Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Look back at Mayweather/Ortiz (4 years ago)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A Look back at Mayweather/Ortiz (4 years ago)

Aside from all of the controversy as well as the Mayweather family drama during the 24/7 segments, my biggest memory from that event occurred right before the bell even rang:

When I was working at the cable company, I had access to all residential accounts. My ex-gf's brother had owed me money and kept bullshittin' me. He was one of those types who claim they are broke, but is constantly wearing new clothes and other things when you see him.

I eventually found out through a mutual friend that he was ordering the fight and having a party at his condo. A week or so later it was fight night and I was working that night as well. I sat through all of the other prefights, then RIGHT before the main event fight began, I deactivated ALL of his cable boxes. The fight only lasted a few rounds, so he ended up missing the entire fight. Come to find out he had over 30 people (including my ex) at his crib.

The payback was well worth the money....
    Last edited by Sleepwalker; 09-09-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A Look back at Mayweather/Ortiz (4 years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Aside from all of the controversy as well as the Mayweather family drama during the 24/7 segments, my biggest memory from that event occurred right before the bell even rang:

When I was working at the cable company, I had access to all residential accounts. My ex-gf's brother had owed me money and kept bullshittin' me. He was one of those types who claim they are broke, but is constantly wearing new clothes and other things when you see him.

I eventually found out through a mutual friend that he was ordering the fight and having a party at his condo. A week or so later it was fight night and I was working that night as well. I sat through all of the other prefights, then RIGHT before the main event fight began, I deactivated ALL of his cable boxes. The fight only lasted a few rounds, so he ended up missing the entire fight. Come to find out he had over 30 people (including my ex) at his crib.

Dastardly, but interesting. The bad thing is you had to include 30 innocents in your war but all is fair I guess.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You should have gone over and sucker punched him like Floyd did and he would have faked his knockout like Ortiz did.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You wild dawg you!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somber for me. It was the last fight I had in my own house (was renting to own)

I had two distinct demographics; my friends from school days- today one is a firefighter, another a cop, another setups stages at the arena for concerts, another drives city bus- overall working class men. Then I had a cousin, my bro and their friends.

On one side of the refrigerator was Corona beer filled to the max. The other side was Milwaukee's best and Colt 45.. On the counter one side was Pizza Hut, the other was fried chicken Popeyes. Shit was a funny sight to see.

One side of the house smoking bogeys?? Cigars? The other side big ass blunts.

I had two chicks from a strip club serve drinks, pizza etc and also hold the ring card Up and shake a lil bit. (both sides was cool with that)

Most memorable moment was when Floyd was walking to the ring- he had 50 cent. so the working class side of the house --was like "Oh isn't that 50 cent?"

The ghetto side abruptly interrupted us and was "Aaww is that 50 cent, that old hoe azz nigguh?"
    We got quiet- like...Oh..I guess we didn't know 50 aint loved by the real nigguhs at ALL.

A memorable night for the last fight party I had was PBF vs Ortiz. Oh & the ghetto side of the house said Ortiz should known...Protect Yo' punk ass at ALL TIMES!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Showtime here in the states has been replaying all of Floyd's fights. He really is amazing. Despite what my boy Rocco says I've always enjoyed Floyd in the ring. That Damon defense is amazing, except the last round or two when he runs away. Regarding the Ortiz fight Floyd again showed incredible defense avoiding that head but. Had Ortiz made contact Floyd would have needed plastic surgery. Even with that head butt I always thought Floyd whacking Ortiz was uncool for an ATG. For revenge Floyd should have nailed him while Ortiz was looking. Still, Showtime replaying all the fights has been cool. Last night was Cabell.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post

what about if the 30 people had all chipped in a couple of quid to watch the fight and supplied their own alcohol?

that'd make you a big meanie

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's KO of Ortiz is what made me a fan of his. Brilliant!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Cheap shot cheap fan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on Rocco, when of the greatest defensive fighters of all times and that's what made you a fan, I hope your joking, although I have heard Floyd sperm may be toxic to the brain.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give me a break!

Ortiz fouled him 3 times with deliberate headbutts, causing him to split his lip and bleed.

Then he hugged him.
    Then he kissed him on his face.
    Then he tapped his glove saying sorry.
    Then he hugged him again.

Then the ref said fight on...at which point Ortiz continued to try and fondle, grope and make out with Floyd in the centre of the ring.
    Floyd responded by knocking him the fuck out.

HOW can you have a problem with that?
    HOW is Floyd the dirty fighter in this scenario?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked Floyds attitude in that one. Not so much the ending but he came out with zero respect for Ortiz and pushed the advantages.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give me a break!

Ortiz fouled him 3 times with deliberate headbutts, causing him to split his lip and bleed.

Then he hugged him.

Then the ref said fight on...at which point Ortiz continued to try and fondle, grope and make out with Floyd in the centre of the ring.

Rocco, all I said was I didn't feel it was a fitting move fir an ATG. I think Floyd should pummeled Ortiz during the fight to set the record straight. I feel it would have said a lot for him. Look, you may not agree with this but I think you are much more capable of making an intelligent discussion about it. Rocco, I'm getting the Berto fight so I can enjoy Floyd's defense, my comments are not an attack, just a discussion, I think we need to hug this out. How many times must I tell you I don't hate Floyd, I just think had he handled viscerally called for revenge against Floyd in a different manner which he obviously could have he would have come out looking much better. At least Floyd got a knock out.
    Last edited by walrus; 09-11-2015 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Give me a break!

Then he hugged him.

Rocco, all I said was I didn't feel it was a fitting move fir an ATG. I think Floyd should pummeled Ortiz during the fight to set the record straight. I feel it would have said a lot for him. Look, you may not agree with this but I think you are much more capable of making an intelligent discussion about it. Rocco, I'm getting the Berto fight so I can enjoy Floyd's defense, my comments are not an attack, just a discussion, I think we need to hug this out. How many times must I tell you I don't hate Floyd, I just think had he handled viscerally called for revenge against Floyd in a different manner which he obviously could have he would have come out looking much better. At least Floyd got a knock out.
    I was talking to @Master .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fully rate Floyd for what he did to Ortiz. Weird chain of events but yeah, I feel Floyd handled himself accordingly.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information