-old (30-3-KO23) takes on his fellow American at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on September 12, in what Mayweather has said will be the final fight of his illustrious 19-year professional career.

    If Mayweather (48-0-KO26)overcomes Berto in Las Vegas, he will equal boxing legend and former heavyweight world champion Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0. But Berto insists he has the ability to cause the undefeated Mayweather problems and claims he has never been fitter heading into the fight.

    Andre Berto relishing shot at undefeated Floyd Mayweather | Boxing News | Sky Sports
    Yes Mr Berto but I think 48 people have said the same thing you did.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,970
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2751
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Classic

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    518
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post


    Andre Berto believes he can spring a surprise by becoming the first man to defeat Floyd Mayweather

    Andre Berto says he is a man "on a mission" as he bids to end Floyd Mayweather's perfect record.

    The 31-year-old (30-3-KO23) takes on his fellow American at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on September 12, in what Mayweather has said will be the final fight of his illustrious 19-year professional career.

    If Mayweather (48-0-KO26)overcomes Berto in Las Vegas, he will equal boxing legend and former heavyweight world champion Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0. But Berto insists he has the ability to cause the undefeated Mayweather problems and claims he has never been fitter heading into the fight.

    Andre Berto relishing shot at undefeated Floyd Mayweather | Boxing News | Sky Sports
    Yes Mr Berto but I think 48 people have said the same thing you did.
    I'd laugh my ass off if Berto beat Floyd, for whatever reason! It's not that I really want to see Floyd lose after coming this close to the record, it's because he would have screwed himself.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,942
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1696
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Quote Originally Posted by goti71 View Post
    Those are some exciting names on the undercard, and they'll likely compensate for whatever Floyd-Berto might or might not bring.


    A rematch between Roman "Rocky" Martinez and Orlando Salido...... Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Jonathan Oquendo..... and Badou Jack defending against George Groves. Yeah.... these people aren't stupid. They know if they put together a shit undercard for Mayweather-Berto, it would cause an uproar, so they compensated.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Damn, days away from the fight and this thread keeps sinking to the bottom, says a lot about the excitement level. I hate to say it, but I'm getting excited.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,970
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2751
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Damn, days away from the fight and this thread keeps sinking to the bottom, says a lot about the excitement level. I hate to say it, but I'm getting excited.
    Do not get it. Be a man!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,367
    Mentioned
    641 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 12th sept. the biggest fight

    Anyone else confessing they are getting the fight. I have the night off, got my bacon jerky, and will enjoy it. I love watching the defense of Floyd. We have a saying in the US, good defense beats good offense and visa verssa or however you spell it. It's bound to be a fun night of boxing, I wish it wasn't Berto but still, a long night of boxing. How much is it in the UK.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Massive fight for me 5th sept.
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 01:22 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2015, 10:34 AM
  3. Anthony Joshua's September 12th fight
    By bzkfn in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 05:01 AM
  4. Tyson's 12th pro fight
    By Tam Seddon in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 11:07 AM
  5. i cant believe dlh is not gonna fight pbf in sept
    By LawHoops in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 11:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing