Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Which is the hardest

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the harder sport,Rugby or American football? VOTE NOW!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Which is the harder sport,Rugby or American football? VOTE NOW!!!

Both are tough team sports with a funny shaped ball.Both sports are played by blokes that look like brick shithouses.Some are fat others lean and mean.

The hits are harder in American football but they are like robcop's with all the protective gear on.Its also very stop start with burst of action.

In rugby they are more carfull when they tackle coz if they dont they could break there necks.They have no protective gear apart from gumshealeds and in a few cases scrum caps.

Which do you think is the harder sport?
    Balls

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Which is the harder sport,Rugby or American football? VOTE NOW!!!

Football by far!

Yes America sucks at rugby, but Football requires more strategy and the forward pass is a good difference in the two sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Football by far!

Yes America sucks at rugby, but Football requires more strategy and the forward pass is a good difference in the two sports
    Lyle i think you have mis-interperated what porky meant by "hard"

I'll let you figure it out

p.s ruggers all the way!

El Kabong Guest

...ha......ha......ha.....Munky that joke was as gay as rugby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hello sailor!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Football by far!

Why do they called it football?

More like hand ball.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have played both (if you mean Rugby Union).... poorly

American Football does have bigger single hits, but Rugby is more physically demanding, and takes a lot more out of you. To start of with there is no scrummaging, rucking or mauling in American Football. But I suppose there are less legal cheap shots in Rugby....

El Kabong Guest

I would argue with you but I have no idea what "rucking" is and I don't know how you mean "mauling"....in football we don't (usually) bite people like dogs or anything but it does get pretty bad sometimes.

Yes football has the better athletes (barring most linemen but look at yall's fullbacks, about the same) and the bigger hits and therefore is harder to play because of such things. Rugby is to football what Cricket is to baseball...more boring and less skilled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would argue with you but I have no idea what "rucking" is and I don't know how you mean "mauling"....in football we don't (usually) bite people like dogs or anything but it does get pretty bad sometimes.

Yes football has the better athletes (barring most linemen but look at yall's fullbacks, about the same) and the bigger hits and therefore is harder to play because of such things. Rugby is to football what Cricket is to baseball...more boring and less skilled
    Comedy genius.

Sorry mate...Amercian football has the better athletes? You are somking some pretty strong stuff. Rugby is a much more physically demanding game and you have to be much 'fitter' to play the game with any level of success.

I would say Rugby players are much more rounded athletes than American football players simply because the game is non stop physical exertion. American football relies on a bunch of fatass blockers (ala 'the fridge') and a guy who throws it to the one fit guy in the team (wide reciever) who then scores. Also its very start stop so no real sustained level of physical activity is required before the ref blows his whistle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rucking: When a player is tackled, and deemed to be on the floor, he must release the ball. But if he can turn his body to his own side, his team mates can run over him, and 'clear' the opposition, and a player can then come and pick the ball up and continue possesion. A player from opposing side must stay on his feet when a ruck is formed, and can only gain the ball himself, if comes from behind the foot of the furtest player directly behind the ball. If he fails to do this he is deemed offside and he is punished with a penalty.

Mauling: Is similar to rucking, but occurs when a player is tackled but stays on his feet. His team mates are entitled to push him forward by 'binding' on to him or a team mate, providing they 'bind on' by approaching the maul from the furthest player in a direct line with the ball. The opposition in turn is entitled to push the person with the ball, back by the same means.

I am sure that is as clear as mud

El Kabong Guest

....yeah, ok this time in American

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....yeah, ok this time in American
    As britkid said but inbetween every 3rd line insert "runs off to get fried chicken and a hotdog"

El Kabong Guest

uh huh....what about beef and kidney pie (a Brit making fun of food HAHAHA...yeah you just go right ahead and talk yourself into a hole!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

uh huh....what about beef and kidney pie (a Brit making fun of food HAHAHA...yeah you just go right ahead and talk yourself into a hole!)
    Lol!

I'm gonna give you a click for making me laugh at my desk. Fair play mate

El Kabong Guest

Thank you very much, back at you

Thread Information